Prev Next
Re: current Zwift poll [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't blame me. I voted for 1.5 w/kg.
Quote Reply
Re: current Zwift poll [ferretnt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferretnt wrote:
Not sure if the forum is asking "what w/kg will the ride claim" or "what will we be doing?"

As a 70kg male, I usually assume anything listed at 2.5w/kg (e.g. the SZR C Joyride) will have a long sustained effort at ~3.2w/kg to stay near the front of the main group.

Any B-ride claiming 3w/kg (e.g. WBR 3w/kg ride) will have 10+min periods at close to 4 w/kg.

Not a complaint at all, but there are definitely factors that I apply when deciding which rides to do. If I see a ride proposing 3 w/kg in mobile link, I won't do it unless I'm feeling like riding well above that.

what we're doing is a ride. we don't know for sure what's going to constitute cohesive groups. it'll take us a couple of weeks to get our arms around it.

we'll start out at 2.75 w/kg, up to 3.0. for the first group, bear in mind this is a hilly course, so it's going to get harder on the hill. regroup at the top. second group will be about .5 w/kg slower, maybe .75w/kg.

if almost everyone's keeping up in the 1st group, and folks want to go a little harder, then fine.

i'm no expert! i'm a neozwifter. but that's my sense of it. bear in mind, on the last 20min you can make up for lost effort.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: current Zwift poll [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I find it funny that people think they can ride 3w/kg in the group portion of the ride and then be able to pick it up

I think that's probably what many top AG men ride for a whole Ironman

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply

Prev Next