Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I should go all-in and buy the full catalog of Ceramic Speed goodies.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Santa Rosa
1) 240 watts AP / 247 watts NP
2) 23.0 MPH
3) 112 miles
4) 172 lbs
5) Premier Tactical L, Giro Aerohead, Cuore Gold 2-in-1, GP5000 TL setup tubeless at 80psi

TrainingPeaks - http://tpks.ws/...T2IRIJAX7CSNILN7SCWY
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1/4 triathlon (Maastricht, NL)
1) 286 AP (291 NP)
2) 26.8 Mph (42.9km/h)
3) 25.3 M (40.5 km)
4) 154 lbs (70kg) / 6'1" (1.85)
5) Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 - large; disc rear, 80mm front, tririg omega, aeria ultimate stem+hydration, Giro Aerohead, Giro Empire "TG mod"
6) 4 laps, with several slow corners and one 180 corner
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally am able to post one of these. I am always amazed at how fast people are on here with their posts, super motivating and inspiring for sure!

1) Average watts 221
2) Average speed in MPH 23.4
3) Distance 23.6 miles.
4) Rider weight 155lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels Canyon Speedmax 8.0. DTSwiss 80 0n the rear 60 on the front with latex tubes. BTA and rear one under seat for flat kit.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero : For me this was a solid effort. I did come into it a bit under the weather, but I don't think it really influenced the result, just a lack of pep on the legs during the run. I wanted to ride at .9 effort for the Olympic Race but held .86 so happy with that. Rudy Wingspan helmet. You can have a number you want but sometimes the body either limit or allows you to exceed, am I right? No, I didn't shave my legs or wear a sleeved tri suit, let the shaming begin now, lol. I did use Aerotune to do some CDA tests which was different and fun just to see. I have no idea about accuracy of the CDA but it is like virtual power who cares about the number keep it relative to your tests.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position. No pictures. If I find some on the race site I will post.

http://tpks.ws/GEVW4VUFVEYTD2AO5UVO7Q5KNQ .
Last edited by: lonniecdams: Jun 10, 19 7:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AP: 282 Watts, NP: 293 Watts
Average Speed: 21.5 mph
Distance: 18 miles
Weight: 185 lbs
Setup: Trek SC, Aura 5, Ballista helmet, Kiwanis suit
Notes: There was 1100 feet of elevation and almost all of it was in the first 9 miles. This course (Milton) was not built for me at 185lbs. I’m happy with the results though.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 mile TT, one way with rollers
357 watts
6’1”, 163 lbs
19:57, 30 mph
Trek speed concept, jet 9 plus front and power tap jet disc rear. Conti super sonic tires.

Changed to a hands high(ish) position this year and replaced my torn up bioracer suit with a nopinz tripsuit for closed position. Last year did a 19:59 in similar conditions on 375 watts, so the changes definitely worked. Hoping to feel better and make more power next weekend, and hoping for similar conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grafman Middle Distance tri

1) 243 watts NP (3.38 w/kg)
2) 22.77 mph
3) 56.68 miles - 2:29:22
4) 71kg
5) Chinese open mold TT frame, disc wheel, 55mm front wheel, gp5000 tyres, OSPW, SRAM Red Apex, 105 crankset
6) Pretty flat course. I crashed 2 days before and bent the rear mech hanger, caused 2 dropped chains that will have cost me a couple of minutes.

Race position (but with disc wheel)

Last edited by: gloscherrybomb: Jun 3, 19 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 200 watts avg. 206 NP
2) 37.5 km/t (23.43 mp/h)
3) 50 km (32.25 mils)
4) 70 kg
5) Cervelo P3 size 54. with REBEL 50/90 wheels
6) Race kit is: Fusion Sli tri suit, poc cerebel and s-works 6 road shoes
7) the course had 260 m of alititude

Bestbikesplit had a 1 min slower estimate

https://imgur.com/gallery/v29OLld
Last edited by: Buchreitz: Jun 3, 19 9:06
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Buchreitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice speed for that power! Do you think that position in the picture is an accurate representation of what you held during the race?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman 70.3 Victoria

1) 289 W
2) 23.3 mph (37.5 km/hr)
3) 90 km
4) 78 kg
5) S-works Shiv with Zipp 606 Wheelset.
6) Fairly technical course with lots of rolling hills and turns. Pavement was overall okay, lots of bad stretches of road, but some very fast freshly paved sections too.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Nice speed for that power! Do you think that position in the picture is an accurate representation of what you held during the race?

Yes i do.
In position in the picture, I Can see aprox 5-10 meters ahead and on a closed course and front pace swim all i had to do was to stay aero, look Down and only peak up now and then to make sure the road didnt make some unexpected turns.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Buchreitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice. Did you race with that bottle/flat kit sticking out behind you? Not the worst setup I'm sure but that could probably be tucked up under your saddle much better with some zipties and would likely save some significant watts.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Very nice. Did you race with that bottle/flat kit sticking out behind you? Not the worst setup I'm sure but that could probably be tucked up under your saddle much better with some zipties and would likely save some significant watts.

Yes same setup, i know it isnt the most optimal.
Have been looking around for another setup with the posibility to carry one bottle, two tubes, some tools and CO2 canisters
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the cheapest thing but I can almost guarantee this custom frame box by Slowtwitch user YannB is your best best. Could store all your flat and tool needs in there and then ziptie one bottle up under your saddle. He often posts discount codes (~15-20% off) so you could get it for under $200 probably.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Not the cheapest thing but I can almost guarantee this custom frame box by Slowtwitch user YannB is your best best. Could store all your flat and tool needs in there and then ziptie one bottle up under your saddle. He often posts discount codes (~15-20% off) so you could get it for under $200 probably.

Yeah! Have seen those storage boxes. A bit expensive.
I accually made one myself in a 3D program and had it printed, very similar to that one. But it was too small. And havnt looked at it since :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman Santa Rosa
1) 218 watts NP
2) 22.05 MPH
3) 112 miles
4) 160 lbs, 6'1"
5) Canyon Speedmax, 25mm front and back GP5000 at 95psi (this was big mistake, road surface was really bad)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 CT (formerly Quassy) yesterday

1) 253/267 AP/NP - a bit lower than in the past in terms of power, but position was better, speed faster, and had a better run and I eased up on the hills a bit more than I have in previous years
2) 22.9 mph with elevation gain of around 3800 ft - time of 2:21
3) 53.5 miles, so maybe 6 minutes faster than if it was 56 miles
4) 6' 168 lbs
5) 2015 Blue Triad SL w/ HED 9 front and Disc rear - Conti 5000 tires at around 90 psi
6) Feel this was a solid speed based on the wattage - had hoped to be under 2:20

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty similar for me on the Sprint course

1) Average watts 199, NP - 212W
2) Average speed in MPH 22.9
3) Distance 17.3 miles.
4) Rider weight 155lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Fuji Norcom Straight with Oval 535 (35mm) wheels and 25mm GP4000II's at 90PSI.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero : Big PR for me on this course -- almost 3 minutes vs last year. Only issue was my saddle bolt wasn't tight enough and it slipped to a more nose down position partway through which made the last 4-5 miles pretty odd as I had to keep sliding myself back onto the bike. Between that and my stupidity of forgetting my bib in transition (and having to run and grab it) it cost me the 10th place overall spot and 2nd in my age group. Otherwise, it was my first race on this bike (and only 3rd ride) and it's way more comfortable than my prior one!

Strava: https://www.strava.com/.../2415261562/overview
Last edited by: caverunner17: Jun 3, 19 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [caverunner17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 races, oldest to most recent.

Scott Plasma 3 Premium heavily modified (routed all the wiring/braking internally), Tririg brake & Alpha 1 bars, older Hed Jet disc w/ PT hub and Vittoria corsa speed 25, Hed Jet 90 up front corsa 23, latex tubes front & rear. Kiwami Spider LD kit for all races.

I've got a Spider 2 on order bc for me at least that's ~ 4-5w faster than the original spider. It's a little worse at 0 (1-2w) vs the Roka Elite Aero II but better at yaw (2-3w). Ymmv, actually it will haha!

5/12/2019
Crystal Coast half in Beaufort NC

217ap/222np
24.5-.6 mph avg speed
2;15:38 - I think 56 miles would be a very high 2:18.
about #156
Windy AF, my peak 20 min power had me averaging 22.8mph into the wind from minutes 1-21. peak 30,40,50,60,70 min power came in the last 71 minutes of the ride
(fastest bike split of the day by almost 3:00)

5/19/2019
3 Bears 40k TT

256/259
56:26
I don't even know if speed is relevant in this case bc of it being windy AF with a dead on head/tail wind >20mph sustained, gusts to 30.
weight about #157.5
20k out took me 33:25 @ 272AP/273 NP. Going back took me 23:01min @239/239. Did I mention it was windy AF?
road was bumpy AF as well and I was running ~ 80-85psi front/rear, should have run closer to 75 is my guess. My crotch hurt worse from this 40k then any half or full IM I've done.
(2nd fastest 40k on the day)

6/2/2019
Victoria 70.3

220ap/ 235np
2:29:00
22.55mph
rolling hills early, flat/fast mid section, punchier hills later w/ 1 solid climb ~ 75ish km into the ride. didn't seem very windy, or at least not enough to play havoc with bike splits.
fastest ride in the M45-49 ag/28th OV according to the tracker

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jun 11, 19 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What part was the mistake?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
What part was the mistake?
Pressure was too high. Shouldn’t go over 75psi, road surface was terrible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycling data from IM Boulder - it was bloody cold.
Data captured via 4iiii power meter:
http://tpks.ws/...UUX6ZYR7U6MN6MCVQQNE
I am 1m92 and 78kg.
Sam
Last edited by: sgy: Jun 10, 19 23:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) AP 222W
2) 23.9 MPH
3) 56 Miles, 2300 vertical feet
4) 183 lbs
5) Scott plasma team issue, Zipp 808 front, Zipp super 9 rear
6) 48.2 degrees on the far side of the island we swam around killed my legs. 0.74 IF
7) https://photos.google.com/...ei1PQmNmQ2kxdGJCYXJn
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 263 w
2) 27.2 mph
3) 25.1 km
4) 138 lbs
5) Canyon Speedmax CF F10; front: Aeolus 5 D3, Conti GP TT 23 mm, Conti Race Light, 110 bar; back: 3T disk, Vittoria Corsa Speed 23 mm tubular, 140 bar.
6) Aeolus helmet with glasses, no shoe covers. Hot weather, est. CdA 0.22.
7) https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net/...gr7114-2048x2048.jpg
Last edited by: indjke: Jun 14, 19 7:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Power: 389Wavg / 390Wnorm
Speed: 31.5mph / 50.7kph
Distance: 7.44mi / 12km
Rider Weight: 155lbs / 70.5kg
Setup: Cervelo P4, TriRig Alpha One, Flo Disc/90, Conti TT 23mm/latex tubes
Excuses: None. Took a course record by 33s. Previous fastest on course was 14:45–I went 14:12. Very happy with the speed!
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Jun 18, 19 1:41
Quote Reply

Prev Next