Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SRAM red eTAP [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the road version seems really polished. TT version, not so much. What you will need is frame manufacturers to make a spot to hide the blipbox.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now they only need wireless braking and we're in business.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who needs brakes in a TT???!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ccassidy wrote:

Depends on where the finish line is.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
ccassidy wrote:

And out and back courses.

I have my brake cables hidden from wind. I'm more concerned with my RD cable sticking out in the back. But again, eTap doesn't really offer a good solution for me since my flat TT stem leaves no place to hide the blipbox.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
ccassidy wrote:

And out and back courses.

I have my brake cables hidden from wind. I'm more concerned with my RD cable sticking out in the back. But again, eTap doesn't really offer a good solution for me since my flat TT stem leaves no place to hide the blipbox.

Yeah, maybe they should make a wireless blipbox? Maybe Di3 will do it.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [Mag3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone heard of issues mating the Etap with rotor cranks? I would like to try the Etap but I'm not willing to buy a new power meter if there are problems (currently P2max on a Cervelo). Perhaps the Yaw fr. derailleur chain line compatibility?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [ddub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just built mine up last week with P2M Rotor 3D+
My frame is EVO 386, but no reason you can't get it to work on a cervelo with the right spacers.

Etap is only rated for 11-28 but I got it work with 11-30 and 52-36 sram red chainrings.
FD is a little finicky, and still rubs the chain a bit in big cog, but otherwise good.

Last edited by: Larbot: Apr 14, 16 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [Larbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh glad to hear you got a 11-30 on there! How much of a gap do you have when in the 30? Think you could cheat a 32 on there? Is the b-limit maxed out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That bike looks AMAZING!
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Totally agree!

I am happy with my frame but the no-cables idea is really appealing on the road bike.

eTAP as it current sits has 2 cables for the brakes :)

My P3 has no mechanical cables, di2+magura happiness.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [csontag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is plenty of room to move with the B limit, but the limiter is chain wrap.

I wouldn't bother trying to run an 11-32 unless you plan on using 53-39 cranks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or maybe a 1x setup?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I am runnning a 53x39. All flat races or fast downhills. So I'll be up in the hills from time to time, or a hilly race working for a teammate and I'll use a 32 rear. Good to know I could get it on there and ad some more chain, and lose my 39x11 (ok with me!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice setup!
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [Mag3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bugger, ive only just foumd out its 11 speed only :(

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is what one of my LBS is telling me

"I'm being told that SRAM is mandating that the group only be sold complete till july or august from one rep...he has a complete group but it not allowed to split it up!"

So my question is whether this is universal or just because my local shop us very small. Does anyone else have info on the aero upgrade kit being available without having to split up a full kit?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can the shop not buy it as a complete set and part it out if THEY want to stock the other items.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Can the shop not buy it as a complete set and part it out if THEY want to stock the other items.

I already asked and they aren't willing to do that. I tried my best to support the local business but they just don't want my business bad enough. Completely their choice but doesn't motivate me to go there next time I need something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand their choice BUT if they really wanted your business they would have made it happen.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
I understand their choice BUT if they really wanted your business they would have made it happen.

Perhaps the LBS is bound by some agreement with SRAM?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That might be the case but I am seeing a lot of cranks on Ebay right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
BMANX wrote:

I already asked and they aren't willing to do that. I tried my best to support the local business but they just don't want my business bad enough. Completely their choice but doesn't motivate me to go there next time I need something.

LBSs are in a tight bind. They have agreements with manufacturers. A couple times I've convinced my LBS to break up bike purchases, e.g. "Give me the Cervelo P5-6, only I don't need the wheels. I already have wheels." And they did it for me, but clearly were afraid of the manufacturer finding out. The salesman referred to is as "gray market." (Cervelo wasn't the actual manufacturer in this case...just an example). Of course it's done with saddles all the time, but I think manufacturers give the LBS a pass on saddles, usually.

Some online retailers break these agreements all the time. As some LBS people have pointed out you can buy a Dura-Ace 9000 group online for less than the cost charged to an LBS .

None of this is your (the customer's) fault. Just pointing out that the bike industry hasn't yet figured out a new business model that works in the new age of the InterWebs and cheap, fast global shipping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
BMANX wrote:

I'm not sure why you're taking a me vs. them stance here.
Sometimes you're not able to do something that someone asks of you, it doesn't decrease your worth.

This is your ask:
Shop, spend your money on the complete set of items, but I'm only going to pay you for a couple annndd that might not be enough to cover your cost. Then, I know that money is tight but go ahead and sit on those extra items until you can sell them. Discount them if you have to. Watch your profit blow away in the wind.

I think you're being silly.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:

This is your ask:
Shop, spend your money on the complete set of items, but I'm only going to pay you for a couple annndd that might not be enough to cover your cost. Then, I know that money is tight but go ahead and sit on those extra items until you can sell them. Discount them if you have to. Watch your profit blow away in the wind.

I think you're being silly.

You think I'm being silly for asking them to do something I've heard other shops doing? You are do titled to your opinion I suppose. It doesn't hurt to ask and it's completely up to them to do it or not. It just depends on how important it us to earn themselves a new customer. I've never made a big purchase here before but I was clear that I wanted to try to support the local business, which us why I was willing to hand over $300 for a deposit and let them try to get me the product with no firm timeline. I've held out hope and been patient for several months. I respect their business decision but it's time for me to move on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next