Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post a pic of your machine [YO mortaaay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I like the bike but these tires look like they've survived two world wars. Where did you purchase them, the local Army/Navy Surplus (LANS)? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jens. That jtek thingy might just come in handy for some of my own projects.
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump...
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics. Interesting setup you have. I can see the benefit of the ability to tilt the angle just a bit.

I also have my T2+ extensions under my T2 Wing basebars, but went the conventional method of using 2 sets of spacers (and a couple of washers). This puts the bottom of the armrest directly on the base bar (so, slightly lower) but doesn't allow for front/back tilting like your method. The standard method is probably slightly lighter, too. (Although, that's not really the issue that most make it IMO.)

The only "problem" (for me) is that it doesn't look like you can get the extensions out as far with your method (before exceeding the min insertion mark) since the basebar-to-extension clamp is much longer front-to-back than the standard armrest clamp. Unfortunately, this is an issue for me, since I have long arms and like the armrest pads right under my elbows. (Don't tell anyone, but I actually have my standard clamp a little past the min insertion line.)

Cool stuff, though. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

The only "problem" (for me) is that it doesn't look like you can get the extensions out as far with your method (before exceeding the min insertion mark) since the basebar-to-extension clamp is much longer front-to-back than the standard armrest clamp. Unfortunately, this is an issue for me, since I have long arms and like the armrest pads right under my elbows. (Don't tell anyone, but I actually have my standard clamp a little past the min insertion line.)

Cool stuff, though. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

I actually thought that may be have been a problem too, but it turned out to be fine for me and I actually ended up moving the extension bars back towards me after riding it for a bit. So I am well forward of the min insertion line. I was going to do the "standard" way but after sitting there and looking at all my extra parts this way made the most sense (I didn't have two standard armpad mounting brackets). The other advantage for me is that I like my pads closer together and by using the basebar-to-extension clamp I can get the pads in nice and close (closer than I can with the standard mounting bracket while still keeping the bars/shifters at the appropriate width apart for what I like).

The next things I am going to do is cut the back of the extensions down just a bit and I still want and can get a bit lower so I will probably try to get a different stem with more drop as I am all out of spacers to remove ;-)

Cheers

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like it's working out for you, then. Well done.

Just a thought...

It looks like you have a fairly tall headset cap. (~20mm from eyeing it.) Do they make a more low-profile one?

My Dual originally came with a ~25mm tall headset cap for the IS-2 headset, which I was able to replace with a ~5mm tall cap.

It'd be much less expensive (and likely much easier to find, being 31.8) than a new stem with more drop.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Eye ..it is 20mm. I am going to look into that option as well as that might be all I need to do.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its a cane creek you can go with a much shorter cap, my local bike shop had one on hand when i got my Blade last year. i think you can see it in the second pic

How do you guys like the t2 wing base bar? i am thinking of moving to that or the carbon version soon due to getting a new stem that wont work with the vison i have now.

Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [MALIBU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice Ride!

I like the T2 basebar and extension combo as it gives you a lot of room for adjustment. I had a Carbon X (with T2 extensions) on my last bike and found it worked great but was limited in setup/positioning options. I looked at the carbon T2 version (cobra) but found for the extra money there wasn't any real advantage besides a small amount of weight savings.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [JUST3IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new fixie from VanDessel. Just shipped today. Thanks Edwin!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [scoogie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [determinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey...I have an umbrella like that ......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it a Guiness one though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one is a bit better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that bike a little difficult to pedal??

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [Frog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What aerobars are those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

the road bike, for a technical bike course, at the campsite in Lausanne..
usual ride is a Dual, but everyone knows what that looks like.
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [Chris.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My new fixie from VanDessel. Just shipped today. Thanks Edwin!!!!

Shades of Hetchins!
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [jwp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hed Alloy S-Bend on Vision Basebar. Trimmed the extensions about 2cm. Friend owns a metal fab shop and made me a pair of custom-sized pad brackets (you can sort of see the anodized blue in the pic). Works perfect for me because the bars are mounted at the base bar, instead of under or on top of the base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yes i know the SRM cables aren't run yet. I am doing that tommorow when i do my bike vo2 max test tommorow.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [scoogie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazingly that bike looks even better in person!

(Mind you I've only really seen it while volunteering. Otherwise it's too far ahead of me :)

Steve

-
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love Cervelos......hate the paint scheme.....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Post a pic of your machine [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next