Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell me about your pre-race warm up [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
This is my routine for >90% of my races:

Show up borderline late. Ride bike from car to check-in station with about 1-2 minutes to spare before the shut down. Get chip, race number, and whatever else they're handing out. Shove all into bag. Look at other people for their body markings. Bust out my own sharpie and mark myself. Run to transition area with bike. Set up as quickly as possible because the time between registration shut down and transition area closing is minimal. Make sure to grab wetsuit, body glide, cap and goggles. Hit the porta potty. Wait 15 minutes in lineup, miss race start, drop body glide in potty, drag onepeice top through urinal. Take care of business, including the nether regions with body glide (note: do this after hitting your neck and where ever else you want lubed, why, don't you wash those other parts). Put wetsuit on to the waist. Run to the swim corral while fighting with my upper portion of the wetsuit. By now, I've worked up a pretty good sweat. Beg a competitor or volunteer to zip me up. Put on cap and goggles. Jump into the water and do no more than 6 strokes out. Stop. Pee , keep going (I really really hope you swim to the side).

More likely scenario

:0)
ps where do you normally keep your body glide during the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about your pre-race warm up [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ps where do you normally keep your body glide during the race

Most of the tri's I do are bag-free. You they have bag corral where you can add to the dump, or you can put your bag outside of transition. Therefore, I leave my transition bag outside of the fence, near my bike. This serves several purposes:
1. Helps me spot which row my bike is in.
2. Since I'm rushing a bunch, I might forget something.
3. I can put body glide into the bag
4. I can grab extra nutrition, shirt, towel, etc when the race is over without interfering with the flow of the other competitors.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about your pre-race warm up [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From your description of your routine you went straight to the swm start, assumed you had special place to put the body glide dispenser.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about your pre-race warm up [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, my warmup is usually out of bed and coffee immediately, then 1-2km easy run from the front door, then it's time for morning ablutions. After that, a few stretches with breakfast, travel to the race, Transition setup, whatever. But the ablutions are the most important pre-race preparation.

Samuel Arthur Medway
Perth, Western Australia
Quote Reply

Prev Next