Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [retzel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK...that's a lot of pad stack...let's see what it takes to get there on a Large SC7 frame:

the Large SC frame has native frame stack of 541mm...add 10mm minimum for the combination of headset cap and a 5mm spacer under the stem (Bontrager recommended minimum) plus 20mm for half of the stem clamp height. I believe the Brezza2 has about the same minimum pad stack as our SC RXL bar at ~45mm. adding all that up we're at 616 or so.

which stem angle depends on how many spacers 3T says you can safely put under the Brezza pads, and the length will fall out from that.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
OK...that's a lot of pad stack...let's see what it takes to get there on a Large SC7 frame:

the Large SC frame has native frame stack of 541mm...add 10mm minimum for the combination of headset cap and a 5mm spacer under the stem (Bontrager recommended minimum) plus 20mm for half of the stem clamp height. I believe the Brezza2 has about the same minimum pad stack as our SC RXL bar at ~45mm. adding all that up we're at 616 or so.

which stem angle depends on how many spacers 3T says you can safely put under the Brezza pads, and the length will fall out from that.

this was a photo of me

maybe i could still fit on a lower pad stack with a better fit

i have long legs and short torso. sizing up would be a compromise on my reach

thanks carl!
Last edited by: retzel: Dec 9, 11 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [need4speed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone knows the drag difference between the speed concept 7 series and the 9 series? is there any data out there?

also, are there any improvements in the 2012 vs the 2011?

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [anthro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
google trek white paper speed concept; but in general 50-100 grams depending on yaw, with a portion of that attributed to aerobar differences
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, on the SC 7.5 I have all the spacers removed from under the stem (except one 5mm per label). In order to further drop the bars is our only option to go to an adjustable stem? My stem is currently flipped to the lower position.

I'm currently about 12.5cm drop and would like to try about 14 per FIST. I'm sure I can tweak my pads to get a hair more, but won't get 2 cm.

ps regarding pad distance I removed the velcro pads and found I could adjust the pads by simply re-bolting the pad mount....so I don't think I'll need to try a longer stem. And the longer stem would only further raise my bars. I was unaware these were adjustable in this manner until I removed the velcro pad.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try a -17deg stem?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need a source for a replacement seatpost wedge bolt nut.

ironneo
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ironneo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(source?) Spec is

M6 x 1 x 20mm SS Socket Head Cap Screw

What is the max torque spec engraved on your seatpost clamp: 11Nm or 7.2Nm? If the former, you can get the latter as a warranty replacement.

Carl Matson

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7.2 nm
But I need the nut it screws into - in my haste to disassemble the bike post-IM AZ, the nut fell into the frame and won't come out.
Easier to just order a new wedge assembly? and if so, what is the source/address - have looked at Trek/Bontrager site and cannot find a source.

Thanks,
Rob

ironneo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah...my mistake (reading too fast)...you need the barrel nut I take it, not the bolt. PM me your particulars and let's see what I can find.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry - have not posted much so cannot PM yet.
but you can email me at rlyleneon8@mac.com
Thanks!

ironneo
Quote Reply
LBS fail [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS lost the cable stop that goes in the end of the chainstay for the rear derailleur. They aren't a Trek dealer so I need to order it - what's the part #?
Quote Reply
Re: LBS fail [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di2 or regular cable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
W295986

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: LBS fail [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
old school cable, not fancy new wire :)

Thanks Carl!
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Dec 12, 11 17:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll send you one via old school snail mail if you PM me your address.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironneo wrote:
7.2 nm
But I need the nut it screws into - in my haste to disassemble the bike post-IM AZ, the nut fell into the frame and won't come out.
Easier to just order a new wedge assembly? and if so, what is the source/address - have looked at Trek/Bontrager site and cannot find a source.

Thanks,
Rob

Umm you might want to go fishing for that nut :) . Gonna rattle like, well nuts prolly. Shouldn't it come right out the BB once you take off rear brake and crank? Or do you think it went elsewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull the crank and it should be sitting right there. OR, pull the seat post and flip the bike upside-down. There aren't too many places it can be and you really don't want it down around your crank spindle anyway - that's a moving part.

Insidious wrote:
Umm you might want to go fishing for that nut :) . Gonna rattle like, well nuts prolly. Shouldn't it come right out the BB once you take off rear brake and crank? Or do you think it went elsewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where'd you get that thing painted?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a project one paint job that I choose but they don't allow it anymore, at least I don't think they do.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: LBS fail [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Help me out, I've finally become flexible to use just the 5 mm spacer, but I don't have the 30 mm screw needed to tighten it. What is the part number for the 30 mm? Do you think my local Trek might have these in stock, or will I need to order a set of four? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Help I am looking at the Speed 7 frame but I HATE the way the wire are exposed behind the stem ! If I get the 7 frame will I be able to use the speed concept race x lite stem? The LBS said it was built into the frame but I am not so sure! It says compatible with speed concept bikes but no numbers !please help need to order the bike asap!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [dtrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtrog wrote:
Help I am looking at the Speed 7 frame but I HATE the way the wire are exposed behind the stem ! If I get the 7 frame will I be able to use the speed concept race x lite stem? The LBS said it was built into the frame but I am not so sure! It says compatible with speed concept bikes but no numbers !please help need to order the bike asap!

If you are asking can the 9 series specific "stem" can be used on the 7 the answer is no. Its more like a pedestal than a stem and mounts to the top of the 9 series bike with vertically inserted bolts. Completely different than traditional stems. A 7 series is going to use horizontally clamping bolts to attach the stem to the steerer tube of the fork.

Think box on a box for the 9 series and hand clamped onto a pipe for the 7 series (and most bikes).
Quote Reply
Re: LBS fail [Cgoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the SC RXL bolt kit with all lengths included is the only "official" way to order it from a Trek dealer...PN 420693. Some dealers might decide to get a set or two of the 420693 kits and break them down just for situations like this...or if your dealer has sold several SC9 bikes it's possible they've ended up with some leftover bar hardware (in the event a customer didn't want to take it with them)...worth asking anyway.

The spec is M6x30mm SCM435 steel, in case you wanted to go it alone at the hardware store. A quick google search shows alloy equivalents to SCM435 include AISI4135 , 35CrMo , 34CrMo4.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I had a chain drop during the Austin 70.3 and it got wedged in there really good. I kept shifting and spinning to fix it and eventually it reset. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except where the chain fell when it dropped.

I removed my crankset a couple of days ago and saw this:

The carbon is fine and it appears that only the paint was victimized. What can I do about that? Can I order touchup paint from my LBS?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next