Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SRAM red eTAP
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had the luxury of trying this yet? If so.. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [Mag3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Played with it at lbs when sram rep brought a demo in. Very cool. Shifted crisply. Will probably by a mini group when it is available.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are they available anywhere yet?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard you can only get the shifters if you also buy a Quarq power meter as well. Sounded odd, so I looked it up and SRAM owns Quarq. So they must be doing a deal to try to move some power meters for a while.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Jan 2, 16 14:33
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Initially, the full group is the only one offered and comes with a Quarq. In April, mini groups are available sans cranks. Quarq is a Red 22 with different decals. I think the full goes for 2800 while the mini is around 1500. Red 22 quarqs are usually north of 2k.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
Red 22 quarqs are usually north of 2k.
A non sale price, and one that is found in the first 30 seconds of your shopping effort, is $1300-1500.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Bought mine last year for $1200 on sale and down from 2k. Did a quick search myself and the only $1300 ish options come with no chain rings and/or are compact. Full standard (not compact) units are trending in the 2k range. Only one full came up cheap and it was compact with limited crank length.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
Initially, the full group is the only one offered and comes with a Quarq. In April, mini groups are available sans cranks. Quarq is a Red 22 with different decals. I think the full goes for 2800 while the mini is around 1500. Red 22 quarqs are usually north of 2k.

$2800 is awesome value for the full groupset with a power meter... very tempted
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [jpwiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too...

And the little blip shifters are just awesome. I just can't get anyone to tell me I can get this - full group set with quark or not (though at this price point not sure why you wouldn't want the quark power meter....). P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [jpwiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpwiki wrote:
$2800 is awesome value for the full groupset with a power meter... very tempted
If you want both, and were buying them new, it's a decent deal.

The 2nd hand resell market for PMs kind of sucks. If you don't want the PM, I don't think you'd come ahead by selling the PM and keeping the shifting portion of the groupset.

I guess I'll be waiting for the mini groupset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I really don't care to back and forth on quarq prices.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's fine, but they're not $2K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, Sherlock.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How confident are you with this info - price and timing? Not trying to sound mean but it's got me excited and I want to know how excited I should be...

I heard elsewhere, $4-5k.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what the rep told the lbs guys. That's as far as my info goes. The shop was taking pre orders for $2800ish.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's encouraging.

Here's some confirmation as well. -

The full eTap group will retail for $2,758 / €2,691 / £2,059. You can also buy just the shifters and derailleurs to work with existing 11-speed SRAM components, with the 260g levers at $290 / £205 each, the 239g rear derailleur at $590 / £420 and the 187g front derailleur at $370 / £265.

http://www.bikeradar.com/...sram-red-etap-49810/
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello jnags7 and All,

https://www.sram.com/...ducing-sram-red-etap

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My shop is expecting them end of January/early February as the upgrade kits which will include shifters, derailleurs, batteries and chargers. Not sure about the upgrade kit including blips
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's your shop - and can i get secure a group set from you? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, Slowtwitch will be doing a long term review of ETap and I should be receiving my set from SRAM next week. In speaking to them over the holidays, they are pretty much on schedule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
disclosure, i represent sram and i have had the luxury of putting almost 1000 miles on an eTap road group in recent weeks its the real deal, but you probably would have guessed my reaction.

as for retail availability, i would contact your preferred retailer asap. the first complete groupsets - which include a red quarq powermeter, brakes, chain, cassette, batteries, and a charger - will start shipping to a limited number of retailers in early February.

"mini groups" as called here - shifters and derailleurs, will be available in the months following with the red eTap crank. blips are included in the aero package. blips are sold separately for road set ups, as are additional batteries and chargers.

and yes, the 4 pc groups are compatible with all sram road 22 cranks and yaw compatible chainrings. know that there is a new graphic on Red eTap and Red Quarq eTap cranks and new all black yaw chainrings.

from what i understand, availability of groups will be few and far between.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [kevcogroup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are "blips" the only aero shifters? Or is there going to be a traditional aerobar extension shifter with 2 buttons on it?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the aero groups include a total of 4 blips - a pair to be positioned on the extensions (left and right) and at each brake. the blips are wired to the blip box; the blip box sends the wireless signal to the derailleur.

the blips are unlike a traditional shifter that inserts at the end of the extension. by this design, the rider can position the blips anywhere they feel most comfortable. i can say i have seen no two set ups that are alike. you could in fact 'load' a pair of blips onto one extension, but only if you think you have the finger dexterity to press both at the same time to shift the front derailleur.

google images has several examples, here is one - you can see the blips have been wrapped discretely by the bar tape.

Quote Reply
Re: SRAM red eTAP [kevcogroup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are each of the blips 1 button or 2? meaning if i put 1 blip on an extension does that just give me the ability to shift one way or two?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply

Prev Next