Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [vix] [ In reply to ]

vix wrote:
to depressed, as far as the bracelets that you ridiculed and the oxygen products, maybe you should do some research on them because they work, better yet why don't you try them when you get sick instead of taking a pill you might be surprised.

well controlled research is what shows its total crap. any other nonsense to pedal?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [link5485] [ In reply to ]

link5485 wrote:
You know what works? The placebo effect. Unless you have some double blind studies showing that garbage is better than placebo you've got nothing. There really is a sucker born every minute it seems.

x2.

Of course the bracelet salesmen aren't held to any level of evidence whatsoever beyond some cheaply designed web pages.

Last edited by: DrPete: Aug 16, 12 16:09

Post deleted by Indigodog [ In reply to ]
Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]

It's only saline when it "reverts" to that state. Didn't you read the post?

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [Indigodog] [ In reply to ]

You clearly don't understand the nuances of redox signaling and how it made those cyclists perform.... exactly the same as those other cyclists.

Last edited by: DrPete: Aug 16, 12 20:05

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

This gem was worth wading through all the crap.. nice one!

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [DrPete] [ In reply to ]

I get it now. The effect is in the nuance! Will it still work for me even though I'm not very subtle?

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [Indigodog] [ In reply to ]

You don't need to be subtle yourself, but you need to be able to appreciate the nuanced subtlety of your changing biomarkers.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [mgalanter] [ In reply to ]

In the early development of the ASEA business, the founders were actually approached by a big pharma company and made a very large offer, but had to "back away" from any participation in the development and/or marketing.
It was felt that for this reason that the motivation was to shelve the product so it didn't reach the market at all. The offer was declined and it was felt that the direct market approach via networking would best suit getting the product to the grass roots of
the marketplace. The product is very well known and highly regarded in the pharma business.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [sealover] [ In reply to ]

Not sure why there's mistrust with MLM, myself. It's not as if a traditional retailing model can claim any sort of moral high ground, is it ?
The nice thing about the networked model is that it decentralizes the power of supply chains away from the tradition
of corporate dominance & control by allowing for supply chain integration by the individual. It levels the field.
If you believe that corporations should have more priviledge and power than people, then keep doing what you're doing while I keep praying for your recovery.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [therooster] [ In reply to ]

Reading this thread always puts a smile on my face. There is something oddly entertaining and almost satisfying about the seemingly endless human capacity to spew complete and utter bullshit.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [vix] [ In reply to ]

If oxygen radicals are so good why is ozone so bad? I mean, it should be curing asthma instead of causing it.

How cute, a cock spewing shit.

therooster wrote:
In the early development of the ASEA business, the founders were actually approached by a big pharma company and made a very large offer, but had to "back away" from any participation in the development and/or marketing.
It was felt that for this reason that the motivation was to shelve the product so it didn't reach the market at all. The offer was declined and it was felt that the direct market approach via networking would best suit getting the product to the grass roots of
the marketplace. The product is very well known and highly regarded in the pharma business.

And so far it looks like the "big pharma" company made the right call, since the one abstract you've published showed no measurable benefit.

Dr. Pete ...

I may not have been clear . It was the phama company that made the offer. On the basis that there was a fear that the product would never see the light of day, that offer from the pharma company was declined and ASEA moved toward the model
they now operate with. The call was ASEA's to make.

I'm amazed at my own personal experience with ASEA. I won't go into it because I suspect that you may be looking for a microscope to jump off the lab table , run around the room and proclaim how good it feels. Not going to happen.

That 's absolutely hilarious!

therooster wrote:
Dr. Pete ...

I may not have been clear . It was the phama company that made the offer. On the basis that there was a fear that the product would never see the light of day, that offer from the pharma company was declined and ASEA moved toward the model
they now operate with. The call was ASEA's to make.

I'm amazed at my own personal experience with ASEA. I won't go into it because I suspect that you may be looking for a microscope to jump off the lab table , run around the room and proclaim how good it feels. Not going to happen.

If I used personal experience alone as a basis for changing my practice, I'd have my license revoked. I have that burden of evidence. ASEA clearly does not, so anecdotes and poorly-done studies may suffice.

As for how big pharma operates, it's not uncommon to buy other ideas and table them if they don't pan out. That is hardly evidence of a big pharma conspiracy, though the folks at ASEA are more than happy to pass off there self-deluded conjectures as fact. In reality, they probably decided it was worth the gamble to see if people would buy $30 salt water instead of taking a lump sum from someone who would buy the idea. I'm thinking they should've taken the money and run.

Quote:
If I used personal experience alone as a basis for changing my practice, I'd have my license revoked

hey i drank a cherry coke zero and then got laid. are you gonna sit here and tell me that cherry coke zeros dont cause me to get laid? you must be in the pocket of big pepsi!

And why would they want to keep from the market as opposed to buying ASEA out and selling it themselves? There's no reason to hide such an "advancement" and every reason to get the rights to it and sell it.

link5485 wrote:
And why would they want to keep from the market as opposed to buying ASEA out and selling it themselves? There's no reason to hide such an "advancement" and every reason to get the rights to it and sell it.

because who would sell such a revolutionary cure all. it would put big pharma out of business! duh

Ingredients of ASEA: Sodium Chloride & Distilled Water.

They are correct, this has "Redox Signaling Molecules". But so does Sulfuric Acid.

Distilled water is an active absorber and will readily absorb CO2 making the end result a free radical (H+) laden concoction called Carbonic Acid. Consuming an acid causes your body to buffer the acid by releasing cell produced antioxidants. The net of antioxidants in your system essentially becomes depleted in buffering the Carbonic Acid (this would be like breathing into a paper bag trying to create respiratory acidosis).

You are better off eating broccoli, spinach or blueberries (my favorite) so that you have a positive net gain of antioxidants in your system.

Swim, bike and run away from ASEA. (Favorite antioxidant blend --- Pomegranate juice, spinach, blueberries, ice, banana, whey protein --- blend.)

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [peanut8481] [ In reply to ]

Protons aren't free radicals. Just saying.

Redox = Oxidation reduction reaction -- The simplest example of this reaction is breathing. "Redox signaling molecule" is legal phrasing to misguide the buyer into thinking the molecule is some secret substance. Well, its not.

Distilled water (ASEA's primary ingredient) is an active absorber -- it will become acidic when exposed to air. At that point, yes, carbonic acid (as CO2 in your blood during respiration) is a "Redox Signaling Molecule" as is any other acid. It is fact that A) Carbonic acid is a molecule that will signal the production of antioxidants and B) your cells will produce antioxidants to buffer it -- so their claims are true. What they have left out is that it will also cause a net loss of antioxidants in the body.

Eat blueberries instead.

Source: High School Biology, High School Chemistry, Making Lemonade.

Re: ASEA water? Anyone using this? Reviews? [peanut8481] [ In reply to ]

peanut8481 wrote:
Redox = Oxidation reduction reaction -- The simplest example of this reaction is breathing. "Redox signaling molecule" is legal phrasing to misguide the buyer into thinking the molecule is some secret substance. Well, its not.

Distilled water (ASEA's primary ingredient) is an active absorber -- it will become acidic when exposed to air. At that point, yes, carbonic acid (as CO2 in your blood during respiration) is a "Redox Signaling Molecule" as is any other acid. It is fact that A) Carbonic acid is a molecule that will signal the production of antioxidants and B) your cells will produce antioxidants to buffer it -- so their claims are true. What they have left out is that it will also cause a net loss of antioxidants in the body.

Eat blueberries instead.

Source: High School Biology, High School Chemistry, Making Lemonade.

But blueberries are high in anti-oxidants, so the oxidation/anti-oxidation annihilation reaction will create a Hiroshima-like event in your intestines.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you must be allergic to blueberries.

:-D

ASEA is simply distilled water and sodium chloride. It says so on the ASEA website.
http://www.redoxbalancing.com/...ce/asea-ingredients/

The marketing strategy is to convince you that they've mixed and rearranged water and salt in new and different ways to keep it stable... I never thought that salt water was unstable. Well, at least they've managed to get the water to smell like chlorine. Look, I have no problem with someone trying to make a living, but distilled salt water is dangerous to consume. It leaches out calcium, potassium and other trace elements from your body. Also, if it has escaped anyone, drinking Chlorinated salt water is NOT a good thing. If its not enough that your mother told you not to drink pool or salt water, there is also a negative correlation between drinking distilled water and cardiovascular disease. Too many sources to mention. Just google it.

Have a nice day!
Last edited by: peanut8481: Aug 29, 12 9:45

Prev Next