Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:
eggplantOG wrote:
Rapp had the best one! He should run it on biodiesel, not even that hard to make. I will never understand performance cars..

This is obvious. You don't run that engine on bio diesel cheaply or without removing the particulate filter. What was it you were saying about the environment?

But rapp if you want to make some more power out of it without hurting your mpg let me know ;)

Why would biodiesel be expensive? I mean it might take some time and a small initial investment to make it but regular diesel costs more long term. I'm not talking about svo

Modern common rail high pressure direct injection diesels with particulate filters do not like biodiesel. Fuel pump failure on that engine will end up running you about 8grand on average.

Biodiesel is neat, have looked into it many times, on a car like that it is very cost prohibitive to get into and you would not save money you'd need to really like it as a hobby.

Personally I'm more interested in waste motor oil for fuel, overall cheaper to do as it is just really an initial up front cost for the filters, but I would never run that on the 2.0CR he and I have in our jetta wagons.... now the cummins in my jeep it would love it ;)

You seem to be very interested in the cost of fuel.

Anyone looking into the cost of biodiesel many times is clearly unable to afford the cost of proper performance fuel.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the car of a top10 IM finisher looks like: https://www.youtube.com/...ruZUgyKzU&t=2145

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [Zen Minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zen Minimalist wrote:

Anyone looking into the cost of biodiesel many times is clearly unable to afford the cost of proper performance fuel.

Good trolling should be almost invisible, hard to detect..

You really suck at it.

Looked into the cost only because I have fun with that sort of thing and it is related to my work. I was countering another poster who makes ignorant comments about things they don't know about and how it actually isn't cost effective for an individual user generally.

One of my cars makes 600hp on a 2l 4 cylinder.. the fact you think you even know more than me about the topic is adorable.

row2tri can come put us all in our places though.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Well good thing you can never tell how wealthy someone is by the car they drive.

This is so so so so true. Here in FL, the official car of real money is the Chevy Tahoe.
...and everyone else there drives giant Buicks or Lincoln Continentals, right? Usually maroon or cream colored for some reason.

That's the stereotype but I was referring to the $$$$. There are lots of posers driving around FL in Lamborghinis etc that they can't afford.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raña wins.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Zen Minimalist wrote:

Good trolling should be almost invisible, hard to detect..

You really suck at it.

Looked into the cost only because I have fun with that sort of thing and it is related to my work. I was countering another poster who makes ignorant comments about things they don't know about and how it actually isn't cost effective for an individual user generally.

One of my cars makes 600hp on a 2l 4 cylinder.. the fact you think you even know more than me about the topic is adorable.

row2tri can come put us all in our places though.

It's about the environment tho anyway rich people would actually be plugging their tesla roadster in not even dealing with that fuel bs if they thought further than 2 dimensions.
How can I be being ignorant if I never claimed I knew about cars I just know making the actual fuel itself biodiesel is easy. I was considering doing it in an old Benz so i just assumed it worked in modern engines, I'm not a car expert. I got a pimped out ultra hybrid instead, a 2000 honda insight avg 70mpg not even exaggerating.. you guys would appreciate it too most aerodynamic modern car extremely light too with an aluminum frame. Loved it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never heard of a Mercedes v series van before. I bet they could put together a fantastic minivan but I'm not sure how much market there would be for a luxury minivan. But as much as folks shell out for the top trim Oddessey they can't be too far off.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [ziggie204] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ziggie204 wrote:
I've never heard of a Mercedes v series van before. I bet they could put together a fantastic minivan but I'm not sure how much market there would be for a luxury minivan. But as much as folks shell out for the top trim Oddessey they can't be too far off.

What's interesting is that the prior Mercedes "minivan" - the R-series - was a total flop in the US. I'm still thinking that might be our next car. The used BlueTec (diesel) R-350s can be had for a pretty reasonable price, and it would give us one more seat than we have now, which would be a big help at times. But they discontinued to car because it didn't sell.

I can't imagine a loaded Sienna or Odyssey is any cheaper than what Mercedes would put out, but I do think it's noteworthy that neither company puts out a minivan under the Lexus or Acura marque, which makes me think that people just don't want a luxury minivan, even if they want a minivan that is pretty deluxe...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eggplantOG wrote:
Rapp had the best one! He should run it on biodiesel, not even that hard to make. I will never understand performance cars.. Most of the reason I'm a triathlete now is due to my hatred for cars&driving I will never own a car again bad for the environment, health, my wallet, self incriminating, etc... started biking instead got good at it ya da ya da now I'm selling my car haven't driven that thing in like 9 months. 90% of people that drive performance cars are fat or skinny fat they didn't earn their speed like I did they just bought it, totally artificial ego inflation.

It's ok if you will never understand performance cars. I see nothing wrong with spending big dollars on high end bikes or cars. Appreciate the engineering. If it makes you happy and you enjoy it then fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only did it sell like garbage, the reason for the existence of the R class had to do with Chrysler becoming a part of Daimler AG since the R class was built on the T&C platform. In 2007, Daimler actually paid Cerberus to take Chrysler off their hands. I'd say it wasn't just the low sales of the R class but that Daimler AG didn't know how to make the brand or the technology thrive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if his V Series is a conversion camper... that would be ideal. link here

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ziggie204 wrote:

You will find a lot of cars in Europe that you will not find here in the USA. Most of them are smaller than what is normal here.
European cars are usually smaller, but have a smaller more modern displacement engine. For most European American cars feel big, soft and sloppy, and for most American European cars feel small, hard and lack of torque.

I would have expected more athletes to have a car deal. That is quite common in endurance sports.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was drafting legal Back then? If not we need to start calling out some people.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

where's barrie to post his great pic of SQW's car?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ziggie204 wrote:

It was sold as a Dodge Sprinter for awhile in the United States.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of the sprinter vans are used for airport shuttles, catering delivery, etc. They found a niche with small businesses, but not with consumers.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Pro and their cars on the front page [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reached out via Twitter and Facebook and then got what I got. About half of the cars are not owned by them but either loaned to them by a dealer, car brand, sponsor or boyfriend or family member / parents.
Quote Reply

Prev Next