Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:

Power: 389Wavg / 390Wnorm
Speed: 31.5mph / 50.7kph
Distance: 7.44mi / 12km
Rider Weight: 155lbs / 70.5kg
Setup: Cervelo P4, TriRig Alpha One, Flo Disc/90, Conti TT 23mm/latex tubes
Excuses: None. Took a course record by 33s. Previous fastest on course was 14:45–I went 14:12. Very happy with the speed!

How are you liking the P4.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
TriowaCPA wrote:

How are you liking the P4.

I absolutely love it. Raced it in 2 70.3s last year as well doing a 2:07 on 263W, and 2:09 on 247W. It’s a rocket ship!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local TT series, 3 laps of a closed car/moto circuit
1) 285W avg / 285W NP
2) 43.1 kph / 26.9 mph
3) 16.4 km
4) 74kg
5) Cube Aerium C:68 SLT 1x Di2 / Aerocoach Aeox 90 / Aeox Disc / Conti GP TT / Giro Aerohead / Nopinz skinsuit / Tripsockz / D2Zshoe covers
6) Wondered why the Aeox wheels don't feel as fast as I've hoped compared to my previous Zipp 808 tubular setup, until I realized that GP TT 23mm tyres on these bulb out to 27mm actual width, and thus are total unaero on these rims, probably costing me some 5 or even more watts. Other than this, can't think of much to optimise my position, which currently is down to approx .21 CdA, but no less; or maybe there exists some not-so-common equipment, which would be significantly faster for me.
7) pic from diagonal front at the finish line:

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Last edited by: mrlobber: Jun 20, 19 0:39
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:
Other than this, can't think of much to optimise my position, which currently is down to approx .21 CdA, but no less; or maybe there exists some not-so-common equipment, which would be significantly faster for me.

Shave your legs...

Optimizing aero is a process of much experimentation once you've dealt with the obvious stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Power: 389Wavg / 390Wnorm
Speed: 31.5mph / 50.7kph
Took a course record by 33s. Previous fastest on course was 14:45–I went 14:12. Very happy with the speed!

Very impressive power and speed!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Boulder, 9 June 2019

1. Average: 170. Normalized: 180
2. 20.6 mph (33.2 kph)
3. 177 km (course was short by 3 km)
4. 80 kg
5. Dimond Marquise 2018, Zipp 808 firecrest front and back
6. Went out way too hard in the first half (182 watts), died in the second half (157 watts).

Darren
https://www.strava.com/athletes/12385497
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 225ap/235np
2) 23.7
3) 55.3
4) ~168lbs
5) See pic
6) Road surfaces weren't great, hurting speed. Power wise I think I paced this pretty well. On the way out it was slightly downhill with some tailwind, way back the opposite (with 4 short climbs/descents in the middle). Pushed 10-15 more watts on way back. Think I need to challenge myself to push harder though. Also, lost about a minute with a chain issue. Was just coming down a descent and went to pedal and chain locked up, got wedged between 11t cog & frame. Think my chain may have been slightly too long and bounced off the cog on the descent? The roads were super bumpy.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Photo cred to Scott Flathouse!

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 254 AP/260 NP

2) 24.1 MPH

3) 56 Miles

4) 183lbs

5) Scott plasma Team issue 5 with zipp 808 front/rear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1) Average watts: 356W
2) Average speed in MPH: 26.4 MPH
3) Distance: 9.28m
4) Rider weight: 199lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: XL Shiv - Flo 90 F&R
6) Tuesday night TT. Tied official course record, despite 1/2 mile section chewed up for repaving. Oh well, there's always next time.

I swim fast because I'm afraid of sharks.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Mike200fly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike200fly wrote:

6) Tuesday night TT. Tied official course record, despite 1/2 mile section chewed up for repaving. Oh well, there's always next time.

What was the course profile like? That's hella power for 26.4 mph.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 Steelhead

1) 170AW/182NP
2) 22.72 mph IM (22.5 mph Garmin)
3) 56 miles IM (55.4 miles Garmin)
4) 180lbs
5) Trek Speed Concept Gen 2, Mono plug-in with Zipp Extensions, Enve 7.8 wheels, GP5000 - 25, Latex tubes, Garmin V3 pedals
6) The course felt fast to me - I held back on the power to try and help my run (it didn't), I forgot all my water bottles so only had water on bike

Last edited by: teddygram: Jul 3, 19 8:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbalife Oly Tri - LA

1) 215AP/218 NP

2) 23.6 MPH
3) 25 miles
4) 135 lbs
5) QR PRSix/Conti GP 4000
6) None - I should be able to shave some more time with a disc but end of the day think I just need more time in the saddle :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic Distance Triathlon
23.1mph avg.
249 watts avg.
1,175 feet of climbing.
157lbs.
Specialized Shiv Tri
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Mike200fly wrote:

What was the course profile like? That's hella power for 26.4 mph.

I’m heavy and it is far from flat.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 Steelhead

1) 159aw/173np
2) 22.4mph
3) 56 miles (2:30:01 bike time)
4) 138lbs
5) Felt IA, Enve 7.8/Flo Disc, GP4000 23/25, TriRig Front Brake/Cockpit
6) Didn't spend as much time in aero as I'd like, some roads were horrible. Kept power conservative as it was my first 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1) 172avg / 174 NP
2) 22.3 mph
3) 56,1 miles
4) 150 lbs
5) Cervelo P3 2015, REBEL 50/80mm wheels with specialized turbo 24/24
6) New saddel, so had some soreness after 40k which ment my avg power dropped
Last edited by: Buchreitz: Jul 3, 19 22:42
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
70.3 Steelhead

6) Didn't spend as much time in aero as I'd like, some roads were horrible. Kept power conservative as it was my first 70.3

I thought the roads were actually pretty good all the way through. I must ride some really bad roads haha
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I ride indoors. But you know the roads are bad when they put out signs warning of bad roads. One stretch I nearly pulled over because I thought I had a loose hub or something. My bike was violently shaking for a few minutes. Doesnt help to be a featherweight either.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Mike200fly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to calibrate your power meter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
Yeah, I ride indoors. But you know the roads are bad when they put out signs warning of bad roads. One stretch I nearly pulled over because I thought I had a loose hub or something. My bike was violently shaking for a few minutes. Doesnt help to be a featherweight either.

I think you are referring to the new chip and seal section that was a mile long or so?

That section had some vibration too it - that's what a lot of roads are like where I am out but not quite that much vibration. Time to put some meat on the bones :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 Steelhead

1) 163ap/176np
2) 20.4mph
3) 56 miles (2:44 bike time)
4) 163lbs
5) Felt B16 Flo 60/90 combo

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lotto Triathlon Energy Lidzbark Half Distance

1) 199W/ 203W NP

2) 21,4 mph (34,4kph)
3) 56,5 miles (2:38:24)
4) 163lbs (74kg)
5) Orbea Ordu OME, Hed Jet C2 60/90 + latex tubes and Conti GP4K
6) It was hot as hell (90F), some wind gusty wind and 1800ft (550m) elevation gain.
Couldn't reach planned 220W.
Last edited by: KamilN: Jul 5, 19 4:50
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power meter is accurate.

Course is NOT flat and I am heavy.

Schnellinger wrote:
Time to calibrate your power meter

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One Two Tri Sprint Triathlon
1) Average watts 255 NP 264
2) Average speed in MPH 23.1
3) Distance 14.46
4) Rider weight 155.4lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels 2013 Cervelo P5-6, Enve 8.9 front, Zipp Super 9 Tubular Disc Rear. 3T Aerobar, 155mm cranks (Rotor Aldu), Smith TT helmet
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Texas chip seal the whole route! No aero excuses, just rolling resistance
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. None, unfortunately
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colorado Triathlon

1. 217 watts
2. 20.2 mph
3. 17.33 miles
4. 192#
5. BMC TM02, ORR Carbon Clinchers, 60mm front 80mm rear
6. Course has a big climb early then rolling hills back to t2

Last edited by: yitzy42: Jul 10, 19 10:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next