Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ironman Muncie 70.3 now an olympic.... weak [doubleplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doubleplay wrote:
The whole race should have been cancelled, I don't care what distance it is, it does not make any sense to swim in 90 degree water let alone trying to run in 100 degree temperatures

If that were the case then we wouldn't have any triathlons in Texas during the summer. Yet, we have a ton of triathlons during the summer and we all survive. Scary, huh?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: ironman Muncie 70.3 now an olympic.... weak [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FJB wrote:
Do you really think it is fine to risk the lives of all those people; 1,200 volunteer alone

Now the volunteers lives are at risk? It's getting hotter all the time at Muncie. In a week it will have been the hottest place in the entire Universe on race day.

----

It has been quite a year so far,first we had a tidal wave in St George,then we had a blizzard in Boise and now solar flares in Muncie.....Clearly God doesn't like triathletes!

----
Quote Reply
Re: ironman Muncie 70.3 now an olympic.... weak [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your repeated postings wreak of elitism and ignorance. A disgusting combination. Well done.

To be expected from someone with ULTRA-tri-guy in their name though. Just in case everyone here isn't aware, this guy does ULTRAS! Whoa! You must be able to push yourself through pain unbearable to others. Suffer through conditions that would make mortals crumble. You sir, are an ULTRA-TRI-GUY!

I really don't understand all the discontent with a shortened race? The people who are upset are first timers who wanted to check this off their list. Or maybe those that invested half a year of training for this single race. Or I hope so at least. I can understand their frustrations but some of these postings sound incredibly selfish and ignorant at best. I can't imagine anyone who races often getting upset - apart from the poor compensation for a downgraded race.

Is racing hard? Is racing a 70.3 or 140.6 hard? Racing is as hard as you want it to be. A sprint can be the most challenging/painful event if you know how to bury yourself. I guess Mr. Ultra-Tri-Guy and I can agree on that. Again, the people here who are all up in arms are those who pride themselves in FINISHING a 70.3. I highly doubt anyone is upset who RACES, or attempts to race, at any distance. Might they be disappointed? Sure. I was a bit disappointed (also disappointed that I race like shit in any conditions above 90 but thats for the cry like a little bitch thread). But I race quite often, as do many others, and this was just another race. And it happened to be slightly shorter than originally planned.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: ironman Muncie 70.3 now an olympic.... weak [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha,if you actually knew me you would realise what a stupid rant you have just had but that is your perogative.Like so many others here you don't actually spend the time to figure out why some of us have the opinions that we have.I could have a very uneducated opinion of you based on your little attack of me but I'll just chalk it down to you having Monday morning fever.

-----
Quote Reply
Re: ironman Muncie 70.3 now an olympic.... weak [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC just sent out an e-mail extending a $150 discount to next year's race in addition to the discounts announced over the weekend. I'm glad they listened and added another option.
Quote Reply
Re: ironman Muncie 70.3 now an olympic.... weak [ziggie204] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ziggie204 wrote:
WTC just sent out an e-mail extending a $150 discount to next year's race in addition to the discounts announced over the weekend. I'm glad they listened and added another option.

Now what will some complain about?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ziggie204 wrote:

It is not a $150 discount......................

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are offering early registration till sept. 1 for $150.
Quote Reply

Prev Next