Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]

I think the bigger crime is being a MOP Ironman on race day who suddenly turns into an "I am such a studly biker" athlete in the coffee shop when he gets home after the race...

Out the fucker for being beaten by a bunch of girls..

---

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

Oh he knows. I saw him this weekend. Had breakfast with him on Friday morning. He just sent me a text asking why I hate him so much. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it has nothing to do with hate.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Text him back and explain how you feel. See what he says and share with us. I'm very curious.

KyraMorgan wrote:
Oh he knows. I saw him this weekend. Had breakfast with him on Friday morning. He just sent me a text asking why I hate him so much. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it has nothing to do with hate.

I would out the guy that is selling his bibs because he is trying to take advantage of the IM Legacy program.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

^^This^^

It may or may not be cheating but there is a very valid reason that it is against the rules. If the unofficial racer happened to get hurt during the event, the events insurance would not cover him as he was not an official participant. In the past there has been people that have then sued the race directors beacuse of their injury. This could lead to increased difficulty in races aquiring insurance, therefore higher costs and possibly races being cancelled.

Cheating. The rules are the rules. If people don't like the policies they don't have to enter the event. Period. The rules are clear when you hit that "Register" button.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [haole] [ In reply to ]

haole wrote:
BLeP wrote:
KyraMorgan wrote:
PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A LANCE THREAD!!!

haole wrote:
attitude like this allowed lance to win 7 TdF...really poor showing on your part mate

Good work.

now...im counting down for this to happen

Twitch law? As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving LA approaches 1.

Bringing up He Who Shall Not Be Named ought to result in immediate losing of whatever argument is taking place, and locking of the topic.

I'm looking right now to see how many IM's this guy has done....hold tight.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

KyraMorgan wrote:

To which BLeP replied:
I would out the guy that is selling his bibs because he is trying to take advantage of the IM Legacy program.

And I would echo the "this" comment as well.

To those saying "it's not fair WTC requires signups a year in advance" blah blah blah, well...they do, and the rules expressly prohibit transferring. Yes, it is unfortunate and perhaps "unfair", but they be the rules. Decide in advance to follow them, or don't sign up, period.

Several shades of cheating going on, so yes I agree with the OP that you could define this as such.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [WTFoxtrot] [ In reply to ]

My $0.02 worth. It is cheating because:

• If he hurts himself somehow during the race, he has no insurance coverage for medical bills (even thought secondary) or liability through WTC and USAT because he didn't go through registration and signup. That can be a lifelong sentence.
  • If he hurts himself somehow during the race, his family has no insurance nor recourse to protect themselves against medical bills and liability.
  • If he hurts someone else during the race, his potential victums have no insurance overage for medical bills (even thought secondary) or liability through WTC and USAT because he didn't go through registration and signup. That can be a lifelong sentence for his victum.
  • If he hurts someone else during the race, his potential victums' family have no insurance overage nor recourse to protect themselves against medical bills and liability.
  • If any of those things above happen, WTC and USAT face potential lawsuits, increased costs, and possibly huge settlements
  • And then there's the scenario where someone hurts him......
Yeah, it's cheating. Cheating himself, his family, and all the other triathletes, triathlete families, spectators, and volunteers. And why? To save $600?

They are both cheats. Not only that they sound like douches and I would find some new friends to train with.

I personally think that if I were in your shoes, I'd be considering myself incredibly lucky that the "cheating" example is what bothers me instead of searching for clean water to drink, hoping I don't freeze at night or am killed before morning. On the scale of things to be concerned with in life, your example wouldn't even figure into my mind. AND I don't consider it cheating and really could not care what people do with their sporting lives. All you can control is yourself.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

I think it is cheating, and don't think either guy should get a pass on this.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]

kathy_caribe wrote:
I personally think that if I were in your shoes, I'd be considering myself incredibly lucky that the "cheating" example is what bothers me instead of searching for clean water to drink, hoping I don't freeze at night or am killed before morning. On the scale of things to be concerned with in life, your example wouldn't even figure into my mind. AND I don't consider it cheating and really could not care what people do with their sporting lives. All you can control is yourself.

This is the long winded form of #firstworldproblems

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [saltman] [ In reply to ]

saltman wrote:
They are both cheats. Not only that they sound like douches and I would find some new friends to train with.

I don't train with them......they live in NorCal... I live in SoCal. Yes, both actions are questionable which I should have made clear in my original post.

I'm not too sure if the two involved are even really friends, this transaction was facilitated by their tri club president and she should have known better. She also raced this weekend.

guilty as charged. :) Somewhat raw to me today as I have 2 kids violently ill from tainted water.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

Mike C wrote:
To those saying "it's not fair WTC requires signups a year in advance" blah blah blah, well...they do..........

In all actuality, WTC does not require you to sign up a year in advance. It is the law of supply and demand that requires you to sign up a year in advance (for some races).

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

Yes, I'm rolling my eyeballs right about now.

Breaking the rules of the race is cheating. They broke the rules as stated by the race organizer. Ask an RD of a race and they will tell you it is a DQ.

As to what to do about it? Notify the race director and then let it go. People may see that is just the massive monster that is WTC but small races have the same issues and the liability problems could get ugly. If they had the wrong name on the bib there could be medical implications. Yadda yadda.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Nov 20, 12 12:28

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

While I think it would be nice to be able to transfer registrations... with races selling out in 40 seconds this would create a black market in an instance.

If the WTC allowed transfers people would volunteer just to get the registration, then sell it for 2 or 3 or .... times the money.

Most likely the closer to the race the more expenisve the registration would become, so someone who got a mechanical DNF at IMFL might pay out the nose to race IMAZ.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]

kathy_caribe wrote:

I got a water filter in my ruck.

ECWCS - good for an arctic expedition

I got guns.

So no, those things you mentioned don't figure in my mind. :p

But I get your drift. People in the western world complain about trivial things. The whiners should be drafted into Peace Corp and sent to xxxxstan to help remote villages. That will open their eyes.

But! I don't think that's the case here though. We are discussing a sporting event where cheating is not merely frowned upon but outright banned. We can't have cheating, and it is a legit issue to gripe about.

KyraMorgan wrote:
saltman wrote:

I don't train with them......they live in NorCal... I live in SoCal. Yes, both actions are questionable which I should have made clear in my original post.

I'm not too sure if the two involved are even really friends, this transaction was facilitated by their tri club president and she should have known better. She also raced this weekend.

----

Ah,so this is really a turf war...Well then get your shivs out and get to it..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGJsv6ZNlo

---

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

japarker24 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

To those saying "it's not fair WTC requires signups a year in advance" blah blah blah, well...they do..........

In all actuality, WTC does not require you to sign up a year in advance. It is the law of supply and demand that requires you to sign up a year in advance (for some races).

Bingo. If you don't want to sign up a year in advance, don't do IM AZ or FL!!! Go do IM Coeur d'Alene (screw whoever named that town... I need to look up the spelling every damn time!) or Rev 3 Full, or any number of A-type races that usually don't sell out.

Re: IMAZ "Cheating"...? [LostNTransition] [ In reply to ]

While I think it would be nice to be able to transfer registrations... with races selling out in 40 seconds this would create a black market in an instance.

There could be a way to circumvent that process, in other words, WTC could create and sanction their own transfer process, and then and only then would a transfer be authorized. Black market now nonexistent.

Prev Next