Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I coach in the MACTC conference (NC State), and I've just been informed that USAT/no USAT sanctioning wont affect the conference championship standings. It was ok'd by the right people so that the collegiate racing wont be affected in terms of qualifying.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was one race. Get over it!
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bogusdogs wrote:
This will be very interesting for sure. Some excitement again since USADA has had nothing to offer lately.

In regards to the Lance haters, for whatever you 'hate' him for, who are outspoken on this forum, I wonder if you were to line up with him, and were to be standing next to him, if you would say any of the things you have said on this forum to his face....literally...to his face. Not shouting from a crowd at the swim start, but to his face...one on one. Just wondering. Especially if he were to look at you and say, "Have a great race."

The challenge isnt saying it to his face, the challenge is saying it to the face of a confrontational guy like Lance without ruining anyone elses day. If I wind up racing, and I wind up speaking with him, would be to say "thanks for helping the charity and for the sake of yourself and the sport, I hope you're doing this race clean".
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [thatsethguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatsethguy wrote:
Hee Hee. I love that he's still racing and it's sooo pissing all the Lance-haters off. This is so fun to watch.

----

I predict that hissy fits and tantrums will reach epidemic proportions very soon.

---
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TravisT wrote:
I'm not debating whether Lance doped at all. It is a dumbass statement to assume that his cancer was caused by it as you infered in the above statement though.

No really, even his doping expert doctor was afraid his cancer was caused by years of doping. his blood was literally a cocktail of drugs being taken for off label purposes. To say its not a distinct possibility is to be naive. Further, he's never shared any major family history of the cancer he had.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that mean there is no pro field anymore at Rev3 MD?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that part of the race isn't USAT sanctioned? Maybe like an elite amatuer wave?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
his blood was literally a cocktail of drugs being taken for off label purposes.

Either you dont understand physiology, or you dont know what literally means.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's comical how much the fact that LA is crashing your race is upsetting you and leaving you to grasp at any last damaging insinuation you can throw out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
Bogusdogs wrote:
This will be very interesting for sure. Some excitement again since USADA has had nothing to offer lately.

In regards to the Lance haters, for whatever you 'hate' him for, who are outspoken on this forum, I wonder if you were to line up with him, and were to be standing next to him, if you would say any of the things you have said on this forum to his face....literally...to his face. Not shouting from a crowd at the swim start, but to his face...one on one. Just wondering. Especially if he were to look at you and say, "Have a great race."

The challenge isnt saying it to his face, the challenge is saying it to the face of a confrontational guy like Lance without ruining anyone elses day. If I wind up racing, and I wind up speaking with him, would be to say "thanks for helping the charity and for the sake of yourself and the sport, I hope you're doing this race clean".

That would be bold...but reasonable. But I wonder if you would actually be able to. I am not saying that I don't think you would, but just hypothesizing all the thoughts that would be going through your head and standing right there...next to Lance Armstrong...regardless of what you think of him. Total hypothetical of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
I coach in the MACTC conference (NC State), and I've just been informed that USAT/no USAT sanctioning wont affect the conference championship standings. It was ok'd by the right people so that the collegiate racing wont be affected in terms of qualifying.

Good for the racers, I don't know how college racing is organized. Are regionals qualifiers for nationals and are nationals a USAT race?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Disgusting.

That.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Does that mean there is no pro field anymore at Rev3 MD?

That seems like its up to the individual racers if they want to participate. I'd be shocked if USAT suspended the Pros for racing LA in an unsanctioned race.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure there is such a rule in place with USAT (there is with USA Cycling I believe).
Quote Reply
Re: Lance to race Rev3 HalfFull tri in Maryland?? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The conferences/regions are broken down by usat. That is what allows teams to qualify for nationals which is the "usat collegiate nationals". But how each conference allocates its national spots does get some leeway by usat.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
Timtek wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:
My question is....how can he with the lifetime ban?

Hmmm. I thought since WTC and Rev3 are both sanctioned by USAT that Lance would not be racing either.

Personally, I'm glad he's competing though.

This race is being organized under Rev3's team but not run officially as a rev 3 race. The race director isnt charlie, it's a member of the UCF staff, so they chose to go with another provider for Lance to race. This was hinted at a few weeks ago, but I personally hoped it wasn't true.

Doesn't look like they are distancing to hard.

Team Rev3 Triathlon shared a link.
17 minutes ago
Looks like we'll have some good company racing with us at the Half Full Triathlon.

Twitter / lancearmstrong: Can't wait to race w/ fellow ...
twitter.com