Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ann Haug had an amazing run earlier in the seasom when she pip Lucy Charles to win a 70.3, cant remember which one. She is the one to watch in 2018 if she decides to stick to longer distances....

Should be interesting!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Gomez wins this with ease!

Lawrence to beat Ryf also.

1/2 isn't bad!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Looks like the Prince got himself a Kona slot.

There were 10 military slots.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

Is the prince military? That one feels like a stretch.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
marcag wrote:

Commander of Bahrain's Royal guard. Yes, it's a stretch, but are we surprised ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Gomez.

On the women's side, I just hope Holly doesn't pull out after being passed by Ryf and see if she can keep up with her. Ryf still wins of course

0/2

Excuse me while I crawl back in my winter hole

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WouldnÂ’t this have been a $1M payday for Rhyf?

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
WouldnÂ’t this have been a $1M payday for Rhyf?

Yeah, would have been if she won. Makes me wonder if, as 1st and 2nd passed her, she says "Slow down, I'll give you $100k" :D

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
marcag wrote:

Commander of Bahrain's Royal guard. Yes, it's a stretch, but are we surprised ?

I kind of am. He could have bought an auction slot any time he wanted, I thought he once stated he wanted to truly qualify. I'm not saying that military slots aren't qualifying, I'm just referring to this specific situation in that he pretty much owns this race and where it not for him being considered "military," it wouldn't have been allotted any military slots. Sorry, not allotted, bought.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [Fendalton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fendalton wrote:
His range is incredible. When he gathers momentum, he enters beast mode. Bloody impressive.

Bozzone seems to come out of his Girona training blocks with a lot of momentum, that's for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a better position and he's at 1:58... that's a 20w difference, which was clearly evident from his position pics

Halvard wrote:
1.58.00 bike leg for Bozzone
Blu 3.01 back.
First 70.3 with a bike leg of 2.00.59

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Girona... where is that? Sounds familiar

kileyay wrote:
Fendalton wrote:
His range is incredible. When he gathers momentum, he enters beast mode. Bloody impressive.

Bozzone seems to come out of his Girona training blocks with a lot of momentum, that's for sure.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Fendalton wrote:

Actually, his momentum came after his training block in San Diego. He spent very little time in Girona this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:

I kind of am. He could have bought an auction slot any time he wanted, I thought he once stated he wanted to truly qualify. I'm not saying that military slots aren't qualifying, I'm just referring to this specific situation in that he pretty much owns this race and where it not for him being considered "military," it wouldn't have been allotted any military slots. Sorry, not allotted, bought.

Bahrain 70.3 seems to be the only 70.3 regional championship with military slots for Kona.

I guess it's a little less obvious than if he would have put in royalty slots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
hadukla wrote:

Bahrain 70.3 seems to be the only 70.3 regional championship with military slots for Kona.

I guess it's a little less obvious than if he would have put in royalty slots.
At least guys like Will and Harry actually served in real operations....this one seems like a bit of a joke. The thing about military slots is you have to be on active duty. For example it has been 20 years since my military career, but when I retired, I went on the supplementary ready reserve in Canada which is basically along the lines of "you are a civilian but if there is a crazy ass war, we flip your file to active if you want to do some work for us, or if we need to conscript, you get the first call". So in that vein, you're still "ready" (supplementary READY reserve), meaning you're kind of keeping your military skills ready to roll to get operational in a moment. So what's "active service" which is what WTC uses....it's all vague. I say can the military division and make everyone who is a military stud qualify with the rest like we used to.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worst broadcast ever to the point that I had to shut it off because the female commentator was driving me crazy! She needs to learn the less is more concept- less talking in general and less talking about your one athlete. LetÂ’s focus on the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
kileyay wrote:
Fendalton wrote:

Actually, his momentum came after his training block in San Diego. He spent very little time in Girona this year.
TB also had a pretty solid Kona this year. In any case, I think Kileyay is treading a fine line there with the Girona = X = Fast racing analogies. Yeah, we know that is how it worked for Tyler and Lance, but without anything to go on other than a decently fast race and some past training blocks in Girona there's no fire to really point to. There isn't even any proper smoke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bahrain is active in the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen. Nasser and his brother Khalid (HH Brigadier Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa and HH Sheikh Major Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa) continue to be involved with Bahrain's deployment, but I am not sure how involved in "real operations" they were.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Fendalton wrote:

Must be something in the water at that cycling Mecca training base. HeÂ’s not the only one that has had success since moving there.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:

Begs the question -- how much does a world championship title cost?

What a bunch of bullshit. The only thing more nauseating than this guy's instagag feed is the sycophantic Sheikh slurping in the comments from the pro triathletes on his payroll.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [scobig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scobig wrote:
Bahrain is active in the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen. Nasser and his brother Khalid (HH Brigadier Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa and HH Sheikh Major Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa) continue to be involved with Bahrain's deployment, but I am not sure how involved in "real operations" they were.

"thank you for your service"

Quote Reply
Re: IM Bahrain 70.3 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
scobig wrote:

Putting the "ahem" Military Service angle aside, and taking his politics out of the picture, that 4:12 half IM time that the Sheikh posted is pretty darn studly however you cut it for an age grouper (OK, he's probably got the ultimate pro athlete lifestyle minus the sponsorship hassles/hustling)....that time is faster than the half IM PB of most of us on this forum (by the way, he beat my PB by 2 min.....when I could actually move OK LOL drive by brag, I could not help having my former self inserted in the result behind the Sheikh).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% agree. Disrespectful how everyone jacks this guy off.. Commentators on down to some pros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
scobig wrote:

Putting the "ahem" Military Service angle aside, and taking his politics out of the picture, that 4:12 half IM time that the Sheikh posted is pretty darn studly however you cut it for an age grouper (OK, he's probably got the ultimate pro athlete lifestyle minus the sponsorship hassles/hustling)....that time is faster than the half IM PB of most of us on this forum (by the way, he beat my PB by 2 min.....when I could actually move OK LOL drive by brag, I could not help having my former self inserted in the result behind the Sheikh).

I think that 2:13 bike split needs to be taken with a grain or two (billion) of salt.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
scobig wrote:

I second your thoughts on this matter, Dev. At least this guy supports our sport and puts his muscle where his money is, to boot. We could use more, not less, like him in triathlon.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply

Prev Next