Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great find! That will be incredible to have on a bike

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Ceramic Speed SRAM OSPW Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_BMNhPecU8

Why is there a RD di2 wire just dangling there on Frederiksen's bike in that video?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Great find! That will be incredible to have on a bike

Yes. Not sure they'll be able to offer real time aero. Stagnation could be an issue too if it remains in that form. Good to see some interest in this sort of thing.

Eta. They will be doings real time as its using the Alphamantis kit.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Last edited by: SkippyKitten: Sep 1, 16 22:19
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Magma wrote:
Hearing of a New Mid Range Canyon Speedmax CF.

105 to Durace. 6 Models.

top model has Full Carbon Clinchers, Dura Ace DI2 for $4500 Euro or Just over 5k USD

http://www.bikeradar.com/...w-speedmax-cf-47994/

Quote:
On to geometry, this bike has a slightly more comfortable position than its older brother the Speedmax CF SLX. So there's a shorter reach and higher stack height,

Booooo. Hisssss.

The world does not need any more short / tall bikes. I'll wait to see the final geo's, but this is disappointing. I would have considered this model when Canyon comes to the US.

x2

The high end Canyon is one of the only bike I can not only hit my stack and reach on but also have room to get lower (aside from TT Shiv, P4)

Disappointed that the geo won't trickle down
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mknight84 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: mknight84: Sep 1, 16 13:08
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a good place to see a collection of what's been shown?

Looking for new adventure/ gravel bikes specifically, and entry low-mid level mountain bikes(sora-105 level stuff).
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I`m taking a trip up to Friedrickshaven tomorrow so will have a look and will take pics of anything new I can find - taking requests :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Magma wrote:

105 to Durace. 6 Models.

top model has Full Carbon Clinchers, Dura Ace DI2 for $4500 Euro or Just over 5k USD

Quote:
On to geometry, this bike has a slightly more comfortable position than its older brother the Speedmax CF SLX. So there's a shorter reach and higher stack height,

Booooo. Hisssss.

The world does not need any more short / tall bikes. I'll wait to see the final geo's, but this is disappointing. I would have considered this model when Canyon comes to the US.

x2

The high end Canyon is one of the only bike I can not only hit my stack and reach on but also have room to get lower (aside from TT Shiv, P4)

It only makes sense for Canyon to make their entry level bikes fit for less commuted athletes. If you are blowing your money on a Shiv or a P5, Canyon already has a competition for these. Making a entry- to mid-level bike in the same geometry will only eat on its own profits, as a competition to its own high end model. It is unlikely will attract P5 people as well as the CF does.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some pics of the Cervélo stall would be nice :-)

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Cervelo is at Eurobike? I looked on the vendors list and they were not there.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true. And I for one am very happy with this geo! Or you could say, I was happy that the SLX didn't fit me, I could just rationally tell myself, phew now I don't have to spend 4500 euro on my next tribike...But now I'm seriously tempted! And at a lower pricepoint, to boot. When you're comparing the SL vs the SLX, taking identically specced bikes, there seems to be a 2000 euro price difference for the frames alone.

I also just noticed going over the specs of the SL, all models come with a carbon basebar. That's a nice touch imo, which Canyon generally does. Only the groups and wheels are significantly better when you pay more, but all the other bits and pieces are already good (assuming the basebar is any good) at the entry level.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervélo ist part of PON and should have a stall next to Focus, Gazelle, Raleigh, Santa Cruz .. sometime they are settled in a complete hall!

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10-4

I looked for PON as an exhibitor as well, but stopped there. I wonder who they are listed under in the exhibitor list.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [kgro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kgro wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:
Power13 wrote:
Magma wrote:

105 to Durace. 6 Models.

Quote:

Booooo. Hisssss.

x2

It only makes sense for Canyon to make their entry level bikes fit for less commuted athletes. If you are blowing your money on a Shiv or a P5, Canyon already has a competition for these. Making a entry- to mid-level bike in the same geometry will only eat on its own profits, as a competition to its own high end model. It is unlikely will attract P5 people as well as the CF does.

NO, and this is exactly the type of minset that the industry needs to move away from.

You can pedestal a "long & low" bike up, often w/o negatively impacting the aerodynamics of the bike. You cannot get a short & tall bike to effectively be longer / lower.

Long & low bikes are more versatile and can be set-up for just about anyone.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see what the new Eddy Merckx road bikes look like. Interested in purchasing either an EM 525 or San Remo 76
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But you can't make a bike that's too long shorter. So you'd have to take an even smaller bike to get the reach to fit and then the pedestal is likely going to be ridiculously tall on a long and low geo bike as a short and tall rider.

It's also worth noting that the SLX only came in three sizes, and the SL will come on fives sizes. Regardless of who fits on what, I think we can all applaud that (and yes I'm probably applauding a bit more than you ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC Impec TT bike?
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
But you can't make a bike that's too long shorter. So you'd have to take an even smaller bike to get the reach to fit and then the pedestal is likely going to be ridiculously tall on a long and low geo bike as a short and tall rider.

It's also worth noting that the SLX only came in three sizes, and the SL will come on fives sizes. Regardless of who fits on what, I think we can all applaud that (and yes I'm probably applauding a bit more than you ;)

The Shiv TT has the same stack for all frame sizes (except the XS)....kinda deflates your first point.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [gd28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gd28 wrote:
I'd love to see what the new Eddy Merckx road bikes look like. Interested in purchasing either an EM 525 or San Remo 76

Someone is selling a Merckx EM525 in the classifieds. Saw it a couple of days ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

The Shiv TT has the same stack for all frame sizes (except the XS)....kinda deflates your first point.

So you're saying its OK to pedestal a bike 20cm?
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Power13 wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

So you're saying its OK to pedestal a bike 20cm?
Yes? But if you need to pedestal 20cm on even a low-stack bike like the Shiv TT you're looking at a pad stack of 700+ mm in which case you might as well just buy something like an S5 and slap on a nice aerobar (that you will probably still need to pedestal 5-10cm). Will probably fit you better, be lighter, ride better and be pretty damn close in aerodynamics if you set it up well.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, no. I'd get the new Canyon bike which will get me that pad stack easily (don't even have to get the largest frameset). Kind of a blanket statement that someone with a 700mm pad stack should just ride a road bike don't you think? S5 plus aerobar would also be about double the cost.

Of course its ridiculous to pedestal a low stack bike like that, which is why Power13's point doesn't make sense at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Well, no. I'd get the new Canyon bike which will get me that pad stack easily (don't even have to get the largest frameset). Kind of a blanket statement that someone with a 700mm pad stack should just ride a road bike don't you think? S5 plus aerobar would also be about double the cost.

Of course its ridiculous to pedestal a low stack bike like that, which is why Power13's point doesn't make sense at all.

What's wrong with riding a so-called road bike if that hits your fit coordinates better? Because it doesn't jive with the marketing/name of a "TT/tri bike"? You could just go with the S2 if you want something cheaper. I'm pretty sure it's more aerodynamic than a whole lot of "TT/tri bikes". But of course it may not be as "sexy" - I guess Tom A. is right when he calls the bike industry a fashion industry.

Why is it ridiculous with 20cm spacers? Because it "looks" off? If it's struturally sound and aerodynamic I don't see the problem. But of course, if it doesn't look right/"sexy" I guess people won't buy it. I know what I choose when I have to decide between "sexy" and fast. I also know that a lot of others (most?) will choose differently than me. I like to stand on the top step of the podium more than riding what someone deems as looking "right", but if others would rather ride what is generally perceived as a "nicer" setup compared to going the fastest they can I guess it's entirely up to them. Just don't tell me that it's the only way to do it just because the majority happen to perceive it as the only right way to set up a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2016 Eurobike Thread - August 31 - September 4 [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

What's wrong with riding a so-called road bike if that hits your fit coordinates better? Because it doesn't jive with the marketing/name of a "TT/tri bike"? You could just go with the S2 if you want something cheaper. I'm pretty sure it's more aerodynamic than a whole lot of "TT/tri bikes". But of course it may not be as "sexy" - I guess Tom A. is right when he calls the bike industry a fashion industry.

Why is it ridiculous with 20cm spacers? Because it "looks" off? If it's struturally sound and aerodynamic I don't see the problem. But of course, if it doesn't look right/"sexy" I guess people won't buy it. I know what I choose when I have to decide between "sexy" and fast. I also know that a lot of others (most?) will choose differently than me. I like to stand on the top step of the podium more than riding what someone deems as looking "right", but if others would rather ride what is generally perceived as a "nicer" setup compared to going the fastest they can I guess it's entirely up to them. Just don't tell me that it's the only way to do it just because the majority happen to perceive it as the only right way to set up a bike.

Mate I'm not telling you to do anything, you're the one telling me what to do... You're also saying if I need to pedestal a Shiv TT 20cm I should get an S5/S2... So make up your mind and get back to me. Is it ridiculous to pedestal that much or isn't it? I'm confused. Not that I particularly care.

Regarding the 20cm pedestal, I think a big problem would be the large drop when I'd be off the pads and on the basebar. I've never tried it, don't need it on my current bike (waiting on confirmation from you whether its sexy, I mean, not too ridiculous to try). Again though, all of this is a non-issue as there are plenty of tri bikes that fit me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next