Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the start list for Challenge Peguera too (14th October).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
sidelined wrote:
Racing Challenge Barcelona in a couple of weeks

Anyone else decent on the start list? Had no idea he was anywhere close to racing fitness.

Arron Royale and Cam Wurf on the start list for the men - Imogen Simmonds Sara Perez Sala and Lucy Buckingham for the ladies. According to Johnny Brownlee he is still not 100% run fit but building.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Jackets wrote:
sidelined wrote:
Racing Challenge Barcelona in a couple of weeks

Anyone else decent on the start list? Had no idea he was anywhere close to racing fitness.

Arron Royale and Cam Wurf on the start list for the men - Imogen Simmonds Sara Perez Sala and Lucy Buckingham for the ladies. According to Johnny Brownlee he is still not 100% run fit but building.

Won't stop ST observers saying he 'blew up' and never paced it right etc.

As long as he's not injured and even half run fit, I reckon he can still be competitive.
Quote Reply
Re: [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah I remember AB’s post race interviews after dropping a sub 29 to win a race and he called everyone wankers as he was say he’s only 2 weeks into his run fitness.

Damn AB was always a great post race interview insisting he’s not run fit after out running everyone at ease.

That whole era was brilliant racing.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Ah I remember AB’s post race interviews after dropping a sub 29 to win a race and he called everyone wankers as he was say he’s only 2 weeks into his run fitness.

Damn AB was always a great post race interview insisting he’s not run fit after out running everyone at ease.

That whole era was brilliant racing.

He was literally injured coming off the bike at London GF and still out running Vincent Luis among others for about a mile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is going to be an exciting weekend of racing; Ali is back, and I believe this is going to be Jelle Geens' second attempt at the middle distance in 70.3 Langkawi.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Oct 5, 23 13:52
Quote Reply
Re: [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is hoping Alistair can put together a string of racing without getting injured.
Quote Reply
Re: [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting race distances in Barcelona…1.5k/60k/16k. Not sure if it’s something Challenge are trialling or just a one off. Seems to have done the trick though as Tri247 reporting there are 1000’s of age groupers signed up as well as 70 pros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
This is going to be an exciting weekend of racing; Ali is back, and I believe this is going to be Jelle Geens' second attempt at the middle distance in 70.3 Langkawi.

Geens posted is out as was stung by a Jellyfish and had an allergic reaction.
Quote Reply
Re: [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is kind of a nice distance. I remember when we had a nearby race that was 2k/60k,/15k, which was popular. Not too long to race if your primary focus was Olympic distance. Probably why it is popular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After injury, Alistair Brownlee returns to action this weekend. The world-class British athlete – two-time Olympic champion and multiple World Champion – looks ahead to tomorrow’s race (Sunday, Oct. 8). Challenge Barcelona takes place in the city center of the world-famous city.

“I just really enjoy racing, I’ve missed a lot of racing this year, so it great to be participating. Barcelona is a beautiful city, an Olympic city, which is very special. It’s great to do a Long Distance triathlon right in the center of the city with a swim in the sea, a bike through the city center and a run along the beautiful seafront. Its always very special to be able to race in city centers and when you get so much spectators out there to watch. That’s what I’m looking forward the most.”

Naturally, the media is watching Brownlee and many people see him as the biggest favorite for the race. Does Brownlee think the same way?

“Races are always important and you always want to do your best. I had an operation surgery on my ankle only a few months ago, so I maybe have not the fitness that I like, but I’m going out and race as hard as I can. I’ll do my best in the race. I hope I’m one of the favorites but there is a good field with lots of other good athletes and we’ll see how it goes on the day.”

https://www.challenge-family.com/...ace-in-city-centers/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alistair is done as a contender, but his girlfriend is racing in Kona and he's racing in a Challenge race instead of being a Sherpa. Strange relationship.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Alistair is done as a contender, but his girlfriend is racing in Kona and he's racing in a Challenge race instead of being a Sherpa. Strange relationship.

Are they really in a relationship? I’ve seen absolutely nothing indicating thar they are, other than the claims people make here. I thought the dude that records her videos was her SO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

He is still a professional triathlete and continues to try to make a living of racing. He probably wants to be his gf in Kona, but he has been injured almost the whole season and running out of season to prove himself to sponsors, earn some prize money, etc. Nothing strange in my view, simply a work/career decision and sacrifice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is he dating?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Are they really in a relationship? I’ve seen absolutely nothing indicating thar they are, other than the claims people make here. I thought the dude that records her videos was her SO.

Well. Tim Heming wrote about it last year...

https://www.triathlete.com/culture/ruth-astle-is-on-the-rise/

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Who is he dating?

People claim he’s dating Astle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 or 5 out of the water together at Barcelona, including Aaron Royle and Ali B.
Quote Reply
Re: [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Lucy Buckingham and Sara Perez Sala out together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
live broadcast here (in spanish/catalan):

https://beteve.cat/...atlo-barcelona-2023/

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why is Wurf racing this distance? Doesnt stand a chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
4 or 5 out of the water together at Barcelona, including Aaron Royle and Ali B.

Looks like the same 5 leave T2 together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

They’ve been living together for about 3 years! She refers to it a little in various podcasts and interviews - most recently a couple of months ago on The Inside Tri Show (British podcast, v good and sadly about to finish its run) where she was joking about their morning routine getting ready for swim training and who could drink their tea faster….

He is clearly a very private person when it comes to his personal life which is probably why it’s not super common knowledge as they don’t plaster their relationship all over social media.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

you seem nice

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next