Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

Ok then. Sorry I didnt see that they weren't in the same age group. So now that Im in 45-49, MOP, there might be guys in my age group that are not who the results say they are. Thats wrong and thats not the way WTC has the age groups setup. Therefore it is breaking the rules. WTC should be notified and the athletes should be taken off the results list and maybe even banned for a year from WTC events.

---------------------------------
Hold my Beer and watch this!

I'm not reading the 74 people before me but I don't see it as cheating.

Cutting the course. Getting someone to do the bike for you. getting into someones car during the run is all cheating.

The person covered the entire course. The entry was paid for.

It's not cheating.

It is against WTC rules. But lets face it. They screw others over all the time.

Would I give my entry away if I couldn't race? No
Would I take someone elses entry if they couldn't race? No

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:
Life is too short. She should let it go!

x2

Because of the money grabbing rules of the WTC-people can't do what would be reasonable (like getting credit toward a future race, or better than a $150 refund)

"If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health"
- Hippocrates, 460-370 BC

Plain and simple, it's cheating and it's wrong.

I paid my $600+ realizing that the refund is limited and I can't transfer my bib number. I knew the risks going in.

Do what your conscious tells you, not what people on ST want you to do. Only you can decide.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [PJC] [ In reply to ]

PJC wrote:

Cutting the course. Getting someone to do the bike for you. getting into someones car during the run is all cheating.

It's not cheating.

Yeah! lets not pay taxes either since the goverment screws everyone over, doesnt make sense!

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

How would that bib being wasted with a DNS affect your race? It wouldn't! Mind your own business and don't worry about what they are doing. If they get caught then they pay the penalty, fair enough. That ISN'T cheating, just not wasting a perfectly good paid for bib - nobody is out anything here. Plus, it's not like he is running for a KQ spot.
Last edited by: TNFeDad: Nov 20, 12 13:36

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [LSUfan4444] [ In reply to ]

LSUfan4444 wrote:
I don't care one way or the other, and if I knew and liked both parties, I wouldn't say anything, but I certainly wouldn't fault or look down upon anyone that did.

My question is, I know transferring a bib is easy, but how did they transfer the wristband?

I didn't even think about that. Just looked at all the pics and he has it on. Those are pretty easy to slide on and off, I'm guessing when it was put on the original bib owner he asked to have it loose and then slid it off with a little baby oil.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]

JenSw wrote:
Breaking the rules of the race is cheating.

I don't necessarily agree with this statement.

Cheating is a subset of rule breaking. Cheating gives someone an unfair advantage on the race course.

Breaking the rules may or may not give an unfair advantage. For example, if you leave the course and re-enter ) for whatever reason. But, you did not re-enter at the same place you left. In reality, you went backwards on the course and added more distance/ time. Did you break the rules? Yes. Did you cheat? Nope.

To the OP:
Is this situation 'cheating'? No
Is this situation breaking the rules? Absolutely
Is the rule for not allowing transfers fair? Maybe not, but it is consistent and predictable (which is something we want).

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]

TNFeDad wrote:
How would that bib being wasted with a DNS affect your race? It wouldn't! Mind your own business and don't worry about what they are doing. If they get caught then they pay the penalty, fair enough. That is cheating, just not wasting a perfectly good paid for bib - nobody is out anything here. Plus, it's not like he is running for a KQ spot.

Slow clap for you. Always nice to see how people are able to rationalize cheating and breaking the rules in their mind.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [haole] [ In reply to ]

haole wrote:
BLeP wrote:
KyraMorgan wrote:
PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A LANCE THREAD!!!

haole wrote:
attitude like this allowed lance to win 7 TdF...really poor showing on your part mate

Good work.

now...im counting down for this to happen

So...does invoking the waiting for Godwin's law count as that invocation? Kind of a mobius strip effect?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]

Tri-Banter wrote:
JenSw wrote:
Breaking the rules of the race is cheating.

I don't necessarily agree with this statement.

Cheating is a subset of rule breaking. Cheating gives someone an unfair advantage on the race course.

Breaking the rules may or may not give an unfair advantage. For example, if you leave the course and re-enter ) for whatever reason. But, you did not re-enter at the same place you left. In reality, you went backwards on the course and added more distance/ time. Did you break the rules? Yes. Did you cheat? Nope.

To the OP:
Is this situation 'cheating'? No
Is this situation breaking the rules? Absolutely
Is the rule for not allowing transfers fair? Maybe not, but it is consistent and predictable (which is something we want).

But what if they raced up an AG, that could potentially give them some advantage.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

So...does invoking the waiting for Godwin's law count as that invocation? Kind of a mobius strip effect?

you always sound this cool bro?

WWKMD?

What would Kevin Moats do?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Rover24] [ In reply to ]

Just because this person finished MOP and didn't screw up the podium or KQ slots has some people here able to say they are fine with the situation. Strange value set.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Cuzifit'] [ In reply to ]

I do think some are taking this a bit too seriously. The cheater hunt is on!

Interesting ST observation here: Herbert posted a cool bike video about 20 minutes after this posting. His cool post currently only has 5 hits. This one has over 90. Just an observation here.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TNFeDad] [ In reply to ]

TNFeDad wrote:
How would that bib being wasted with a DNS affect your race? It wouldn't! Mind your own business and don't worry about what they are doing. If they get caught then they pay the penalty, fair enough. That ISN'T cheating, just not wasting a perfectly good paid for bib - nobody is out anything here. Plus, it's not like he is running for a KQ spot.

---

How does doping in the pro ranks affect me?It doesn't but that doesn't mean I won't call a pro doper a fucking loser...A lot of things that are against the rules don't affect me but that doesn't mean I should stand by and let it slide..What does my opinion have to do with you,nothing?Does my opinion affect you no and yet you are doing the same as I am by calling me on it?

--

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:
I do think some are taking this a bit too seriously. The cheater hunt is on!

Interesting ST observation here: Herbert posted a cool bike video about 20 minutes after this posting. His cool post currently only has 5 hits. This one has over 90. Just an observation here.
To be fair, I'm not clicking on any thread while at work with his title. Plus, if the title doens't tell me at least a little but about what is in the thread, I have no interest.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Rover24] [ In reply to ]

Rover24 wrote:
PJC wrote:

It's not cheating.

Yeah! lets not pay taxes either since the goverment screws everyone over, doesnt make sense!

Um, yeah, let's not pay taxes. Let's see the Gov takes 40% of our paychecks AT THE POINT OF AN AR15 RIFLE (don't believe, stop paying taxes and it won't be long before your home is surrounded by armed thugs) to give it to single moms and drug addicts. Let's see, the people, overwhelmingly men, are getting cuckolded-by-proxy while governments, corporations and banks are waging illegal wars on foreign lands for profit (and sticking us with the bill) and we are worried about some idiot racing with someone else's number?

You do-gooders step up and protest something worthwhile.
End of thread.
Last edited by: WTFoxtrot: Nov 20, 12 13:47

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [WTFoxtrot] [ In reply to ]

WTFoxtrot wrote:
Rover24 wrote:
PJC wrote:

It's not cheating.

Um, yeah, let's not pay taxes. Let's see the Gov takes 40% of our paychecks AT THE POINT OF AN AR15 RIFLE (don't believe, stop paying taxes and it won't be long before your home is surrounded by armed thugs) to give it to single moms and drug addicts. Let's see, the people, overwhelmingly men, are getting cuckolded-by-proxy while governments, corporations and banks are waging illegal wars on foreign lands for profit (and sticking us with the bill) and we are worried about some idiot racing with someone else's number?

You do-gooders step up and protest something worthwhile.
End of thread.

Oh you're one of those. Now it makes more sense.