Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Rover24] [ In reply to ]

So you don't answer the question. That's fine. It was a hypothetical, not caring if your a cop or not, just interested in how you'd deal with someone as the enforcer of law.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [C|earwater] [ In reply to ]

C|earwater wrote:
TravisTygart wrote:
Some people have the ability to take hindsight into a situation and say that because no one was really damaged by the actions then they don't matter. Although the assumption that slower people don't care about there finishing place in a race or want to actually compete against people in the correct AG is somewhat insulting. If that's how they look at things then so be it although it's a pretty self-centered viewpoint to believe you can simply do whatever you want with zero effect on anyone else.

Telling me that it's insulting that a guy who finished 356th in his age group might have finished 355th - yet because of my actions his 355th position can't be seen into fruition isn't even ground for discussion. This is a bleeding heart travesty that all triathletes can only hope doesn't ever happen. :/

Maybe the WTC can start drug testing the top 10 in every age group so these numbers REALLY mean something.

If you've ever raced, place doesn't matter to a single degree once your out of the top 10. It's the times / splits that you'll be racing against or holding as a valued takeaway from the event.

Summary:
1. WTC change policy to allow slot swaps
2. Start drug testing so Race Position Discussion Becomes A Valid Topic... and Travis never has to play the worlds smallest violin for the guy who actually finished 355th in his age group ever again

Let me quote that for you so we can all remember how irrelevant you consider anybody who is not at the front of the race. Sorry for forgetting about this gem.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

If you want to deflect and shine a light on things other than the WTC and their failed policy (in action) that's your right.

You refuse to acknowledge that drug testing would change the places of all those racers much more so than bandit racers (I'm confidently guessing there's more PED use than bandits).

It seems like the glare is reflecting back on you again (one of the consequences of deflecting to avoid direct response).
Last edited by: C|earwater: Nov 21, 12 11:56

C|earwater wrote:
If you want to deflect and shine a light on things other than the WTC and their failed policy (in action) that's your right.

You refuse to acknowledge that drug testing would change the places of all those racers much more so than bandit racers (I'm confidently guessing there's more PED use than bandits).

It seems like the glare is reflecting back on you again (one of the consequences of deflecting to avoid direct response).

Nice strawman buddy.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Lederman] [ In reply to ]

Lederman wrote:
I do care what place I finish and I'm not in the top 10. Especially inside the last few miles.

Do we know if the seller in this instance charged a premium over the actual price for the entry? That would be interesting.

Maybe a little black market could be created by some unscrupulous person. I'm sure the policy addresses this as well as everything else already stated.

he did not, as they are both in the same triathlon club and both friends with the president. apparently, original bib owner told president, the president asked a select few who she thought may be interested.... i am almost certain no money changed hands, but not 100%..it wasn't something i thought to ask, same goes for how he was able to get the bracelet.

another way to circumvent this is body marking at check-in, with stamps and the kind of ink that takes at least 5+ days to wear off. however, like everything someone will find away to beat the system.....just a thought.

i do think checking id's at t1 &t2 drop-off would be another good idea.......

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

But then acknowledging that would mean you know the places aren't accurate in the first place.

So instead of being honest you'd rather people believe the lie to make a point. Great philanthropic work!

You're starting to make less and less sense. Stick to the topic at hand instead of trying to change the subject when your opinions reflect poorly on you.

Thank you

C|earwater wrote:
and would take a bib or give a bib to/from someone else in a WTC event in an act of Corporate Civil Disobedience.

And if you were caught you would be suspended for a year. Good luck to you with your disobedience.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

Thank you BLep

I usually take my threat from corporations with a GU early in the mornings. But when I get it personally delivered from an unpaid agent while educating the masses I consider it an honor and a privilege.

Why not make it a lifetime ban - nobody messes with Corporations. It's not like a 1 year ban will make anyone regain respect for the WTC (when this rule is derived from greed in the first place). Carry on defending the indefensible.

Have you not been reading the thread? This is a ban from USAT not WTC.

I did not threaten you, I simply told you a fact.

Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension skills.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

Your telling me something that has already been covered in this thread, and that most people who read the waiver know.

"If you do this you'll get banned for 1 year"

At least your not telling me if I don't like it then I shouldn't do WTC races.

But I do have to ask... are you implying that the WTC is not responsible for this (refusing to allow bib transfers / swaps) since it's the USAT's ban?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

i dont like it. its breaking/bending/poking (whatever, use your own adjective) established rules. everyone always speculates what the basis of those rules are, yet no one has called and said to the WTC, "hey, i disagree with your non-bib transfer policy. my friend was gonna race, but he couldnt, so i poached the race with his bib and info. my name is XXX, but i was just wondering why you have that policy in the first place?"

ive said it before, people will justify their actions because of their sense of entitlement. i would guess that this guy would be pissed as hell if he was racing, and found out that he lost (fill in whatever perceived or actual reward you want ie. kona, podium, place in AG/ overall etc), because of someone that did the same thing he did. i recognize that if you asked him, he would always say hes ok with it. but studies have shown (i posted one such on another thread) that people are good at justifying morally questionable actions as their perceived "negative outcome" of the situation is diminished. but when the tables are turned, they almost always cry foul.

it is interesting how many people post opinions that condone some level of cheating/ breaking rules/ doing questionably ethical actions based on their own feelings on a rule meant for the masses, but to them personally is disagreeable. "its ok to not follow the rule or its expectation if i personally dont like it." i understand that not all rules are equal in the severity of outcomes if not followed.

i think some people just like to argue, and not have their opinion challenged.

btw, whatever you decide to do, and whatever your reasons, they are YOUR reasons. regardless if we, the ST masses think they are valid. those are OUR reasons.

people are sorry they broke rules because they are caught. not because they broke the rule in the first place. (mostly)

*disclaimer* everything typed (at the risk of being called out were i to use the verb written) above is the opinion of the typist (meant to indicate person typing, not profession). and he reserves the right to change his opinion if in a situation where it would be beneficial his said situation.

hope youre able to get closure with this.

~sarcasm saves lives

can we all go back to old good days discussing LA?

Everyone race director that sanctions with USAT must publish what their transfer policy is. That includes transferring up until day of event, transferring up to a cutoff date, the mechanics and cost of what it takes to make up an allowed transfer, etc. WTC, like a lot of other races, have a published transfer policy of 'no transfers allowed.' We as athletes can decide whether we accept the published policy from a race, and whether to give them our business.

The rule about not allowing unauthorized transfers is a USAT rule, with commensurate penalties if you're caught doing it. Again, if you don't like that policy, you can choose to ignore it (but be willing to accept the punishment if caught), or choose to not enter any races that carry USAT sanctioning.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Great article on the front page.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [haole] [ In reply to ]

Only if Travis Tygart will run for public office

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]

Looks like Dan Empfield understands reason.
Last edited by: C|earwater: Nov 21, 12 12:53

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

this is not that big of a deal! The only reason I wouldn't do it is because if you get caught you can't race a WTC event ever again! I also wouldn't let someone slower than me do it, I wouldn't want a shit time to be made official under my name for all eternity on the internet haha
Last edited by: cyclops: Nov 21, 12 13:05

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [cyclops] [ In reply to ]

this is not that big of a deal!

If that's the case, why doesn't the person racing under someone else's name just walk into registration and tell the volunteers that's what they're doing, and see how that works?

In the grand scheme of life, you are correct, this is not that big a deal...but this is a specific and clear case of the violation of the rules, the penalties of which are fairly severe in their context.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [cyclops] [ In reply to ]

Wow this thread is crazy. It's cheating folks. It's a race with final places posted. It doesn't matter if you cheat to get to 1st or 131st, 2,087th.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [haole] [ In reply to ]

haole wrote:
can we all go back to old good days discussing LA?

I was searching for references to tainted beef, lost twins, or motor bikes following the event with vials of EPO, but there was none of that. Does anyone know if the athletes in question used fins, cut the course, used a pull buoy, or if there was any excitement in T3 and if there was T3 action did finisherpix capture it and upload it to youtube? Was anyone from the M55-59 age group banned in this thread on account of using the wrong/bandit bib, while using Testosterone without a TUE? Were there any mirrors involved on the bike?

If none of the above happened, than ST is losing its edge. May as well open an account on letsrun or wherever finman hangs out these days for some serious entertainment.

Dev

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

Yea, 272 posts about this bs? It's not cheating. Get over yourself.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [jime] [ In reply to ]

Small transgressions can lead to larger ones. It's a slippery slope.

C|earwater wrote:
Your telling me something that has already been covered in this thread, and that most people who read the waiver know.

"If you do this you'll get banned for 1 year"

At least your not telling me if I don't like it then I shouldn't do WTC races.

But I do have to ask... are you implying that the WTC is not responsible for this (refusing to allow bib transfers / swaps) since it's the USAT's ban?

Dude, YOU'RE killing me here. It's hard to take you seriously with simple misspelling.

Prev Next