Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gravel race ;-)

1) 184w, 210w NP, VI = 1.14, 30min over 270w.
2) 14.1mph
3) 40.5 mi, some running down and up steps
4) 155lb
5) Trek Crockett canti, Specialized 32mm cyclocross tires 40 psi
6) Total wet slop fest. 3000ish feet elevation. Lots of slippery turns and a poor to mediocre skill set on gravel.

23rd of 70 first try. I think top 10 is totally doable next year. Podium, never. Lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Galveston 70.3

1. 207/209 vi = 1
2. 2:16
3. 24.8 mph
4. 162: I am a fatty this year.
5. Trek Series 9: Zipp 858/disc; SLF OSP, Kiwami Spider 2, Conti TT Tires
6. Low power even for me: no real clue why, but had a solid run.

Pic from Creative Cycle: give them a follow on IG or FB Lots of great race pics.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Galveston 70.3

1. 207/209 vi = 1
2. 2:16
3. 24.8 mph
4. 162: I am a fatty this year.
5. Trek Series 9: Zipp 858/disc; SLF OSP, Kiwami Spider 2, Conti TT Tires
6. Low power even for me: no real clue why, but had a solid run.

Pic from Creative Cycle: give them a follow on IG or FB Lots of great race pics.

Sweet pic and impressive speed for that power. What do you attribute this to? Do you trust that power #? Do you spend most of your training time in that aero position?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Crentist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a SRM power meter now, Calibrated normal that day so accurate would be my guess. Its about 10-15w lower then my last 3 years at Galveston. I spend as much time as possible in that position, maybe 25% of my training hours, but I have been in this same basic position for many years now. I have a very low Cda and strong attention to detail across the entire bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Crentist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed at that power is not out of the ordinary.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
On a SRM power meter now, Calibrated normal that day so accurate would be my guess. Its about 10-15w lower then my last 3 years at Galveston. I spend as much time as possible in that position, maybe 25% of my training hours, but I have been in this same basic position for many years now. I have a very low Cda and strong attention to detail across the entire bike.

How was the speed compared to before, and relative vs competitors? Pretty flat I guess? Don't know the details on wind, but I'd guess <.19 CdA. Sound right?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:

How was the speed compared to before, and relative vs competitors? Pretty flat I guess? Don't know the details on wind, but I'd guess <.19 CdA. Sound right?

7th or 8th best bike split in AG, vs previous years I have been 2nd or 3rd in AG. BUT backing off the bike lead to 3rd best AG run vs prev years being 2nd to 3rd off the bike and having 8-12th best run. Guess its a trade off. I tested at ERO at .21 2 years ago made some changes since then and suspect around .19 range now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you paced it well. I bet it feels better anyway to have a strong run.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It feels much better to run onto a podium then struggling to hang on!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AP: 210w
NP: 218w
VI: 1.04
18mi at 23.2mph duathlon bike split, Cary NC

2008 Felt DA, custom cheapo old HED base bar and Profile extensions, 54t x 12-25 Rotor, HED 3c on old Zipp Tangente 21mm, Renn 575 on Conti blackchili Sprinter 22mm. Galibier skinsuit ($85 on sale) and new old stock Giro Advantage 2 ($35).

Do it yourself bta stealiing a kids straw and drilling holes.

PR’d my 5k split, decent transitions, decent bike. A car held me up about 20 sec once early. My 22/23min 5k kept me off AG podium. Or crappy tires.

Good for 16/150 and top 3 bike split overall. First ever multi sport event. I’m very pleased.

Now.....if I could run. I finally am learning to bother to eat well for hard work. That paid off.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 150/165NP
2) MPH 20.7
3) 112 Ironman Texas
4) 5'9" 151lbs race morning
5) 2015 Trek Speed Concept. Zipp Disc
6) Stretched out the legs on the uphills on this ride to keep the cadence up. FTP is 230 according to zwift. Former college runner turned triathlete. Not a professional fit. Critique me

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also TX 70.3 my first ever half.

Left my Wahoo in my gear bag so no power

1. Guessing 225 ish watts
2. 2:21
3. 23.6 mph
4. 165lbs
5. 2011 Speed Concept. Aeolus XXX6 wheels, Original Bontrager bars, Sram red 10spd
6. Tried to ride according to the wind. Hold back a touch on the way out, push a little more coming back. Fell apart on the run due to nutritional error.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Jasonkiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A car park Crit. My first one actually - it was terrifying :)

1) 292W Average / 298W Weighted.
2) 23.2 mph
3) 15.1 Miles
4) 75Kg
5) Cervelo R3, 55mm Carbon wheels.
6) First ever race. I managed to stay upright and got through the corners but failure to be brave enough to fight for and hold my position meant that i was at the back and had to put out huge watts after each corner. I stayed with the pack until about the last few laps, then lost power... Great fun, a real eye opener. I'm going to do that again.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Continuing my trend of ever lower CdA (and ever lower power), I present my Hawaii TT championship entry

1) 226 watts avg.
2) 26.2 mph
3) 40K out and back flat
4) 160 lbs
5) Cervelo P3C; Hed Jet+ Disc w/ Corsa Speed 25C; Enve w/ Corsa Speed 25C; Morf tech aerobar;
6)

Average power for the first 4 minutes was only about 165 watts because of a shifting problem. CdA was ~ 0.19 It was windy and I had to sit up to fix the shifting, so it's hard to be sure. If trends continue, I'll be going about 28mph with 200 watts next year. Grill will be envious.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: May 7, 19 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 279W
2) 28.3mph
3) 40km
4) 70kg
5) Specialized Transition w/Hed Jet 6/9
6) Flat course
Last edited by: ealhmund27: May 7, 19 10:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 270 averaged watts, 284 NP
2) 24.4 mph, 2:15
3) 56 miles, St. George 70.3
4) 160 lbs
5) Felt IA10, Het Jet 5+/Flo Disc latex tubes Gp4000ll
6) Had a great day, felt great on the bike and had PR's in all three disciplines.
7)
Last edited by: TriEnduro: May 8, 19 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriEnduro wrote:
1) 270 averaged watts, 284 NP
2) 24.4 mph
3) 56 miles, St. George 70.3
4) 160 lbs
5) Felt IA10, Het Jet 5+/Flo Disc latex tubes Gp4000ll
6) Had a great day, felt great on the bike and had PR's in all three disciplines.
7)

Yeah, but with good aero helmet, you would have been at least 3 minutes faster.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cactus Man Bike Leg

1) 130
2) 17.4 MPH
3) 25 Miles
4) 204lbs
5) Argon 18 E-119 w/HED Jet 6+
6) Holy hell a lot of folks on the coure

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road Tri on my gravel bike :-D

1) 229 W AP 239 NP (forgot to zero PM, numbers a bit low)
2) 21.1 mph
3) 23.8 m
4) 153 lbs
5) Salsa Chili con Crosso, round tube, alloy frame, canti brakes. Ditched my normal 32s for S-works turbos 28s at 75 psi. Stages L PM
6) power numbers are really low compared to HR and speeds I was doing in training. Plugged in cda values best bike split calculated from 2 rides. The values were nearly identical for those two rides (~.36 in the drops and ~.44 upright! lol) and 250 watts using the rumpus course gave estimate of same speed. Sounds about right, only about 10 watts off considering race day temps were 5-10 degrees different than my basement where it was last zeroed.

C race before xterra season, trying out a few process goals. Still trying to decide if I should use this bike for Savageman. Definitely getting an N+1 itch to do some other OLY or HIM races in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank the Kanc.

) Average watts 269/271
2) Average speed in MPH 18.4
3) Distance 21.5
4) Rider weight 160
5) Describe bike and wheels Premier tactical with hed jet6 front old 23mm conti supersonic, Premier disc 25mm Corsa speed TLR
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero . 2000' of climbing and 15-17 mph headwind. Pretty happy with this effort.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.
Quote Reply
Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a better speed-to-power ratio this year, but still not nearly as fast as others with similar power numbers. I hope to tweak my position some before my next HIM in the fall...
  1. 214W AP; 216W NP; VI=1
  2. 22.7 MPH
  3. 56 miles - Gulf Coast 70.3
  4. 173 lbs. (78.5 kg)
  5. Felt IA 16; HED Jet Black 9/Disc; Continental Attack/Force; Latex tubes; Omega X brakes; XLab Torpedo BTA; 2 behind the seat bottles; LG P-09 helmit; DeSoto 1-piece Fli Suit
  6. Very flat and fast course; headwind kicked up in the last 5-10 miles of the ride

Fitness was very strong and rode below 75% FTP to conserve for the run. Power was a little lower than plan by accident. Rode below 75% FTP to conserve everything for the run.

Race picture of my position:

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why run latex tubes etc., if you won’t bother to shave your legs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St. Louis Triathlon, Olympic Distance

1) Average watts: 207 W
2) Average speed: 22.5 mph
3) Distance: 25.1 miles
4) Rider weight: 142 lbs (64 kg)
5) Describe bike and wheels: Cervelo P-2, Hed Jet 6 Plus, latex tubes, Conti GP 5000 tires
6) Misc notes: the course was out-and-back, flat and straight, but there was a 15 mph wind with plenty of gusts
Last edited by: Changpao: May 21, 19 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRmd wrote:
Why run latex tubes etc., if you won’t bother to shave your legs?
Oh snap. If you can see my hairy-ass legs in that picture, I am probably losing like 20W. Maybe I need to think about shaving to get that extra 1MPH on my bike split.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or just continue to drop excess coin on tri rig brakes etc and save 2 minutes in shower by not shaving
Quote Reply

Prev Next