Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kraft making comeback! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheating shows a lack of integrity. Lack of integrity refers to a persons character, ethics, and honer. Cheaters cheat Dude.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [giuseppe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and you have never ever cheated? not in class? not running a red light? not a rolling stop sign? never made your tax return look good? never lied? never took a quick glance on the exam of someone sitting next to you?

wow...you're amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It takes a lot of integrity to own up to cheating rather than attempt to obscure the truth once caught.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"and you have never ever cheated? not in class? not running a red light? not a rolling stop sign? never made your tax return look good? never lied? never took a quick glance on the exam of someone sitting next to you?

wow...you're amazing."

1) Class: Never

2) Red Light: Yes

3) Taxes: No

4) Exam: Never

5) Amazing: My wife & kids think so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you realize that running a red light can kill someone...as far as I am concerned, you should have your driver's licence revoked forever. No second chance.
rather have someone who cheats in sport and only risk her life than someone who runs red lights and risk people's lives.
just food for thought on 'lack of integrity'....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weak
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
indeed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad you agree...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois I like ya and all, but to compare running a red light with an athlete doping!?
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the rules say, that she will be allowed back into competition next year, and I can live with that. Still not completely comfortable with the 2 year ban. Four years would be better in my mind, even for a first offense. That would REALLY make people think about their actions and the implications. With 2 years, what I have seen is athletes taking the hit and then almost immediately plotting their comeback - nothing wrong with that, the rules say they can do it, but I think that it leaves a bad taste in many people's mouths. I hear that Pro cyclist David Millar is lobbying to have his suspension shortened slightly so that he can compete in next summers' Tour de France.

It won't be easy for Kraft. If she can come back and compete clean under that sort of pressure, then I respect that.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wanna check the stats and see how many people DIE on the roads every year because people run red lights?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not advocating running red lights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to compare running a red light and testing positive for a banned steroid is completely ridiculous. There have to be some lingering effects of the high levels she was able to train at for the time she was doping. I think all athletes who test positive for steroids should be banned. The reason is not that they have a propensity to cheat again, rather the playing field will never be even due to the time she was able to push her body beyond its natural limits due to EPO. If you can show reliable, repeatable data which does not support this and does in fact support the idea that she does not still benefit from past EPO use, then I think she should be allowed to race again. Regardless, I will not cheer for her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Cheating shows a lack of integrity. Lack of integrity refers to a persons character, ethics, and honer. Cheaters cheat Dude."

The fact that Nina admitted using PEDs certainly shows integrity.

When have you EVER heard an active athlete admit to that?

And, while others have been pehalized for PED use, I can't think of anyone who has endured the harsh and vocal remprimand that Nina has solely because she had the "honor" to admit her mistake. She could have taken the easy path and claimed any one of the standard excuses for testing positive, which would have left doubt in enough people's minds to soften the rebuke. This world would be a much, much better place if more people displayed that kind of integrity and honor.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [trican1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normally I would agree. Do your crime, do your time. Not in this case. She stole a moment from other athletes and blaming it on her being 'easily led' is not a justification. She cheated, she got caught. Sure let her race, just don't expect a red carpet and hell of a lot of cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"""Cheating shows a lack of integrity. Lack of integrity refers to a persons character, ethics, and honer. Cheaters cheat Dude"""

Common thoughts but not hard evidence, nice try. Very far from proof that she will cheat again. Many have cheated on things in the past, including PEDS, and have not cheated again. So once again, I am asking for solid proof that she is going to cheat again, as you said she would.

Oh and it is nice of yourself to call yourself a cheater for running red lights.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't apologize to me, to each his own, I said in my original post that friends and family were excluded. I'm sure she's a great person, and I'm not going to actively boo her or yell ignorant crap at her during the marathon, but I'm sure not going to be cheering her on.

Every one of us gets to pick who to root for for ourselves and her past actions have lost me as a fan, just as McGwire, Bonds, Palmeiro, TO etc. have in other sports. At this rate it seems that pretty soon I won't have anyone to root for :(

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Last edited by: Strider124: Nov 11, 05 7:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also wonder how much faster all the drafters in IM racers go...
maybe 10-15' on the bike and an other 10min on the run...20-25min...hmmm..EPO doesn't give you that edge. Maybe we should give a 2 year suspension to all drafters as well.
that'd clear up the courses.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flanagan EPO benefits dimishes over time once the product is stopped. If she has taken an extended break from training then most if not all of the positive changes should have reversed. The benfit to EPO, is that it allows one to work harder than possible, recover quicker due to the hard work being a lessor % of max effort due to increase O2 carrying ability that the body has.

Once she has stopped and the product has cleared, then her efforts, at the same wattage, would require a greater % of her max ability and she will revert back.

It is similiar to adding a third lung and an extra L. ventricle. great while you have them but take them away the benefits decline over time.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Nov 11, 05 7:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, zero tolerance !!! That rocks.

Seriously though I want snipers on the course picking off the drafters with rifles.......
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we need more people who cheat in sports, and that would make the world a better place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheating shows a lack of integrity. Lack of integrity refers to a persons character, ethics, and honer. Cheaters cheat Dude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taking EPO was something Kraft chose to do.

Something she knew was wrong when she did it. This is not a suplement issue - this was pure out "I took EPO, I knew it was wrong when I took it."

Banned for Life should be the result - anything less calls into question the integrity of the sport.

I don't applaud those who harrassed Beke at Kona this year as he was cleared.

I will, however, applaud those who point out to Kraft she is a CHEATER loudly and clearly to her - I hope it makes her quit, she is a disgrace to the sport.

She did it on purpose. She did it to win. She can't earn back her integrity - it wasn't a mistake, it was an "on purpose".

Tri Hard !

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
think snipers could take care of the tires? that'd be great to clean up the mess ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Bing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok. so basically you're saying that she should have done like everyone else caught doping, lie to everyone and say 'I didn't do it, it was for my dog, I had a cold, I was a bit tired' you name it...and start a court process then today she'd be free to race...because her case would be like the case of Berasategui and co. so she would be cleared of all charges and no one would think twice about it...
Quote Reply

Prev Next