Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Post:Anyone here use the Speedo Vanquisher? I have noticed my last couple of pairs dry rotted really quickly around the eye pieces. Maybe just a bad batch, but ready to try a different Rx brand next time if my current pair goes doo doo.

I've used the Vanquishers for years. Never had a problem with the 3 or 4 pair I've gone through. Mine have been indestructible and I've only binned them because of badly scratched lenses.. They're the only ones that don't fog up on me. Everything else seems to.

formerly but still a Run Snail...
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sad(or scary).....when I read the thread title I pictured some guy who was well hung in a speedo standing on the pool deck. Been stuck inside on the trainer for too long.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
G-man wrote:
I don't think swimmers brag about much. They just put you in your place in the swim.

That is why it was in pink... I know I'm not an ex collegiate swimmer.

LOL, got me good! Well, I'm a swimmer who does triathlons, but should seriously consider switching to Aquabike races!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was coming here to brag about my equipment, but then I was quickly reminded that I'm not really a swimmer.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alittleslow wrote:
Pretty sad(or scary).....when I read the thread title I pictured some guy who was well hung in a speedo standing on the pool deck. Been stuck inside on the trainer for too long.

I thought about posting my "equipment" but I don't want to scare the womens.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [Nick Mallett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Mallett wrote:
Who remembers the Carbon BlueSeventy Goggles from a few years ago?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...n%20goggles;#2963806

-----

priceless....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sporti optical pro II goggles. These have correction so I don't have to use contact lenses. I have two pairs that I bought 2 years ago. Haven't used the 2nd pair yet. The first pair is going strong and I swim 3 times week. Only $7.95. I wish all gear held up and worked this well. I have tried speedo vanquisher and they did not hold up as well. The other brands I used in past were not as comfortable as the sporti.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just busted out a new swim brief!

The lifeguard's liiiike it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cheapskate version of the thread: I make my bands by cutting up old race caps ! Saves, what, 25-30 bucks ?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [toreishi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toreishi wrote:
The cheapskate version of the thread: I make my bands by cutting up old race caps ! Saves, what, 25-30 bucks ?

I wear Swedes and have the same kickboard, buoy, fins, paddles and equipment bag from high school. Yay cheap swimmers!

I also still have my full length fastskin. It's come in handy once as a costume, but I can't bear to part with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TexanTriathlete wrote:
^ what are those?

Speed Socket by Speedo

http://www.speedousa.com/...ocket-goggle-1.shtml

They also come in polarized if you really want to have some of the most expensive goggles ever ($65)

It's easy to make excuses, but excuses don't make champions.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [ratherbeswimmin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ratherbeswimmin wrote:
toreishi wrote:

I wear Swedes and have the same kickboard, buoy, fins, paddles and equipment bag from high school. Yay cheap swimmers!

I also still have my full length fastskin. It's come in handy once as a costume, but I can't bear to part with it.

Ya but how long ago was HS for you??? I still use the same stuff from HS plus my QR wetsuit from 1988:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a sweet Speedo bag that I got back in about 1988. I also have a much newer one.

A few years back I had a padlock for the gym clipped onto one of the straps. Changed gyms, didn't need the lock at the new one and eventually forgot the combo. my lovely wife tired of the lock flopping around and banging on stuff and decided the best way to remove it was to just cut the strap off of that crappy old bag. I've never been closer to having an ex-wife.

As for goggles I used Speedo Sprints forever. Stopped finding them in the local stores so I switched to vanquishers which are fine. As an added bonus I can get them RX for around $20.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
I have a sweet Speedo bag that I got back in about 1988. I also have a much newer one.

A few years back I had a padlock for the gym clipped onto one of the straps. Changed gyms, didn't need the lock at the new one and eventually forgot the combo. my lovely wife tired of the lock flopping around and banging on stuff and decided the best way to remove it was to just cut the strap off of that crappy old bag. I've never been closer to having an ex-wife.

As for goggles I used Speedo Sprints forever. Stopped finding them in the local stores so I switched to vanquishers which are fine. As an added bonus I can get them RX for around $20.

Got me beat on the bags: my old Speedo bag is from around 1997, and got a new one just last October, with my name "Eric" embroidered on it for an extra $8, just in case there are a bunch of navy blue Speedo backpacks at my next tri or masters meet:)

As for goggles, I used the original Speedo goggles for many yrs but then they were discontinued, so now I've been using same pair of Swedes for about 6 yrs or so. Just had to get a new bungee strap a few weeks ago, and had to replace that expensive piece of string last summer. Talk about your low cost goggles!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Cyclists get to talk about their bikes, wheels, bars, saddles, helmets, yada yada....

Runners have endless discussion on what shoes and compression socks they like.

I got a new pair of goggles. I couldn't find any Tyr Socket Rockets locally, so I decided to try these out. Arena Pure - clear. They are pretty decent, but I have a big head and the headband seems a tad short.

This might be the shortest thread in ST history.

Well I have...
A pink adult pull buoy
A pink jr. pull buoy
A Finis swim snorkey
A Finis Freestyle Snorkel
Speedo Swim Fins
TYR "freestyle" paddles
3 silicone swim caps (I'm cue ball bald)
1 tempo trainer
1 Sony Sport headset
1 broken SwimMP3 ipod case
Speedo basic bag
Speedo back pack
Garmin Swim watch
Finis Tempo Trainer
4 dozen home made work out cards...

I pick the center lane (assuming that the local version of RealAlbertan or mulk isn't in the pool) pile all of that shit up and proceed to swim with out using any of it outside of the Garmin Swim (since I'm too frickin' dumb to know how to count! And the tempo trainer. Usually have the lane all to myself... LOL

Oh yeah and a water bottle from one of last years tri's. Keeping up the stereotype can be a lot of work :D
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A name like Rusty and you have 2 pink pull buoys??? Or should most of your post have been in pink???

Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to buy blue ones but people kept stealing the friggin' things - nobody steals the pink ones, not even girls ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
I used to buy blue ones but people kept stealing the friggin' things - nobody steals the pink ones, not even girls ;)

Do you put your initials or just a big "R" on them, in black Magic Marker??? That's how I've kept the same PB, board, etc, for the past 20 yrs: I put a big "E" on them. Also, just FYI, there are 3 women who swim at my club who have their own pink pull buoys. But I imagine you are secure enough in your masculinity to use the pink ones:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have like 8 swim briefs, 1 drag suit, small paddles, large paddles, 3 swim caps, speed socket goggles, shampoo and conditioner. All of it in a cheap clubswim mesh bag.
Last edited by: WyoWill: Mar 6, 14 22:02
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the same goggles for about 5 years it seems. One pair for training, one for racing and I wash them out after every swim. Racers are Speedo's, the trainers are freebies I got with wetsuit. I'd love to buy new ones...but can't justify it really. I got new training jammers for my birthday...even though I didn't need them as my old Arena ones are never gunna die either.

Oh, I did get some new racing jammers from Engine which are pretty trick. And some Finis Zoomers for training after I wore out my old fins. But thats kind of it for swim kit. Pretty simple compared to biking.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

Swedish goggles and swedish women. Sweet!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers brag about equipment thread.... [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always been intrigued about the Swedes (the goggles) but as I haven't pool raced in years never thought I'd bother with them in O/W. Do you race O/W in them? Longer distances? Do they get painful?

tridork wrote:
+1

Swedish goggles and swedish women. Sweet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Cyclists get to talk about their bikes, wheels, bars, saddles, helmets, yada yada....

Runners have endless discussion on what shoes and compression socks they like.

I got a new pair of goggles. I couldn't find any Tyr Socket Rockets locally, so I decided to try these out. Arena Pure - clear. They are pretty decent, but I have a big head and the headband seems a tad short.

This might be the shortest thread in ST history.

Well I have...
A pink adult pull buoy
A pink jr. pull buoy
A Finis swim snorkey
A Finis Freestyle Snorkel
Speedo Swim Fins
TYR "freestyle" paddles
3 silicone swim caps (I'm cue ball bald)
1 tempo trainer
1 Sony Sport headset
1 broken SwimMP3 ipod case
Speedo basic bag
Speedo back pack
Garmin Swim watch
Finis Tempo Trainer
4 dozen home made work out cards...

I pick the center lane (assuming that the local version of RealAlbertan or mulk isn't in the pool) pile all of that shit up and proceed to swim with out using any of it outside of the Garmin Swim (since I'm too frickin' dumb to know how to count! And the tempo trainer. Usually have the lane all to myself... LOL

Oh yeah and a water bottle from one of last years tri's. Keeping up the stereotype can be a lot of work :D

Seriously, you mens are lightweights!!

I've got:
A pink pull buoy WITH my initials on it in texta.
Matching pink fins. Make note - that was color co-ordinated fins.
Paddles. Not matching unfortunately.
Recycled tire ankle strap (used once with embarrassing results)
2 kickboards (never used, I grab the pool ones)
Indoor or night time goggles.
Daylight goggles.
Spare goggles.
small tube of baby shampoo for de-fogging goggles.
Five caps, including my named squad cap because I need various colors to co-ordinate with whatever swimmers I'm wearing.
2 Aquaskin wet suits.
Swimming watch.
Workout cards (never used)

In my travelling pack:
Swim tether.
Tempo trainer (to prevent insanity while using the tether in hotel pools)
Spare spare goggles.
Spare swim cap.

In my 'A' wetsuit bag:
Open water goggles
Another tube of baby shampoo
3 caps including 2 fluoro colored for good visibility and one IM race cap
Bodyglide

In my 'B' wetsuit bag:
Spare spare spare goggles
'B' wetsuit
Vaseline
Another IM race cap

And I haven't even started on the shampoos, lotions and potions, towels, swimming activity specific clothing or other miscellaneous shit that's rolling around the bottom of my many swim bags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keeping up the stereotype can be a lot of work :D

You're doing it admirably.

<mutter under breath> feckin tri-geeks.... </mutter>

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Keeping up the stereotype can be a lot of work :D

You're doing it admirably.

<mutter under breath> feckin tri-geeks.... </mutter>

Well, thank you... I guess. Just to mess with the real swimmers I circle swim and lane down when I'm out classed. ;) (re: JohnnyO's thread)
Quote Reply

Prev Next