Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [docholiday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
Hope your all right and it's just pressure on the gland or bph...and I hate to say it but...if you can't bike....you could always...you know...ummm....gulp.....try swimming. No steady state shit, lots of hard intervals. Be the next johny Weissmuller!

PS no injured reserve lists on this thread allowed. HTFU Fatty.

Agreed. Sorry to hear about the bad test results but there are plenty of other ways to trim down Fatty.
Weighed in at 177 lbs. this a.m.. Not making a lot of progress but not gaining any. Found out this weekend I received Invitational Entry to run the 2015 Boston Marathon. I need to be around 160 lbs. on 4/20/2015.
This shit just got real.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Rusty Sprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm busted. Was working the pity angle. No dice.....
Good work fatty boys.

I'm starting to run. Staying with the program. Swim? I still do that. Maybe do more if I can find time. I'll cut out Prancercise maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been eating baileys chocolates with aged cheddar every night. Lots of chicken wings, but only 1-2 drinks per day. Cut back on bread and pasta, and am down to 201.4. (running 5days per week too).

THE CHOCOLATE DIET WORKS!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
Been eating baileys chocolates with aged cheddar every night. Lots of chicken wings, but only 1-2 drinks per day. Cut back on bread and pasta, and am down to 201.4. (running 5days per week too).

I've had a couple of people tell me that this whole running bullshit is tied to weight loss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
docholiday wrote:

I've had a couple of people tell me that this whole running bullshit is tied to weight loss.

HERETICS!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Down 3 since the start. Not satisfied but not mathematically eliminated yet. Still have a shot at the wild card.
Where are all my internet friends who said they were here for the gang bang? Blown up? Pulled from the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've shaken the injury and probably the illness. Down 3 or so. Aiming for 3 more by Christmas. Got the coach setting up the program. Just read the announcement for 2016 ITU Worlds. It's go time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Down 3 since the start. Not satisfied but not mathematically eliminated yet. Still have a shot at the wild card.
Where are all my internet friends who said they were here for the gang bang? Blown up? Pulled from the race?

Sorry, still here. Been a little too weak to type. Only one bad day last week. Ran into a old friend with some medical grade, destroyed the entire cookie aisle at the local grocery store. Down 1.5 lbs. for the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm blaming you. After your pity party, I thought the thread ended. I've been in maintenance mode, feeling bad for you and old us old guys. Life's too short, blah, blah, blah.

You're resurrection coincides with the 100/100 and since I'm 2/2 I'll get back at it and eat a salad for lunch. If I fall back off I'm blaming you again anyway.

Fatty out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went on vacation for a week and it was like a walk down "why I was a fat a$$ lane". Topped out at just over 214, down to 208.6 as of this morning (a little over a week later). I am trying a few new tricks this time around to help me succeed:

Prepare as many meals and snacks in advance as possible. I think I spent 45 minutes chopping veggies yesterday!

Started a blog to log my training and hold myself accountable. I'm also curious to track my training for an entire year to see progress.

Set REASONABLENESS goals. I struggle with this as I tend to be Go big or Go Home kind of guy. If I can hit 5# per month I will be in the 180's come spring and that would be amazing. You are talking junior high weight at that point.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
If I fall back off I'm blaming you again anyway.

Fatty out.

Yeah but this time no alimony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stopped at a different store than usual last night on the way home from a swim with the gf. Spotted bag of black jelly beans out of the corner of my eye, I swore the next bag I saw I would buy so in order to not make myself a liar I bought them. They had like 10 other bags in stock so I told the gf we are not allowed to shop there anymore.

2 servings at 140 each (per 7!) quickly put me from under to over calories for the day last night but not by too much.

I was down to 193 saturday from a start point of 200ish beginning of november. But then gfs mom was in town so we ate out/larger than usual meals. I'm a big poop away from getting back on track though.

BF is way down, I've been lifting which of course slows the weight loss a little but I didn't want to lose muscle mass until I knew how light I could get just on fat loss. so the slight increase in muscle mass is slow progress on the scale but in the mirror its going quite well.
Last edited by: mrtopher1980: Dec 16, 14 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I've read the last few pages worth of posts and figured I'd join the community... I'm definitely in need of some help/support with this weight thing, not entirely for myself but because I'm part of a very competitive (albeit small) team. Collegiate nationals is coming up April 25 and I'd like to hit race weight by April 10. Last year I raced at 172 and did just above 2hrs. Want to try to break 2hrs this year--but problem: I'm 194 this morning. That's going to hurt on the run--I definitely can't break 40min at this weight.

So that's 16 weeks from Saturday to lose 20 to 25 lbs. That's much more aggressive than I'd care for, but doable. Started to try getting back on track two months ago but I've gained 10 lbs and I'm sick of being a lard..
Last edited by: Stewed: Dec 17, 14 10:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at 204, should be low 180's if I want to be able to run anywhere near potential.

I have just about given it up as my sugar addiction has proven stronger than any goals I have. Last night it was two pints of Talenti Gelato and a package of Keebler Fudge Covered Coconut Dreams. My resting metabolic rate is 2800cal and every time I try to cut out sugar I can't seem to get enough calories and choose poor substitutes.

I fluctuate 6-7lbs any given week solely based on how much crap I ate. Heart attack waiting to happen.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Stewed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stewed wrote:
So I've read the last few pages worth of posts and figured I'd join the community... I'm definitely in need of some help/support with this weight thing, not entirely for myself but because I'm part of a very competitive (albeit small) team. Collegiate nationals is coming up April 25 and I'd like to hit race weight by April 10. Last year I raced at 172 and did just above 2hrs. Want to try to break 2hrs this year--but problem: I'm 194 this morning. That's going to hurt on the run--I definitely can't break 40min at this weight.

So that's 16 weeks from Saturday to lose 20 to 25 lbs. That's much more aggressive than I'd care for, but doable. Started to try getting back on track two months ago but I've gained 10 lbs and I'm sick of being a lard..

Welcome aboard Fatty, go big or stay home!
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I'm at 204, should be low 180's if I want to be able to run anywhere near potential.

I have just about given it up as my sugar addiction has proven stronger than any goals I have. Last night it was two pints of Talenti Gelato and a package of Keebler Fudge Covered Coconut Dreams. My resting metabolic rate is 2800cal and every time I try to cut out sugar I can't seem to get enough calories and choose poor substitutes.

I fluctuate 6-7lbs any given week solely based on how much crap I ate. Heart attack waiting to happen.

Those elves intentionally make that wrapper so damn tight you can't slide the plastic container back in. So it's screw it might as well eat the whole damn package so they don't go stale. Welcome Fatty.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Rusty Sprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rusty Sprocket wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

Those elves intentionally make that wrapper so damn tight you can't slide the plastic container back in. So it's screw it might as well eat the whole damn package so they don't go stale. Welcome Fatty.

Good point! I'll add this to my bank of excuses.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Stewed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stewed wrote:

My first thought was that you had plenty of time, April is forever away! Then you said 16 weeks. Wow! Time flies.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, it's crunch time, the end game, the bell lap, 2 minute warning,....I could go on.

2 weeks until '15 and refocused training and obsessing, neglecting work and family so as to ride fast in circles with other middle aged men in Lycra. I am pregnant with anticipation. My prostate is inflamed just thinking about it. I can't wait to puke on my front wheel.

Let's focus, Fatty's. Things are gonna get intense. Egg nog. Gifts of chocolate and white, powdery cookies. Booze and more booze. Big plates of dessert so good you just want to just smear it all over yourself. It's the Xmas calorie devil lurking, ready to pounce on your gelatinous soul. Beware.

Poise and focus will see us through. That, and maybe a couple of days of influenza. Ebola light.

Godspeed, Fatty Nation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Okay, it's crunch time, the end game, the bell lap, 2 minute warning,....I could go on.

2 weeks until '15 and refocused training and obsessing, neglecting work and family so as to ride fast in circles with other middle aged men in Lycra. I am pregnant with anticipation. My prostate is inflamed just thinking about it. I can't wait to puke on my front wheel.

Let's focus, Fatty's. Things are gonna get intense. Egg nog. Gifts of chocolate and white, powdery cookies. Booze and more booze. Big plates of dessert so good you just want to just smear it all over yourself. It's the Xmas calorie devil lurking, ready to pounce on your gelatinous soul. Beware.t

Poise and focus will see us through. That, and maybe a couple of days of influenza. Ebola light.

Godspeed, Fatty Nation.

Going to my daughter's place for Christmas. She's vegan. I should be safe. Hungry, but safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
Going to my daughter's place for Christmas. She's vegan. I should be safe. Hungry, but safe.

Having my vegetarian (pescetarian? eats fish..) move in has been one of the best things for losing weight.

I've been good this week, she keeps offering me cookies from a basket she got at work, but I have been declining each time!

because I'm eating my jelly beans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I survived my first party of the holiday's last weekend without doing much damage. Weight is headed in a downward direction and life is good!

I did, however, sleep through my morning swim today. I realized I was working out 2x per day, 6 days per week, and this is supposed to be the off season. I have been using the Barry P run plan but still tried to swim/bike 2-3x per week and I think that was a mistake. My new plan is to focus on the run while doing whatever I feel like with the other two, making sure to get in at least one decent swim session a week. I just bought the Sufferfest videos so I imagine I will be biking more :).

Most of my early season races are running so it makes sense to focus on the run and I don't want to burn myself out. At least that all made sense at 4:30 this morning in my warm bed next to my cute wife.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
docholiday wrote:

Having my vegetarian (pescetarian? eats fish..) move in has been one of the best things for losing weight.

Am I to understand that you have procured a pet vegetarian?

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:
docholiday wrote:

Am I to understand that you have procured a pet vegetarian?

whoops forgot to type girlfriend..

however in past relationships pet and/or procuring may have been appropriate terms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:

The last time I was subjected to spending time at a vegan's household... I snuck out in the evening and went to eat cheeseburgers at the local pub...
Quote Reply

Prev Next