Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [jaws20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Deej wrote:
Lance's tweet of his rebuttal includes #unconstitutional - can anyone please explain this to me, I'm Canadian. Is it his right to 'bare' arms (tri singlet)?

that would be called "making shit up"

I think that would probably be a reference to not being held to answer for the same crime twice. Slightly out of context, but I think you get the point.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
OK, I'll say it....when I first heard about the timing of his retirement, my initial reaction was "sounds like he is getting out before they force him out."

How about maybe he is old and just wants to retire? He has been racing for +18 years and is almost 39 years old. Eventually you have to call it quits.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe this comment belongs in the LR, but why is our government spending money investigating this?
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power say it aint so....
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point exactly, read posts from her and quotes and again I say it was quite amusing and made me laugh...15 min of fame is way over...
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either way Big George is still a great rider, team leader, and only wish we would have seen him climb to the top step and raise the cobble at Roubaix....
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [brian_j_smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Roll was interviewed on NBCsports a little while ago. He said he was unaware of anything new aside from the 2009-2010 allegations that to him seem a little odd.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [atilley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atilley wrote:
Maybe this comment belongs in the LR, but why is our government spending money investigating this?

Exactly. Waste of money. Guess guys like AlanShearer, Power13, bobloblaw were upset that Lance blew past them on the bike and didn't say "On your left!!"

Ultimately a bunch of bum hurt people at USADA are upset and want revenge against Lance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just read Tinley's new article on Kenny Souza. Refreshing and well done. I have a bumper sticker on my VW Thing: "Eddie Would Go" I would be willing to put on one more: "Souza didn't dope".

dr
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [JRenfro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JRenfro wrote:
The USADA is a farce. Anti-doping legislation is a farce. The whole anti-doping agenda is about money. How many millions if not more are these people wasting trying to go after alleged dopers. USADA and WADA always lose.

The US war on drugs is a losing battle, costing tens of thousands of lives a year. The war on PEDs in one aspect of this ridiculous notion.

It's also about the money in sports. How many people in the US watch cycling? Maybe 0.5%? How much of the USADA budget is spent on catching and investigating cyclists?

How many people watch the NFL? Maybe 30%? How much is spent on monitoring NFL players.

http://articles.latimes.com/...ports-drugs-20111202

"The head of the World Anti-Doping Agency chided the NFL Players Assn. on Thursday for not giving a green light to testing players for human growth hormone."

"The current policy of the NFL suspends players without pay who test positive for banned substances as it has since 1989: four games for the first offense (a quarter of the regular season), eight games for a second offense (half of the regular season), and 12 months for a third offense"

Can you imagine if 8 years after winning a Super Bowl they came back to a top player in the NFL and said we're taking away your victor and your Super Bowl ring?

What a joke.
Last edited by: manitou820: Jun 13, 12 15:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is USADA filing charges in June 2012 for 2009 test results anomalies? Either they're incompetent or have an axe to grind.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
USAT and WTC are both WADA signatories, so if USADA gives him the banstick, so must USAT and WTC.

i understand that...however, lets just say usada has evidence from his TDF championships...how does that effect him now?? i.e. if somebody is proven to have used ped's several years ago, but don't test positive now...what can be done? I honestly don't know. is there a statute of limitations??

i also find it ironic that this is coming out 2 weeks before ironman france.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [manitou820] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manitou820 wrote:
JRenfro wrote:
The USADA is a farce. Anti-doping legislation is a farce. The whole anti-doping agenda is about money. How many millions if not more are these people wasting trying to go after alleged dopers. USADA and WADA always lose.

The US war on drugs is a losing battle, costing tens of thousands of lives a year. The war on PEDs in one aspect of this ridiculous notion.

It's also about the money is sports. How many people in the US watch cycling? Maybe 0.5%? How much of the USADA budget is spent on catching and investigating cyclists?

How many people watch the NFL? Maybe 30%? How much is spent on monitoring NFL players.

http://articles.latimes.com/...ports-drugs-20111202

"The head of the World Anti-Doping Agency chided the NFL Players Assn. on Thursday for not giving a green light to testing players for human growth hormone."

"The current policy of the NFL suspends players without pay who test positive for banned substances as it has since 1989: four games for the first offense (a quarter of the regular season), eight games for a second offense (half of the regular season), and 12 months for a third offense"

Can you imagine if 8 years after winning a Super Bowl they came back to a top player in the NFL and said we're taking away your victor and your Super Bowl ring?

What a joke.

+10000. Well said sir.

Since football is a team sport, the team has to give back their rings to the other team.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Azr43l wrote:
Why is USADA filing charges in June 2012 for 2009 test results anomalies? Either they're incompetent or have an axe to grind.

That is the important question.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahillock wrote:
Azr43l wrote:

That is the important question.

Or they had to wait until another Federal investigation was completed. Not as exciting as your incompetent or axe theories....
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdmike wrote:
Or they had to wait until another Federal investigation was completed. Not as exciting as your incompetent or axe theories....

Says who?
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the end of this video the espn expert says "right now he has ONLY been banned by World Triathlon".

http://espn.go.com/...mally-charged-doping

Seems like they jumped the gun on this...

EDIT: He has not even been banned from cycling yet, they say pending charges he could be. WTC really jumped the gun, or was pressured to...

KAlber wrote:
Quote:
USAT and WTC are both WADA signatories, so if USADA gives him the banstick, so must USAT and WTC.

i understand that...however, lets just say usada has evidence from his TDF championships...how does that effect him now?? i.e. if somebody is proven to have used ped's several years ago, but don't test positive now...what can be done? I honestly don't know. is there a statute of limitations??

Last edited by: CP78: Jun 13, 12 15:58
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
jackmott wrote:
yes, yes, no, yes

But, if you were on the Duke team, or your kid was on the team, I guess you would be happy because we need to assume guilt now in our country rather than having to prove it first?

But, OJ even with all the evidence was "proven" not guilty.

Bonds, even all all the evidence, was "proven" not guilty for the drug stuff if I remember right.

After all the money, the Feds just threw in the towel on Edwards.

You're obviously not very bright... Nobody is "proven" not guilty (or "found innocent," as others will say). The prosecution failed to prove its case to the satisfaction of the judge/jury, that is all. Not being proven guilty does not equal being innocent. I hope that's not too confusing for you.

And USADA is not criminal court anyway. How they establish/enforce rules of fair competition is not the same thing as a criminal case where a defendant may face jail time, among other things. It's not that different than if a soccer club or the NBA suspended a player for violating its league rules. The judicial system has no dog in the fight.

But if you insist on the whole "innocent until proven guilty" mantra... try domestic violence out for size. If there's suspicion that he's beating her up, the authorities usually intervene on her behalf ASAP, even though the Court's gears may take weeks to turn out a verdict. The Sandusky example someone else made is even better... if there's a suspected pedophile at your kids school, are you OK with him still walking the halls all the way until there's a trial in which he's found guilty, or should he be removed from the school pending further investigation?
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [swall27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could Lance sue the WTC to prevent the ban until after a verdict is given?

Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
At the end of this video the espn expert says "right now he has ONLY been banned by World Triathlon".

http://espn.go.com/...mally-charged-doping

Seems like they jumped the gun on this...

EDIT: He has not even been banned from cycling yet, they say pending charges he could be. WTC really jumped the gun, or was pressured to...

KAlber wrote:
Quote:

I didn't realize Lance was still road racing? Was he a favorite for TdF? (pink font)
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe Lance should run for president

http://news.yahoo.com/...-says-202418229.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is sport's version of a Rorschach test.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA files doping charges against Armstrong [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two questions, what is USDA's relationship with WADA (if any) and unless there is some new "evidence" how can this be investigated again(double jeopardy)?
Quote Reply

Prev Next