Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

TravisT wrote:
WTFoxtrot wrote:
KyraMorgan > TravisT is trying REALLY HARD to impress you. Can you send him a PM and tell him what a good boy he is?

Please Kyra, you know awesome that would be ;-)

good recovery +1

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [PJC] [ In reply to ]

Illegal entry transfer doesn't just break WTC's rules, it also breaks USAT and ITU rules.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Peanut] [ In reply to ]

Peanut wrote:
Illegal entry transfer doesn't just break WTC's rules, it also breaks USAT and ITU rules.

Yep. It's also not allowed in cycling or running. People do it there too, against the rules.

There's no debate here. This was against the rules, and in fact this is a bannable offense if caught. There's that word. Caught. Some think anything goes as long as they think they can get away with it.

Edit: I need to learn to touch type....
Last edited by: Dilbert: Nov 20, 12 14:20

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [dhyoung9] [ In reply to ]

dhyoung9 wrote:
Ok then. Sorry I didnt see that they weren't in the same age group. So now that Im in 45-49, MOP, there might be guys in my age group that are not who the results say they are. Thats wrong and thats not the way WTC has the age groups setup. Therefore it is breaking the rules. WTC should be notified and the athletes should be taken off the results list and maybe even banned for a year from WTC events.

Interesting that you don't think it's breaking the rules if they were the same AG.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Peanut] [ In reply to ]

Peanut wrote:

"3.5 Unregistered Participants.
a. Any person who participates in any portion of a sanctioned event without first properly registering and paying any required registration fee shall be suspended or barred from membership in USA Triathlon and barred from participation in any sanctioned event for a period of up to one year.
b. Any person who in any way assists another athlete to violate Section 3.5a by providing or selling a race number to that athlete shall be suspended or barred from membership in USA Triathlon and barred from participation in any sanctioned event for a period of up to one year.
Any second violation of this Section shall result in a lifetime suspension or ban from membership in USA Triathlon."

Looks like both parties receive up to a year ban.

http://www.usatriathlon.org/...ook.aspx#Article%203

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Definitely the giver and the taker are doing something they shouldn't do, for many reasons listed above

In addition, in case this hasn't been said, the results are contaminated by having a name on a time that is not theirs

I wouldn't say turn them in, although I would say that volunteers at check-in need to look at photo ID real close; don't they?

Trav, I know someone personally who swapped entries at IMLP about a billion years ago and he received a LIFETIME ban (at least I know he never did another IM after he got caught). He was outted by someone who had it on for him (message board enemies), and it took no more than 2-3 pix to prove he raced under someone else's race number. So I disagree that WTC does not care. This happened eons ago when there were like 3 IM's in the whole of North America.

Kyra, it's cheating. Think of those who entered and ATE the cost of their entry because they got injured or sick, etc and could not start. Out him.

The OG Honeybadger

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

These guys already shave their legs,wear lycra and have taken each others names so I say we just out them and be done with it!

Hang on,what was the topic again?

--

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

Hey! I believe you're crossing the ST line here. Just sayin!

I'll weigh in.

I wouldn't use the word 'cheating' for this instance. Yes-this person broke WTCs rules, but it's an administrative rule that was broken, not a race rule.

I agree with the earlier statements regarding if this person was a FOP/podium/Kona qualifier- as there's much more at stake here and that certainly would be cheating if it resulted in an award earned and by another. But that apparently was not the case here.

I say 'chill'. The entry was paid for (so WTC was fully compensated for providing their services). a racer raced it (presumably with out any other on-course cheating), and nobody was damaged in any way.

But let's say you did turn the person in. What would WTC do about it? What could they? You could show finisher photos and prove that it wasn't the intended athlete- and they could DQ the person who actually raced it. Perhaps deny the original purchaser the right to future entries? But that's about it. If they went after him in any other way, it would do more damage to their brand. At this point- I doubt if they really care. I'm sure they are aware that things like this happen. I'll bet there are a dozen of these in every race.

TravisT wrote:
WTFoxtrot wrote:
Rover24 wrote:
PJC wrote:
I'm not reading the 74 people before me but I don't see it as cheating.

Cutting the course. Getting someone to do the bike for you. getting into someones car during the run is all cheating.

The person covered the entire course. The entry was paid for.

It's not cheating.

It is against WTC rules. But lets face it. They screw others over all the time.

Would I give my entry away if I couldn't race? No
Would I take someone elses entry if they couldn't race? No

Yeah! lets not pay taxes either since the goverment screws everyone over, doesnt make sense!

Um, yeah, let's not pay taxes. Let's see the Gov takes 40% of our paychecks AT THE POINT OF AN AR15 RIFLE (don't believe, stop paying taxes and it won't be long before your home is surrounded by armed thugs) to give it to single moms and drug addicts. Let's see, the people, overwhelmingly men, are getting cuckolded-by-proxy while governments, corporations and banks are waging illegal wars on foreign lands for profit (and sticking us with the bill) and we are worried about some idiot racing with someone else's number?

You do-gooders step up and protest something worthwhile.
End of thread.

Oh you're one of those. Now it makes more sense.

I'm one of "those," I suppose, and while I love nothing more than bitching about the government's inefficiency of spending tax money (or WTC's no transfer policy), I know that rules are rules. If I want to live in the US (race WTC), I pay their taxes (fees), regardless of how I feel about it. I can vote (race Rev3, or others) to try and cause change, but if I want to play their game, I have to play their rules.

----
@adamwfurlong

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:
Hey! I believe you're crossing the ST line here. Just sayin!

----

Not that there is anything wrong with that..

---

I like the ST match-making suggestion: Kyra and TravisT as a couple.

Wouldn't that be sweet?

Big deal. Some guy went and did an event that was paid for.

The purpose of the no transfer rule to to prevent the sale of entries by scalpers.

---

Guys who compete and finish MOP and and have to complain about other guys on the course are pathetic. Had he paid the organizers his entry fee, he still would have beaten those he beat.

TriBeer wrote:

Wouldn't that be sweet?

----

As I am such a dateless loser I will not be a party to finding carnal happiness for anyone else.....

---

TriBeer wrote:

Wouldn't that be sweet?

ahhhh, pretty sure travis is married. but, i will shamelessly admit all the wattie guys are pretty hot!!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

LOL.

We need a happy ending after the thread last week titled, "IM Training after a Breakup." Made me cry a bit!

I really want a happy ending. I NEED a happy ending.

Okay! Kyra and Ultra-tri-guy.

I shave my legs so we could make it work out.