Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [TriZoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriZoeTri wrote:
I would suggest she does not want to upset the paymaster. None of them in the BE13 team would given they gave Nor been paid ANY money at all this year! Yep, I have it on very good authority that the pro Athletes in the team are yet to receive their remuneration for the 2017. So guessing the love fest is to try and get paid.

That's extra gross and disappointing for all involved. The promise of $$ being lorded over them as a way to demand loyalty and buy high-profile fans and entry to circles at the highest levels of the sport. Make a deal with the devil...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't we all make that same money deal with the devil? I know what'd happen to me at work if I criticized my company in public, even if the criticism were true and deserved? Especially if it were true and deserved? They lord my salary over me. If they didn't I'd be on a beach somewhere swimming 2 miles every day in tropical waters. Not here putting up with a Seattle winter.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The oil age will end someday but the producers that survive the longest will be the lowest cost producers, which are the Gulf countries. They will be producing oil for many decades to come. The problem is that at current, and most likely future, oil prices the Gulf countries are running deficits and have to dip into their sovereign wealth funds or borrow to pay the bills.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Touche, yes and no. I also work for the man and the $, but unless I went down some crazy tinfoil hat wearer rabbit hole I'd be hard pressed to come up with evidence that my employer is actively trying to erase (or grossly lower down the google algorithm) human rights violations propagated by them. Can't say the same thing about this circus.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [TriZoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious about this. Perhaps someone from ST can arrange another interview with Michael Gilliam? Isn’t he the sporting director for the team?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [scobig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha
Remember that this team was set up by Macca and the the athlete contracts ultimateky go through him and his 2iC and also co-founder of Super League, Michael Dhulst. Michael Gilliam is just another flunky and is one of "the Trainers" in Bahrain for the Prince. You may recall he is Macca's Long time Friend from Sydney and when Macca started at Thanyapura he brought Michael G along and positioned him as GM there which did not last once they all realise the qualifications were...ahhhh, let's say they were not quite what they were made out to be. Hence his old pal positioned him in Bahrain. He has no say in the situation with The team but is more of one of the hangers on that was fortunate to get one of the jobs for the boys.

Hopefully the Athletes get paid eventually.
Quote Reply

Prev Next