Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swimming Yards and Meters [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Rambler wrote:
First indoor swim yesterday. I don't feel faster in the dark, gloomy indoor pool even though it's shorter. I just feel sad.

When I travel I find my desire to endure indoor swimming is really low, so much so that I'd probably take up a different sport or activity if I lived up north. Probably go back to hunting a lot more in the winter and then swim outdoors when it was available. Indoors anything is not my thing. This is why my swimming has such huge swings now. When I travel I just have zero desire to get into a stink room of chlorine with no outdoors so I will do an improvised dry land routine instead:/ Weather spoiled pussy here.

Tiger - I am surprised that you of all people find swimming inside hard!!! I too prefer the outdoor pool but, OTOH, I have no prob swimming inside whenever needed. As discussed in earlier posts, our indoor pool has a much better gutter system than our outdoor pool, so swimming inside is much "smoother" with less turbulence, plus the water is rarely too hot or too cold whereas outside is varies virtually every day. And what is this bull about a "stink room of chlorine"??? You are supposed to love the smell of chlorine!!! What is up with you??? You are verging on being a traitor to the swimmers tribe, who will swim in ANY pool, even if it is only 10 yds long:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Yards and Meters [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:
Rambler wrote:
First indoor swim yesterday. I don't feel faster in the dark, gloomy indoor pool even though it's shorter. I just feel sad.

When I travel I find my desire to endure indoor swimming is really low, so much so that I'd probably take up a different sport or activity if I lived up north. Probably go back to hunting a lot more in the winter and then swim outdoors when it was available. Indoors anything is not my thing. This is why my swimming has such huge swings now. When I travel I just have zero desire to get into a stink room of chlorine with no outdoors so I will do an improvised dry land routine instead:/ Weather spoiled pussy here.

Tiger - I am surprised that you of all people find swimming inside hard!!! I too prefer the outdoor pool but, OTOH, I have no prob swimming inside whenever needed. As discussed in earlier posts, our indoor pool has a much better gutter system than our outdoor pool, so swimming inside is much "smoother" with less turbulence, plus the water is rarely too hot or too cold whereas outside is varies virtually every day. And what is this bull about a "stink room of chlorine"??? You are supposed to love the smell of chlorine!!! What is up with you??? You are verging on being a traitor to the swimmers tribe, who will swim in ANY pool, even if it is only 10 yds long:)

Well, I do swim in a salt water pool so I'm anti-chlorine a bit now. Plus the indoors are always so stinking hot. I'm a traitor though I admit. If I have a chance to go bag a whitetail or go swim? No contest. Venison wins. Fishing too. Swimming is my love right now until I retire and then it's fish/hunt and swimming takes a back seat. My retirement focus just takes too much darn time where swimming is 5 minutes from my living room:) But I do love to swim!
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Aug 27, 15 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Yards and Meters [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
I always see instragram photos of the pros swimming outside up in Boulder in the snow
anyone do this?

That looks like fun! My fav days are Dec/Jan when it's maybe 40's out and water is high 70's with sunshine? Can swim all day in that stuff perfect weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming Yards and Meters [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have only swum outside once when it was snowing, or had snowed recently; i don't see how these facilities can afford to heat the water even up to 70-ish if the air is in the teens at night and not above 40 during the day, as it is in CO in January. It just seems that a pool like that would have a massive heating bill in the winter but maybe they charge high fees like $150/mon or something like that. My 2-pool fit center is only $56/month but then we're in a low-cost of living area, espec compared to Boulder:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next