Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Cheating [Jackb] [ In reply to ]

it's nola 70.3 and from the comments to the pic it sounds like she's calling him a 'cheater' because they had a bet about a 70.3 race, but NOLA last year wasn't a 70.3 race. No swim. Which if you look at the splits posted from the other race, she's a much better swimmer than he is.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in this part of the case.

From the Cervelo bankrupt thread, I thought that you were a bit of a jackass. You have more than made up for that 1 billion times over. Well done detective!

Jackb wrote:
I will make it easy

Gee both of them have changed the settings on their facebook pages so now we can't seem them. Good thing for the screen shot. quoted here just in case

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.

Re: Ironman Cheating [zoom] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
From the Cervelo bankrupt thread, I thought that you were a bit of a jackass. You have more than made up for that 1 billion times over. Well done detective!

I had a bit 2 much eggnog and was having fun trolling on that thread. But cheating makes me angry (cause there is really no point for AG to cheat) so that is why I put in the extra effort here

The Internet never forgets! (and screen shots are cool)

Re: Ironman Cheating [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]

what was that, like 4hrs tops? LOL

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS

Re: Ironman Cheating [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]

I'd DQ her as well, for no reason other than collaborating with a total d'bag. This pic would seem to indicate pacing too.

Last edited by: p2k2001: Dec 31, 11 6:56

Re: Ironman Cheating [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]

Clearly, they have access to this thread if they both changed their FB pages... Id love to get their perspective.

Re: Ironman Cheating [Kings] [ In reply to ]

the lovely couple
http://www.facebook.com/...p;type=3&theater

His Fb profile is down but not hers. This is hers

http://www.facebook.com/leigh.a.drye?sk=wall

Re: Ironman Cheating [Kings] [ In reply to ]

I can still see her FB page. His was never visible publicly.

Re: Ironman Cheating [jmim2006] [ In reply to ]

jmim2006 wrote:
Note to self...

DO NOT do anything stupid to get sandbagged on ST!!

Understatement of the year! There are some scary...um type As on this website.

Still, highly entertaining though!

Re: Ironman Cheating [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

devashish_paul wrote:
Bottom line is there is no private life anymore.

What anyone one does is essentially public domain, regardless of what privacy settings are set on what social networking website.

Yes the OP should capture the thread now before all the FB settings get changed and the data to prove the identity theft is not as readily available.

And people think I'm crazy because I don't have a FB account. Never had myspace either. And I'm def. not going to "Link In" with anyone.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

SpicedRum wrote:

16 Ken Legeai 143 53 M 33 45:48.9 45:48 29 3:07.9 13 2:09:34.6 18.5 15 1:29.2 14 1:32:05.6 9:13 4:32:06.2

17 Leigh Drye 136 41 F 25 35:37.9 35:37 14 1:35.9 12 2:09:23.6 18.5 8 1:00.7 21 1:45:49.4 10:35 4:33:27.5

I can't figure that out. Swim times way off. Bike times very similar (but they'd be on the bike at different times based on their swim splits). Then run times significantly different, but they finish close to each other.

edit: sorry for the format... It didn't just cut and paste like I hoped.

I'm assuming they were in different waves.. it's just weird.

Well, one scenario is that he sandbagged the swim to come out of the water with/near her, so they could work together on the bike. And possibly pace off of each other for part of the run, but maybe she tanked?
Just one possibility for the time discrepancies.

At any rate....a) what a d-bag for cheating and making a fake id. and b) what a weenie she is for having to have someone pace her on her races. Race your own race!

Re: Ironman Cheating [bt] [ In reply to ]

it's possible. But if he started about 10 minutes before her and then waited for her so they could ride together, then ran the run 10-15 minutes faster than her they wouldn't have crossed the line together, which I'm guessing they didn't because it was probably a wave swim. If they crossed the line together, then they had to start at the same time and then they couldn't have ridden together.

If you really think about it (which I'm trying not to but am for some reason), the splits and how close they finished to each other are probably a coincidence. This might be guessing a lot, but from the facebook pics/post/comments I'm guessing they end up close to each other in races even when they don't start together so there's a bit of a competition between the two even though they don't start together.

Okay. I'm done with this thread. It's been enough of a time suck. But it's amazing the things that get outed on ST. Finman, newbz, the dude at Kona this year, this guy/gal. i'm sure there are more. Maybe someone can compile a list. Would be a good story...where are they now!

Dude, how can you ignore that he was right behind her at the finish at IM Coz and the OP stated that his/her entry was used despite not being there and that couple just happened to be in the same tri community and they knew the OP was not going to race.

Even the WTC knew there was something up and pulled the results and contacted the OP to let them know.

WTC should issue a lifetime ban. Not sure if USAT can do the same (but they should)

Jackb wrote:

WTC should issue a lifetime ban. Not sure if USAT can do the same (but they should)

WTC should definitely penalize that couple for what was done. USAT would have no dog in this fight since the race was in Mexico.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One

Chick! I was talking about the race where the splits were posted. There's no way to really think they crossed the line together or worked together at that race. The splits just don't add up.

I also doubt the results were pulled. I'm guessing the results weren't online because he didn't wear a chip (can't see one in any of the pictures), but somehow the manual count of people or what ever didn't match up. Or the OP is bullshitting (and IM Coz knows nothing about this) and someone saw his pics etc, told the OP... and is (rightfully so) upset that he used his name etc. That's my guess.

Re: Ironman Cheating [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]

That whole race was so full of "anomalies", this is just icing on the cake. It's a beautiful place, but it was not like racing at any of the other Ironman/WTC events I've done! That was my AG and there was a person with no splits who came into the results listing late and now this. The placing positions have changed once already, oddly enough.

Re: Ironman Cheating [weimarunner] [ In reply to ]

Oh and I thought New Years Eve was going to be boring this year....

Re: Ironman Cheating [triaim] [ In reply to ]

triaim wrote:
I registered for Ironman Cozumel, but was unable to go. Someone in our tri community found out that I would not be racing. In order for her boyfriend to be on the course pacing her throughout the race, they made a fake driver's license with my name and date of birth on it and were able to pick up my race packet. I had no knowledge of this until Ironman contacted me about my race results. Apparently, they had manual results as well, and since he crossed the finish line with her (receiving a finishers medal and t-shirt) a finish time was recorded. When the folks at Ironman reviewed the results (11:10 finish time was in the top of my age group), the found that it was not me in the pictures. He was all over the course, posing and waving to the camera. I've since learned that she has him on the course at every race she does.

My hope is that they used this ID only to race. I am worried that if they got away with this, they did something else in my name while in Mexico. Anyone have advice for what my next move will be?

Call the cops. Faking as you w/o your permission is not right.

http://www.jt10000.com/

triaim wrote:
I registered for Ironman Cozumel, but was unable to go. Someone in our tri community found out that I would not be racing. In order for her boyfriend to be on the course pacing her throughout the race, they made a fake driver's license with my name and date of birth on it and were able to pick up my race packet. I had no knowledge of this until Ironman contacted me about my race results. Apparently, they had manual results as well, and since he crossed the finish line with her (receiving a finishers medal and t-shirt) a finish time was recorded. When the folks at Ironman reviewed the results (11:10 finish time was in the top of my age group), the found that it was not me in the pictures. He was all over the course, posing and waving to the camera. I've since learned that she has him on the course at every race she does.

My hope is that they used this ID only to race. I am worried that if they got away with this, they did something else in my name while in Mexico. Anyone have advice for what my next move will be?

----

So buddy you bitch and whine in your first post on your first day here on ST about what many consider to be a serious breach of all kinds of laws/ethics/traditions and all that crap and after four pages of replies you haven't made a single comment.To me that sucks,not because I think badly of you but because I want to know how much truth is in the telling and what the fuck is going to happen becasue of it.

Seriously,I so want to out this (alleged) cheating fucker and have him(if he did the deed) banned from so many triathlons it isn't funny.I will not however because there has been no updates on your part.Seriously dude,let us know what is going on because if ever there was a case for an ST lynching this is it..If this guy did what he did and is girlfriend went along with it then a lifetime ban from all M-Dots is what I will be pushing for.. God help them if they ever step up to any of the Ultra-tris on the planet as I will be there to make sure they are shamed out of participation( and you can tell them that).

There are some people who do silly things and then there are people who (allegedly) did what they did and for my part ST isn't doing enough to crucify this (alleged) bastard for not only breaching WTC rules in a major way but faking another persons identity.THAT IS JUST NOT ON!!!

I want to know what is happening!!!!!!

Can you all tell that I don't have a life?..;-)

-----

Re: Ironman Cheating [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]

Bitch... I've been called that a few times... glad that my skin is tough. I'm sure that word or worse will be said before all of this is over. Whatever!

I've been in contact with Ironman, waiting to hear back from them on how they will handle it. They did send me a copy of the fake ID, seems at this particular Ironman, they Xeroxed the IDs as people checked in. I can not recall an event when that happened, so consider myself pretty lucky. The ID is about as crappy and fake-looking as is can possibly be. The morons didn't bother to create one from scratch, used his drivers license and blocked out his personal information (did leave his picture and own driver's license on the fake) and replaced it with inaccurate information of mine..... Aimee is now a male... 5'10" and 165... the volunteers in Mexico buy it.

I've spoken with the US Attorney's office... they prosecute but do not investigate. So far I've had to contact the Secret Service office, FBI and still have a few offices to contact. As I do not know if anything else was done with the fake ID, I plan to continue to pursue it with every office that I can. I've also contacted USAT and am waiting for them to investigate as they either hacked into my account to print out my USAT card or forged information to obtain a one day license.

My only road block so far is that some of the government offices will not pursue it unless it involves finances of over $5000. I believe that I will have to fight this at the state leveI am determined to do something.... beyond the fact that they cheated, my identity was stolen.

This is bound to get ugly. Bitch is mild!

My wife, who knows or cares little about triathlon, shook her head and said "sounds like Finman".

Did I call you a bitch or did I say you were bitching about what happened?..You be the judge.

Either way I hope the prick get crucified..

--------

How about small claims court? I guess technically whether you raced or not is not applicable to the fact that someone forged your identity and picked up your race packet. Once your race packet was picked up, I think you are entitled to at least your entry fee back as damages. You should also urge Ironman to DQ the female for using "outside assistance". Just utilize the one photo showing them running side by side.

You do realize that you are arguing with a lady in her 50s right? Why are you giving a woman in her 50s a hard time when all she's doing is asking a question?

Prev Next