Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
It's easy to talk a lot about something but the real proof is when you back that up with actions. I'm interested to see if Richie is still racing after all he's said today. If he races he's still supporting an event and sponsor that apparently diverges with what he believes in. Money talks though.

He says he's racing. Who knows if he has sponsor commitments to race their gear at X number of races. Plus, he's already committed, i dont know if dropping out affects entry to future rev 3 races as a pro either. Plus this race counts towards the Rev3 championship which he's currently leading. a lot of money for a pro. The fact that he's a Rev3 athlete and he still feels comfortable speaking out about this says a lot to me.

As for me, one of the folks who donated said "I dont care where you finish, just finish, and be the cleanest racer there. That's the way to do the right thing.". Of course he knows me, and as of 2 weeks before a race I wont take anything beyond Aleve to make sure I dont have anything even accidentally in my system. I dont know if I feel 100% ok with his take, but it isnt just my money involved here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
TravisT wrote:
It's easy to talk a lot about something but the real proof is when you back that up with actions. I'm interested to see if Richie is still racing after all he's said today. If he races he's still supporting an event and sponsor that apparently diverges with what he believes in. Money talks though.

He says he's racing. Who knows if he has sponsor commitments to race their gear at X number of races. Plus, he's already committed, i dont know if dropping out affects entry to future rev 3 races as a pro either. Plus this race counts towards the Rev3 championship which he's currently leading. a lot of money for a pro. The fact that he's a Rev3 athlete and he still feels comfortable speaking out about this says a lot to me.

As for me, one of the folks who donated said "I dont care where you finish, just finish, and be the cleanest racer there. That's the way to do the right thing.". Of course he knows me, and as of 2 weeks before a race I wont take anything beyond Aleve to make sure I dont have anything even accidentally in my system. I dont know if I feel 100% ok with his take, but it isnt just my money involved here.

Money talks over anything else.

Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
Toronto wrote:
I'm not Tyler Hamilton (I'm a guy from Toronto). If you've followed the Armstrong story as long and as closely as I have (it was part of my work for quite a while) you come to realize that it seems to be Lance against everyone. So is everyone lying or is it just Lance? I've even cycled with people who were some of Livestrong's top fundraisers until they had personal contact with Lance. After that, they decided to fundraise for another cyclist-led charity (not Tyler's) because they didn't like Lance as a person. But you go on thinking that Lance is a good clean guy if it makes you feel better.

Never said he was clean, that argument is so tired. I just don't think the book is worth reading, based on whose perspective it came from. That is just an opinion, don't get riled up. I admit it got decent reviews, but being well written could mean it's good fiction as well (with facts thrown in there).
As far as if he's a good guy or not, Im not going to read a book about someone who despises someone else to form an opinion. And an anonymous person on an internet forum (ok, from Toronto) who says every fundraiser that has had personal contact with him dropped him, should probably provide more evidence/facts before I take it as truth. All I know is that in my only run in with him, in 2009, he could have been a complete dick but he answered my question politely.

Coyle researched everything. read the book. theres tons of corroboration from other riders and people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not talking about the drug part, im talking about him "being a dick". You could get a bunch of people to say he was, and a bunch of riders who will say he wasn't. There are still riders that speak out in support of him, so if he was such a dick why would they continue to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because they are still racing, and Lance can still break their careers if he wants to.

Did you hear his 'great pal' George H. coming over to talk about what a great guy Lance is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
Not talking about the drug part, im talking about him "being a dick". You could get a bunch of people to say he was, and a bunch of riders who will say he wasn't. There are still riders that speak out in support of him, so if he was such a dick why would they continue to do so.

Name 3.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
CP78 wrote:

Name 3.

Sadly thats all too easy, because they sound like theyre speaking out in support of lance but what theyre really saying is theyre tired of hearing about doping when a lot of them are doing whatever they can to clean things up and want the focus returned to now. Read Talansky's reponses lately on lance, that got deleted when his DS talked to him. A lot of them dont want their careers ruined, while others like Wiggins, are just idiots when speaking to the press. Ok, wiggins is an idiot in general, but it doesnt mean hes not a talented bike race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
CP78 wrote:

Name 3.

In support of him? Johan Bruyneel , ex dopers like Cantador have, and how bout Eddie Merckx. His opinion should mean something
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...support-of-armstrong

As far as him being a dick or not thats a bunch of personal opinions and I have no idea, and neither do you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go Lance!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
pick6 wrote:
TravisT wrote:

Money talks over anything else.

Most often, that's true. But it's also a point that's easy to make when it's not your money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
CP78 wrote:

Name 3.

In support of him? Johan Bruyneel , ex dopers like Cantador have, and how bout Eddie Merckx. His opinion should mean something

As far as him being a dick or not thats a bunch of personal opinions and I have no idea, and neither do you

Wait, so Eddie Merckx who he himself has been busted for doping 3 times, yeah of course he supports him, he helped develop him.

As for being a dick, plenty of people who count or counted him as a friend say hes a dick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsqS-mY3jI
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTFU

He's an elite athlete, who just finished competing in a long grueling bike race and was being hounded by those people.

There was nothing wrong with his actions. The guy is human. Dam you expect a lot!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it difficult typing that with one hand while you watched the youtube clip?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pick6, amazing how much hate, and how much time you spend hating Lance Armstrong. You may be more scary than the diehard Lance lovers!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
CP78 wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
CP78 wrote:

Name 3.

Wait, so Eddie Merckx who he himself has been busted for doping 3 times, yeah of course he supports him, he helped develop him.

Not to mention Merckx's son is employed by Lance
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe NO ONE has mentioned the best part of this whole thing! My USAT membership expires next weekend and now I don't have to renew it until April!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [msubullie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msubullie wrote:
Pick6, amazing how much hate, and how much time you spend hating Lance Armstrong. You may be more scary than the diehard Lance lovers!!

I dont hate. I dislike. And really other than some discussion time (that could be wasted on my seat position or something else equally useless) spent discussing the soul and integrity of the sport, and what it means that race organizers are willing to ignore bans on athletes found to be doping. Does it look like I only talk about Lance? Show many any other convicted doper currently serving a ban who is attempting to race, and I'll talk about him too. I have in fact, but that doesnt matter. See it as what you want. If Lance werent actively participating in our sport I wouldnt say word 1 about him.
Last edited by: pick6: Sep 19, 12 16:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats funny. He hasn't raced a triathlon since what June? How many threads talking about him have you been on since his ban? Not just participating in that thread, but probably having the most post in that thread or close to the most. Just pointing it out. You are like JRenfro's anti-matter!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [msubullie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
msubullie wrote:
Thats funny. He hasn't raced a triathlon since what June? How many threads talking about him have you been on since his ban? Not just participating in that thread, but probably having the most post in that thread or close to the most. Just pointing it out. You are like JRenfro's anti-matter!

And this matters because . . .
Quote Reply

Prev Next