Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
I can't see the event refusing donations even if you decide not to show up.

Of course they won't nor would I want them to. The charity is a good decision, and those loosely affiliated with Livestrong, ive checked thoroughly to confirm Lance didnt benefit financially from their donations (in fact he was single biggest donor 2 years ago).
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who signed up because of "the cause" young cancer survivors, to pull out means you don't care about them very much. And your selfish side has gotten in the way just because Lance wants to race, he isn't competing for a win, is donating to "the cause" and will generally bring an upside to the event whether you like it or not. Unless you think the guy is just nothing more than a junkie and couldn't possibly be racing clean well can't help you there. Just go line up, race to the best of your abilities enjoy the day and you'll have something to talk about when it is over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regardless of whether or not you believe Armstrong cheated, doped, whatever....the man has achieved great things. I guarantee, even those that dismiss Armstrong as a cheat...still have in some way been inspired by his races, epic moments, and other achievements. Love him or hate him, cheat or not...Armstrong was good for the sports we all love. This forum is made up of many who picked up a road bike for the first time because they caught a glimpse of Lance on Sportscenter, watched for countless hours on versus or OLN, or their Sunday newspaper and thaught to themselves...wow this is either a great sport..looks like fun...or that simply riding on a long country road or up and over a mountain pass takes you to a place that few others get to experience.

Its sad that we seem to be moving into a period of time when fact no longer exists...a single person's opinion can now eradicate a lifetime of achievement. We see it in politics, we saw it at Penn State, and we see a variety of it here in this case. Direct evidence, fact, substantial findings, etc...the things that make up reality....are now secondary to personal belief, superstition, vendetta or the like.....

Yes, we swim, bike, run, exercise...because we like it, it makes us feel good.....but deep down there is a competitive fire that burns in all of us....its why you train harder when you have an event on the calendar......its why you toe the line......Many of us took that first step because of Athletes and heros like Lance Armstrong.

I can't wait to hopefully meet him, shake his hand, and give it a good race.

Dr. MJP
3rd Dental Bt
Okinawa, Japan

"Embrace the Suck"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were you I wouldn't drop the race but since I haven't yet raced a Rev3 race, I'm seriously considering not ever racing one.

I think my personal vote will be with my wallet and my ability to influence (however small) on social media. I will only do races like Ironman, Gran Fondo NY, USAT, etc.

That being said WTC has a long way to go, I am really hoping for stricter AG testing for Kona slot winners.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [tritbay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritbay wrote:
For those who signed up because of "the cause" young cancer survivors, to pull out means you don't care about them very much. And your selfish side has gotten in the way just because Lance wants to race, he isn't competing for a win, is donating to "the cause" and will generally bring an upside to the event whether you like it or not. Unless you think the guy is just nothing more than a junkie and couldn't possibly be racing clean well can't help you there. Just go line up, race to the best of your abilities enjoy the day and you'll have something to talk about when it is over.

I donated all year, actually the past few years. I have friends who chose this cancer charity to support me in specifically because it had similar goals to livestrong but it didnt benefit Lance. I care about people who have, and had cancer (including the family member I raise money in honor of). But I also beliee in clean sport, and that sports should have rules for a reason, and that doping is both against the rules of our sport, a bad thing to teach our kids has no consequences, and is dangerous to health.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Prie0065] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its sad that we seem to be moving into a period of time when fact no longer exists...a single person's opinion can now eradicate a lifetime of achievement. We see it in politics, we saw it at Penn State, and we see a variety of it here in this case. Direct evidence, fact, substantial findings, etc...the things that make up reality....are now secondary to personal belief, superstition, vendetta or the like.....

Huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
If I were you I wouldn't drop the race but since I haven't yet raced a Rev3 race, I'm seriously considering not ever racing one.

I think my personal vote will be with my wallet and my ability to influence (however small) on social media. I will only do races like Ironman, Gran Fondo NY, USAT, etc.

That being said WTC has a long way to go, I am really hoping for stricter AG testing for Kona slot winners.

It doesn't do much good to keep it to your self or social media. You should probably contact Rev3 and let them know too -- just a brief e-mail saying what you just said.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EPO is know to increase the metastasizing of choriocarcinoma...just saying.
And the use of beta HCG is the only reason to ignore elevated beta HCG in a man...otherwise you'd be
shit scared that either you have testicular cancer, or you're pregnant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to comment, but all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
And the use of beta HCG is the only reason to ignore elevated beta HCG in a man...otherwise you'd be

Are you saying Lance may have been pregnant??

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prie0065 wrote:
Regardless of whether or not you believe Armstrong cheated, doped, whatever....the man has achieved great things. I guarantee, even those that dismiss Armstrong as a cheat...still have in some way been inspired by his races, epic moments, and other achievements. Love him or hate him, cheat or not...Armstrong was good for the sports we all love. This forum is made up of many who picked up a road bike for the first time because they caught a glimpse of Lance on Sportscenter, watched for countless hours on versus or OLN, or their Sunday newspaper and thaught to themselves...wow this is either a great sport..looks like fun...or that simply riding on a long country road or up and over a mountain pass takes you to a place that few others get to experience.

Yes, we swim, bike, run, exercise...because we like it, it makes us feel good.....but deep down there is a competitive fire that burns in all of us....its why you train harder when you have an event on the calendar......its why you toe the line......Many of us took that first step because of Athletes and heros like Lance Armstrong.

I can't wait to hopefully meet him, shake his hand, and give it a good race.

I did my first triathlon well before I'd ever heard of Lance Armstrong, so he didn't inspire me to pick up my bike. I did enjoy watching his TdF victories on OLN, but I did so honestly believing at the time that he was clean. I trusted the drug-tests were hard to beat and that a guy who had recovered from cancer wouldn't be stupid enough to dope. My bad.

So insofar as he was ever my hero (way too strong a word), he has certainly fallen now. As a fund-raiser for cancer causes, maybe he can still be a hero, but not as an elite athlete (and I don't single him out here, any dope cheats are included).

As for your reference to Penn State, that's just silly. Joe P guy covered up a heinous crime against a child. Are you saying this is not true but rather a single person's opinion? If Joe P still inspires you, what can I say...

And you really believe that LA is innocent and it's just one person's opinion that has led to a lifetime ban? Sheesh.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
From what I understand, however, it looks like the race was originally organized and advertised as a USAT sanctioned race, where convicted dopers would not be allowed. I think the organizer has an obligation to fully refund entry fees of anyone that now asks for one on account of this move.

Not gonna happen. Races advertise stuff all the time then change at the last minute. For all intents and puposes the event is still the event you signed up for.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Fair enough, but until the rest of the pro peleton from that period starts coming down with cancer making the statement that PED's were the cause of LA's cancer is an ignorant statement that makes anyone who says it just look like someone grasping at any reason to trash LA. Which plenty of people will still do.