Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick in the D wrote:
REBOOT. Down 6 since Nov 1-ish through slight of hand - watch me replace food calories with booze calories. Friggin' holidays.

203 is the starting point.

Son was born Oct 2. That morning I weighed slightly over 190 lbs, 5'11".

This morning's weight was 173.4, so 17 lbs in 8 weeks. Not sure how that happened, as I somehow dropped close to 10 lbs in October while not working out. I figure I have another 8 to go, to be at 165 for a maintainable weight.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
McNulty wrote:
Weigh in tomorrow. Can't, uh, wait....

No weight gain holiday weekend! And I didn't hurt anyone at the Turkey Trot while setting a PB.
Managed some moderate exercise but my stomach revolted yesterday which is the real source of my success. Only recommended if you're near a bathroom.

You got sick? I am so envious. I could use a good stomach bug. Just jump start things.
Broke even after the holiday. And considering I was Mr. Creosote on Thanksgiving, one wafer thin mint away, I'm taking the win.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
Rick in the D wrote:
REBOOT. Down 6 since Nov 1-ish through slight of hand - watch me replace food calories with booze calories. Friggin' holidays.

203 is the starting point.

Son was born Oct 2. That morning I weighed slightly over 190 lbs, 5'11".

This morning's weight was 173.4, so 17 lbs in 8 weeks. Not sure how that happened, as I somehow dropped close to 10 lbs in October while not working out. I figure I have another 8 to go, to be at 165 for a maintainable weight.

John
Congrats on the amazing real life stuff. And the weight loss too.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear santa, I've been a very good boy, and am down to 202.2 lbs as of this am...that's 6 lbs since this thread began. Does that mean I deserve some chicken wings and a good dark beer tonite?
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [docholiday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Went up a little, should be back to normal tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Between my marathon the sunday before t-day, recovery from the marathon, t-day itself, more recovery... The scale is currently showing +4lbs from where I was before the race. I know some of that is just the holiday weekend working its way through my system, some of that is still marathon recovery (I am only 9 days out from it), but damn I want to see the scale back where it belongs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MFP is life!

So far so good!
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Jayy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayy wrote:
MFP is life!

I tried to use it a year or two ago and the WP version was utter garbage so I stopped. I was using my plate for a while, they had a great WP version and even had a surface RT app!!! But then they stopped updating and it went to crap. After using nothing for a while since I was injured and just didn't care I tried MFP again and didn't like it so I was using the microsoft app, which was kind of good but didn't account for exercise, it would show it but you'd have to constantly be doing the math. Gave MFP a try again first week of november as I was picking up training figured out the integration to Connect and TP, now I love it.

My only gripe with is it seems to set your calories based on your target weight and then subtracts your deficit. I'm 200lbs and it says I should be eating 1300 calories. Both My plate and the MS app factored your base calories for the day on your current weight entered minus the deficit. It took me a little bit to figure out when it shows I was 500 or so calories over for the day in reality I was still under for my current weight and a realistic deficit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
My only gripe with is it seems to set your calories based on your target weight and then subtracts your deficit. I'm 200lbs and it says I should be eating 1300 calories. Both My plate and the MS app factored your base calories for the day on your current weight entered minus the deficit. It took me a little bit to figure out when it shows I was 500 or so calories over for the day in reality I was still under for my current weight and a realistic deficit.

Pretty sure this isn't true. When I was using MFP to track weight loss it set my calorie goal for current weight less deficit. When I hit 10lbs it asked me if I wanted to recalculate, after I said yes it gave me a new, lower, "base" calorie rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My scale broke the morning of Thanksgiving so I'm in the dark about my overall weight..perfect way to start the HOLIDAYS!!
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:

Pretty sure this isn't true. When I was using MFP to track weight loss it set my calorie goal for current weight less deficit. When I hit 10lbs it asked me if I wanted to recalculate, after I said yes it gave me a new, lower, "base" calorie rate.

On all the other apps I've used the daily calories have changed with every input of a .1lbs up or down.

On my fitness pal it has been 1380 since day one at 200lbs, it has been 1380 when I entered 204 and it has been 1380 when I entered 198.

What you describe is exactly what I"m saying I have a problem with, it shouldn't be asking to reset at 10lbs, that is huge, It should be adjusting as you drop or gain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
noofus wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:

On all the other apps I've used the daily calories have changed with every input of a .1lbs up or down.

On my fitness pal it has been 1380 since day one at 200lbs, it has been 1380 when I entered 204 and it has been 1380 when I entered 198.

What you describe is exactly what I"m saying I have a problem with, it shouldn't be asking to reset at 10lbs, that is huge, It should be adjusting as you drop or gain.

I agree. I realized after that first 10lbs that the 10lb increment is too large. I suspect they have that set up for people with A LOT of weight to lose, where 10lbs isn't actually all that much. After that point I manually kept resetting it after every ~2lbs.

On a different note - 1380 seems WAY too low.

I am 5'7" and right now at 145lbs. When I was trying to lose weight it had me at 1500ish, and now I have it set to 1980 even though I am not actually logging.
Last edited by: noofus: Dec 2, 14 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
Dear santa, I've been a very good boy, and am down to 202.2 lbs as of this am...that's 6 lbs since this thread began. Does that mean I deserve some chicken wings and a good dark beer tonite?

Shit yeah. Ho ho ho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Fatty, I needed that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
Thanks Fatty, I needed that!

As we say in Charm City, you earned that shit like a muhfucka.

So I've broken even through Thanksgiving, battling fattyitis to a draw. I don't consider it a win but the second half has begun and Thanksgiving has been my nemesis. Xmas is no biggie. Bring it.

Starting to run some now and settling into the pathetic in bed at 7 with Netflix routine. Someday I hope to take a good long hard look at my life, maybe re evaluate some things. Til then, another Tanqueray and Tab and keep em comin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
McNulty
Someday I hope to take a good long hard look at my life, maybe re evaluate some things. Til then, another Tanqueray and Tab and keep em comin.

Not recommended - it's just depressing. Much better to just use the words of Dean Wormor as motivation: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Last edited by: stillrollin: Dec 4, 14 6:44
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going back into fatty mode tonight.

Too much of a deficit, haven't been able to finish last 2 trainer rides, finished this mornings but backed off about 25% but bailed 30 minutes early last night.

Eating an entire pizza for dinner, ok 3/4 since the GF will get 2 slices but I move all the peperoni onto my half since she is a vegetarian.

Did hit 195 post workout though this morning, looked good to see on the scale but feel like crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:

Too much of a deficit, haven't been able to finish last 2 trainer rides, finished this mornings but backed off about 25% but bailed 30 minutes early last night.

Eating an entire pizza for dinner, ok 3/4 since the GF will get 2 slices but I move all the peperoni onto my half since she is a vegetarian.

Did hit 195 post workout though this morning, looked good to see on the scale but feel like crap.

Smart. The only problem I see with your plan is the 2 slices to the gf part. Seems a little generous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:

Smart. The only problem I see with your plan is the 2 slices to the gf part. Seems a little generous.

I agree. Unless she commits to Dessert.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Rusty Sprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rusty Sprocket wrote:
McNulty wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:

I agree. Unless she commits to Dessert.

I am not sure that one is fit for that type of dessert with several lbs of cheesey, gas-laden, pizza-slop in one's gut. You run the risk of falling asleep half way through.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only made it to 5 out of 8 slices, larger pizza than usual though and had a bunch (~25?) of sesame/rice crackers with hummus waiting for her to get home from the gym.

Swim this morning was awesome, not sure if it was the calories or the fact I tend to PR on pizza, no PRs but was back on track.

Unfortunately no dessert last night, I was really honestly just too weak from cutting back on the calories but not the workouts, I could barely stand in the kitchen when cooking the pizza and was falling a sleep watching A Million Ways to Die in the West... I need to be really tired for that.

Hopefully some shower dessert after yoga this evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty is on injured reserve. Bad PSA test. Told me to stay off the bike. It's why we should all avoid doctors. I'm getting too old for this shit. Or maybe I'm just getting too old.
Godspeed, Fatty Nation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bike standing up? Killer workout and you could sit for a bit here and there to give the quads a break. Indoors of course, you would look like a tool standing all the time on the road.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
McNulty is on injured reserve. Bad PSA test. Told me to stay off the bike. It's why we should all avoid doctors. I'm getting too old for this shit. Or maybe I'm just getting too old.
Godspeed, Fatty Nation.

Hopefully it's just this. Doctors are good at scaring the hell out of us old guys.
Be well, thanks for the inspiration and hopefully your back at it before spring.
Last edited by: stillrollin: Dec 8, 14 7:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope your all right and it's just pressure on the gland or bph...and I hate to say it but...if you can't bike....you could always...you know...ummm....gulp.....try swimming. No steady state shit, lots of hard intervals. Be the next johny Weissmuller!

PS no injured reserve lists on this thread allowed. HTFU Fatty.
Quote Reply

Prev Next