Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replace that 1K swim with a 10K run, add plenty of hills, and you've got Powerman Zofingen. That's the race for you, ML.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is this "flip turn" of which you speak?

Not a lotta those in the races I've been doing. Not that I can do one to save my life to begin with.
Walls either. Perhaps that's part of my problem?
;-)

Actually, for all my griping about swimming, I actually kinda enjoy o/w swimming.
It's the wall-tag I get sick of pretty quickly.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - PM Zofi would be a great race for me.

But since my passport hasn't been dusted off since my honeymoon, I'll satisfy my RBR needs at American Zofingen again this year. I plan on winning lots of your $. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, put it some where in Ca that one would want to go and stay at. I just got back from the sticks at WF.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have plenty that work just fine already, at least where I live.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
How about an actual test of who is the better athlete [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The swimmer, the biker, or the runner.

8 mile swim @ 1:25 per 100/m 3:02:23
75 mile bike @ 23 mph 3:15:39
27 mile run @ 7 m/m 3:09:00

9:27:02 w/o transition.
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is this "flip turn" of which you speak?

it's... never mind. something real swimmers do ;)

Not a lotta those in the races I've been doing. Not that I can do one to save my life to begin with.
Walls either. Perhaps that's part of my problem?
;-)

there were lots of them in the tri I did Saturday. The swim course was in a scy pool. My swim time sucked :( it is a lot harder to swim when you have to share a lane and there are people all around you pulling your water right out from under you!!! or trying to stay right on your hip!!!

Actually, for all my griping about swimming, I actually kinda enjoy o/w swimming.
It's the wall-tag I get sick of pretty quickly.

I like open water swimming because you can just go and swim distance without turning... I like workout swimming because it is fun to race through sets on fast intervals :) now that I'm home, I can swim with the local master's group, I love it. There's no coach, but one of the guys who I swim with swam in college and has coached several college teams, and he writes all our workouts - I just show up and swim, it's wonderful.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DUDE! That is Formula One! THat is what I am talkin' bout!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: How about an actual test of who is the better athlete [j3ckyl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 mi swim = 14,080 yds

my shoulders are sore just thinking about that

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You censored my quote. "fucking" is missing.

Sounds to me like your solely focused on your physical appearance and status.
Why don't you quit triathlon and go to a fashion show or something? It would suit you.

Last edited by: synchronicity: May 9, 07 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6/180/40.
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You used the F-word in both your post and your signature.

Congratulations, Bud Light salutes you Mr. Internet Profanity Guy!
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [tokateeboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a 1/2 IM in Bend (Pacific Crest) coming up in June (23rd). It is a pretty decent venue - Sunriver/Mt. Bachelor - but the run is somewhat confusing due to a 5k/10k/1/2 marathon and full marathon all using the same paths.

Also the new Chelanman 1/2 IM in Washington (July 22) has the potential to be a great race with an incredibly scenic venue and the same race director as the Grand Columbian.

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how about swim .3 miles/bike 8 miles/run 2 miles/swim .3 miles/bike 8 miles/ run 2 miles.. a sprint double where you come off the run and head back in the water to do it all over again.....

Something like this already exists - I think it's called "24 Hours of Triathlon" @ http://www.24hoursoftriathlon.com/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree re more multi-day multisport events like Desoto TTT - I think you'd sell out immediately if you put it in a nice setting. Race are great but waiting around all weekend to race on Sunday is no fun, that's why sometimes monster training weekends are more fun than races.

For me, perfect race distance would be like 12/ mile swim (enough to justify owning a wetsuit), 80 mile bike and 10K trail run. Nice long race but without nice long recover due to shorter run on trials
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

Lake Santa Margerita is 30 miles from San Luis Obispo. I think just about everyone could find a place to stay there. Camping and Triathlon in my book simply are not meant to go together, ever.

K

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you quit triathlon and go to a fashion show or something? It would suit you.

That is pretty funny since I was speaking generally and not specifically about my personal views. As for caring more about appearance and status, that is a laugh. If that is the case I would sell my Yaqui and buy a Cervelo. And probably train 15 hours less per week than I do. I suspect the people who know me at the races I do think I belong just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to learn to love biking.

The first thing you need to learn is that it is cycling not biking, so you are not confused with the guys riding Harleys wearing leather jackets. :)
It sounds like you have too much emotional baggage holding you back from your youth. Swimmers seem to carry it around more than other sports. Just let it go and you will be free. None of us blame you for what you have done in the past. Move forward and discover a new world that awaits you. Fly free!

Chad

P.S. It helps to keep your credit card handy. I have not bought a new pair of shoes in 15 months, but just yesterday my new Q-ring came in and I put it on the new bike. I love trying new stuff on my bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Cycling.

"emotional baggage," that's a funny phrase to use. No. My point was I just didn't really learn how when I was a kid so I have to do it now :) sans horn and streamers...

Swimmers seem to carry it around more than other sports. Just let it go and you will be free. None of us blame you for what you have done in the past. Move forward and discover a new world that awaits you. Fly free!
LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you about multi-day races. Including the race, I unfortunately had my biggest volume training week ever in Klagenfurt for IM Austria. It was just too pretty to not train, so I trained and probably left a bit of my race on the roads in the week before the race started.
Last edited by: Jon: May 10, 07 4:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
                 You want a multi-day destination races.We are still happily accepting applications for Ultraman Canada or if you want to go to the tropics there is Ultraman Hawaii.If you really want to have an epic training week you could go to Mexico in Nov and do the Deca-Iron World Challenge.Ten days of multi-sport fun and cheap beer.
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a website for the Mexico event?
Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Build it and I will come, but why such a long run?

Quote | Reply
Chad, what cranks are you using with the Q rings? The high sierra cranks do not fit with q rings.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: New triathlon places and distances you would like to see [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, but those lakes are in the sticks.

Have you done Donner? Talk about the prettiest race I have ever done. And, you could rent a place on the lake, or stay at Lake Tahoe or Reno in the
same driving distance.

Dave

Quote Reply

Prev Next