Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did USADA have to do with this other than agree with WADA and the Dutch anti-doping agency?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It goes onto say that Leinders refers to Rasmussen as the most protected rider in the race. Rasmussen also claimed that Leinders advised him to use the steroid DHEA (didehydroepiandrosterone) as a result of a recommendation from Zorzoli."

Now we know why Rasmussen was so successful. Full of DHEA.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
What did USADA have to do with this other than agree with WADA and the Dutch anti-doping agency?

It appears the case was some sort of collaboration between Denmark, the USA, and the Netherlands. Perhaps because Levi Leipheimer testified, the USA was involved?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/leinders-handed-lifetime-ban-by-usada-for-doping-offences

Sky are not dumb, but they make the mistake that everyone else is dumb.

They employed Leinders, they pretend to be the most scientific team with their use of power meters and sports science & doctors, yet they use a power meter which only measures the power of the left leg and a doctor who is now exposed as an expert in doping.

Sir Dave Brailsford was in charge of British Cycling when one of their track riders was over the 50% heamatocrit level, really good science that to not even know a rider was over the limit before the test. Sky employed several riders and coaches who have confessed to drug use. Brailsford was having dinner with David Millar the night he was busted. Employs Millar's sister and picked David Millar for the Olympics thus depriving a clean rider a place in the team.

Brailsford - the accumilator of marginal reputational stains.
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most fascinating part of Rasmussen's story, to me, was the time he had *artificial blood*

I didn't know you could even do that, haha

Robert wrote:
"It goes onto say that Leinders refers to Rasmussen as the most protected rider in the race. Rasmussen also claimed that Leinders advised him to use the steroid DHEA (didehydroepiandrosterone) as a result of a recommendation from Zorzoli."

Now we know why Rasmussen was so successful. Full of DHEA.

-Robert

Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [Trev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trev wrote:
yet they use a power meter which only measures the power of the left leg

If that gets you money to buy other marginal gains, that isn't so dumb.
Let's just hope that those marginal gains are not of the cheating variety.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The aggregation of marginal reputational stains - Sir Dave Brailsford.

Dr Geert Leinders
http://road.cc/conte...-geert-leinders
http://www.telegraph...ng-culture.html

Sean Yates
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Sean_Yates
A sample tested positive, but B sample clear so he has never failed a drug test.

Steven de Jongh
http://en.wikipedia....Steven_de_Jongh

Michael Rogers - consulted banned doctor Mechele Ferrari
http://en.wikipedia....ogers_(cyclist)

Max Sciandri - a client of Cecchini
http://en.wikipedia..../Luigi_Cecchini
http://www.dailymail...acing-Team.html

Bobby Julich
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Bobby_Julich

Michael Barry
http://en.wikipedia....Barry_(cyclist)

Sir Dave 'zero tolerance' Brailsford seems to have a habit of employing people with dodgy pasts. One must assume he is naive as he obviously had no idea any of the above had dodgy pasts when he employed them.

Sir Dave also picked David Millar to ride in the Olympic Road Race thus depriving a clean rider of a place on the team. Brailsford also employs Millar's sister as press officer. Obviously she knew nothing of her brother's doping until Millar was busted soon after having dinner with Dave Brailsford. Millar obviously did not tell Brailsford that it was Max Sciandri who introduced him to Checchini who he consulted only for training plans. If Brailsford has known Sciandri was a client of Cecchini he would not have put him in charge of so many young riders.

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke.

Now to add to this we have the full extent of what Leinders is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A three-man panel found the Belgian guilty of multiple doping violations from his time as chief team doctor at the Rabobank team.

What's the issue for SKY? I am sure that he was completely on the up and up when he was at SKY. They are a clean team after all.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [Trev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you could build an association list like that with the director of any pro cycling team. What will be disappointing to hear is if Team Sky has been doping the riders on Team Sky. I hope not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you need this thread Trev:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1566945
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Quote:
A three-man panel found the Belgian guilty of multiple doping violations from his time as chief team doctor at the Rabobank team.

What's the issue for SKY? I am sure that he was completely on the up and up when he was at SKY. They are a clean team after all.

It's really the one action we know about that is damning. People love to shit on Team Sky but if they hadn't hired Leinders I would say it is all nonsense. But hiring him was sooooo shady

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zorcoli's got to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I think you could build an association list like that with the director of any pro cycling team. What will be disappointing to hear is if Team Sky has been doping the riders on Team Sky. I hope not.

True but Sir Dave Brailsford has claimed to be whiter than white from day one, then he claimed a zero tolerance policy so it is only fair comment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trev wrote:
jackmott wrote:

True but Sir Dave Brailsford has claimed to be whiter than white from day one, then he claimed a zero tolerance policy so it is only fair comment.

Yes, but zero tolerance was not from day one, it was from after someone pointed out they hired Leinders. Then he fired a bunch of people. And none of them has talked. Which is encouraging.

So he is either a dark evil mastermind (possible!) or not doping up the team.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Quote:

It's really the one action we know about that is damning. People love to shit on Team Sky but if they hadn't hired Leinders I would say it is all nonsense. But hiring him was sooooo shady

I know that you really want SKY to be clean, but I just don't see a doctor doping riders on one team and being clean for his next team (which happened to be winning everything).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that team sky only used stages for races as they were sponsored and used different power meters for their training to give more comprehensive power information

http://www.thedeludedcyclist.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also a guy was fingered at the UCI - who reportedly was the guy who gave Froome the controversial TUE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Trev wrote:

If that gets you the money?????? Really. Sky needs to save money there??? Look at their team bus. No, I think they have plenty of money
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
jackmott wrote:
Trev wrote:

If that gets you the money?????? Really. Sky needs to save money there??? Look at their team bus. No, I think they have plenty of money

Here is the thing about money, you can always use more.
Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Also a guy was fingered at the UCI - who reportedly was the guy who gave Froome the controversial TUE

TMI.

Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:

What is the saying about rich guys? They didn't get rich by choosing shitty sponsorship deals?

Quote Reply
Re: Tygart comes out of retirement and Team Sky must feel dumb [deludedcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deludedcyclist wrote:
I was under the impression that team sky only used stages for races as they were sponsored and used different power meters for their training to give more comprehensive power information

Is that the case? It is something I think may well be true but I don't think there is any evidence.

I hope you are right because the only reason most people bought Stages other than price is because Sky use them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes but your point was they were skimping on a power meter to use for other gains. I don't think that was the issue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Yes but your point was they were skimping on a power meter to use for other gains. I don't think that was the issue

There is no conceivable reason to switch power meters other than money.

Quote Reply

Prev Next