Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]

Rocky M wrote:
Makes me wonder why WTC doesn't ask for a "head shot" without hats, glasses, etc. along with original registration. Seems like everyone has a camera of cell phone they can send the pic to their computer if they are filling it out online (and not on a computer), then save it, then attach it via a browse/insert button. Then when they send it with the attached photo, they (WTC) will know if the pic is even looks remotely close to the person who entered originally, should a dispute of illegal transfer or substituting as in this case. That seems like a fix for WTC should they insist on maintaining their no transfer/refund policy. If one guy who entered is about 25 years old & the dude racing it is about 60 (from race photos or a "secondary photo check at registration), it would is obvious.

They should hire guys with spiffy uniforms and bad German accents to patrol packet pick-up. They will accost people in line with, "Vhere are your papers, triathlete?" Anyone not providing proper documentation will be frog marched to a fenced in internment area next to the bikes where they will remain for the duration of the weekend. Food will consist of bread and Ironman Perform.

It is a freaking triathlon, dude, not entry to CIA headquarters in Langley.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]

No shit! This thread is out of control!

It's a lynching from people who have nothing better to do than try to make a public mockery of an athlete who they think cheated because his name is not on the bib. Guess what kids....it's not up to you. Do you really think WTC is going to hunt down an AG athlete because YOU asked them to? What credentials do you have? Who are YOU that you think they will listen to you, BAN someone and risk them getting their asses sued if they are wrong in the ban.

Just because you think you are the one who should be patrolling the no-transfer policy it doesn't mean that your opinion matters one bit. This is a multi-million dollar international organization....one that s funded solely by the sale of their race slots and merchandise bought by every AG athlete out there that wants to be an Ironman. So what if one little person who didn't race that day says that they saw someone who isn't who they say they are. WTC has set their registration / check in process so that this cannot happen....and it happened. So they are the dumbasses who should fix their system and then they can bust people when they break it.

As of now you should should put the ipad down and go spend some time with your families. Spend this time doing research on how to make your bike to run transition faster instead of worrying how someone else raced their race.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [FastLittleGirl] [ In reply to ]

Why are you so upset. We're discussing a problem in our sport. If not here where? If it bothers you why are you reading this thread?

And I still think the most blatant part of this specific instance of swapping is that a younger guy raced in us older guy's age-group thus costing everybody behind him their rightful age-group finish place. If this thread hadn't started that wrong would have gone uncorrected.

Thanks to everybody for making this a pretty thorough discussion.

I cannot begin to speculate which one of you thought it was cute to send a threatening email that you'll make sure I'll never ride a bike again if I don't retract everything I've said in this post....are you fucking kidding me.....not only do you think it's ok violate the rules, it's ok to threaten bodily harm...and you think this scares me one bit...not at all.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Seriously, did you sign up for slowtwitch just to say that? Just to scold everyone? Just to tell everyone to mind their own business?

While there are certainly varying opinions here, I suspect that there is consensus that WTC refund/transfer policy is unreasonable, and this thread has generated good discussion of that aspect, and how it likely contributed to the actions of the individuals involved.
And your recommendation is tighter security? Maybe hire the TSA?

Perhaps your last line was directed at your own self. Except that the last sentence should be "...worrying how someone else raced their race under someone else's name"
Isn't that what happened?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

It's cheating, for sure. Rules are broken all the time, whether anyone sees you sneak outside food into the movies, or not. Being a MOP/BOP shouldn't confuse your allegiance to the rules when lining up with others who respectively lined up on race day. It burns you for sure, but there were a couple thousand or so that raced fairly...there will always will be cheaters. Don't give them too much of your energy that could be giving to the rest.

Wow, some asshole sent you a threatening email? Over this? What a jerk off.

FastLittleGirl wrote:
No shit! This thread is out of control!

It's a lynching from people who have nothing better to do than try to make a public mockery of an athlete who they think cheated because his name is not on the bib. Guess what kids....it's not up to you. Do you really think WTC is going to hunt down an AG athlete because YOU asked them to? What credentials do you have? Who are YOU that you think they will listen to you, BAN someone and risk them getting their asses sued if they are wrong in the ban.

Just because you think you are the one who should be patrolling the no-transfer policy it doesn't mean that your opinion matters one bit. This is a multi-million dollar international organization....one that s funded solely by the sale of their race slots and merchandise bought by every AG athlete out there that wants to be an Ironman. So what if one little person who didn't race that day says that they saw someone who isn't who they say they are. WTC has set their registration / check in process so that this cannot happen....and it happened. So they are the dumbasses who should fix their system and then they can bust people when they break it.

As of now you should should put the ipad down and go spend some time with your families. Spend this time doing research on how to make your bike to run transition faster instead of worrying how someone else raced their race.

Nope. But when Sportstats does guess who they have on speed dial, WTC.

"Hunt them down...." Do you really think Sportstats doesn't do a thorough verification before sending the information off to WTC. This one was easy, all they really needed to do was a photo verification against, previous WTC races, it's really not that hard to do when you have full names of both parties and know all previous WTC events they've participated in. Come on, think a little. Did you not read the now infamous IMFL Cheater thread? Oh wait, of course you didn't...you just registered for ST today.

What credentials do I have, absolutely Z-E-R-O...did I need some?

Let me get this right....two people are going to sue WTC because they blatantly violated the rules, knowing there would be consequences if they got caught, in this case a 1 year ban on all WTC and USAT sanctioned races. I'd love to see this play out.

No dear, the people who violated the rules are the dumbasses.

I didn't make this my business, the person who raced, his wife and the tri club president made it my business when they all spoke candidly with me about the entire situation.

You sound like the tri club president who facilitated this mess, the one who had a 10 min conversation with me about this before even exiting the finish on Sunday.

Hope you're having a good one, because I certainly am with my iPad in hand and hugs for all!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [jime] [ In reply to ]

jime wrote:

Yes. Although, not worried about it. I don't take threats to physicslly harm me lightly... as I suspect none of you would either.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Is there anyone who doesn't want to cast a ballot in the next election?

I'll vote in your stead, posing as you.

Nothing wrong there, right?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

thank you dan, for being reasonable.

and please please please lock this thread.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

I would out him. The reason being that it's a race, and someone else participating forever altered the results of the race, both the rankings and the name that appears registered with the results. When I've posted on FB that I'm backing out of a race I've had people ask me for the bib #, and I've said I'll be more than happy to ask the race director, and have done so the handful of times, and would be more than happy to transfer it to them. Every single race director has said no and I've said sorry, can't do.

The only thing out of control is that someone on here has threatened the OP.

Time to shut this down Dan.

Also FastLittleGirl is either a brand new poster with a big opinion on their first day or someone who has created a secondary account.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

KyraMorgan wrote:
jime wrote:

Yes. Although, not worried about it. I don't take threats to physicslly harm me lightly... as I suspect none of you would either.

When people are wrong and know they are, they resort to things like threatening people.
I would report it to the police, they can trace it down. The only reason I would do that is to show that person they can't go around and do as the want, let them argue with the police wether the email was right or wrong.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Rover24] [ In reply to ]

Or report it to Dan. The person was probably not smart enough to do this from a different email address that they use for Slowtwitch.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Dan,

I completely agree that there should be a transfer policy, but until there is, this type of act can't really be tolerated. It's particularly important now given the Legacy slots. I've intentionally avoided signing up for races because of the lack of transfer policy. It's a joke that they haven't set up a process to transfer, but fact is they haven't. I also don't know if the punishment fits the crime. A simple DQ would be sufficient, but there might be factors I am unaware of. That said if a person is racing under someone else's name I don't know why they would care if they were disqualified. Either way there is not record of that person having raced.

Point is, you irrationally assumed that I just accepted the industry status quo, when in fact that isn't true. I simply didn't answer a question that wasn't asked. Of course I think the non-transfer policy is horse shit, I think $600 for an Ironman is garbage, I think a lot of things are difficult to understand about WTC, but I also think they put on damn fine races.

KyraMorgan wrote:
I cannot begin to speculate which one of you thought it was cute to send a threatening email that you'll make sure I'll never ride a bike again if I don't retract everything I've said in this post....are you fucking kidding me.....not only do you think it's ok violate the rules, it's ok to threaten bodily harm...and you think this scares me one bit...not at all.

This is disgusting. Obviously you raised a topic that needed to be addressed based on the volume of responses.

KyraMorgan wrote:

That's pathetic and sad. However, I'd like to see some public shaming, mockery, and prosecution of this individual.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]

I'll give them a head shot.

Kyra -

Just wondering... did you think these people your publicly pondering on turning in for bib transferring (I still can't imagine it) to receive 1 year bans (who are members of a triathlon club) have no clue about Slowtwitch.com?

Now I'm not sure who's the bigger goof:

1. The people who trusted you in their circle (to not turn them in to the crosswalk rent a cop for stepping into the street too soon)
2. You for publicly pondering your beef with a community you had to know one of these people would be a member of (a beef which includes more than just an issue beyond bib transfers used to your knowledge without intent to get fake results)
3. Or us for continuing to give you attention beyond 15 minutes
Last edited by: C|earwater: Nov 23, 12 14:45

KyraMorgan wrote:
[

I didn't make this my business, the person who raced, his wife and the tri club president made it my business when they all spoke candidly with me about the entire situation.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!![/quote]
Please don't pretend that you had some obligation to a. report this just because you heard about it, and b. come on ST and make a big deal about it.

If you want to call out some people over this situation, go ahead, but take responsibility for the fact that you actively went out of your way to do so - no one "made it your business".

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]

Please don't pretend that you had some obligation to a. report this just because you heard about it, and b. come on ST and make a big deal about it.

If you want to call out some people over this situation, go ahead, but take responsibility for the fact that you actively went out of your way to do so - no one "made it your business".[/quote]
^^^^ That was probably the best response on here as of yet.

You're obviously doing something right when you get emails like that. People who are in the right or who have any personal ethics or morals don't send emails like that. It's sad because Dan has helped to facilite behavior like that with his tact support of cheating. We can all agree that WTC needs a transfer policy but when this supposed industry leader writes an op-ed that fails to even go as far as recognize that the actions of those individuals at IMAZ was cheating it sets the table for ethically challenged individuals like some on here and the one that sent you the email to feel like that have support from people in a position of "power". It wouldn't be the first time for Dan in a situation like this. He typically seems to come down on the wrong side of issues like this. Maybe the IMAZ guys didn't receive enough due process.

FastLittleGirl wrote:

If you want to call out some people over this situation, go ahead, but take responsibility for the fact that you actively went out of your way to do so - no one "made it your business".

^^^^ That was probably the best response on here as of yet.[/quote]
The ONLY lesson here is if you are going to break WTC and USAT rules, don't go around boasting about it all weekend!!

If someone had boasted like this about how good their "Low-T" therapy was working, ST would be up in arms. We have people here that would throw their own mother under the bus if they saw her drafting. And god forbid that a some random MOP athlete ends up cutting the course someplace! So why is this rules violation any different? What do YOU do when someone does something unethical or against the rules and then flaunts it in your face?

Yes, the WTC transfer policy sucks. But USAT rules say what happened is a rules violation, and a 1 year ban means they consider it to be serious. If you don't like it, don't enter WTC events (or any other event with a non-transfer policy).

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [markg] [ In reply to ]

Well said..

Prev Next