Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The model was created from a CFD analysis session I booked with an aerodynamicist. It's similar to what STAC do.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Ironman Florida last weekend.

1) Average Watts: 269w. 273w NP
2) Average Speed: 25.3mph. 40.7kph
3) Distance 112 Miles (IM Florida 2020)
4) Rider weight: not quite sure what I was on race day, but between 150 and 155 pounds.
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2019 Cube Aerium C68 SLT. Size XS. Swiss Side Hadron Ultimate 800 up front with Zipp Super 9 tubular rear. 23mm Vittoria Corsa Speeds with Latex tubes.
6) Misc notes: Very lonely day. Saw maybe 5 people after special needs and 2 or 3 of those were in the last mile.
7)

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thatā€™s very impressive! 270 watts for 112 miles is quite remarkable. How did your race go?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rsjrv99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Half Iron Race: Oilman
Conroe, TX
Time: 2:19:30
Actual Distance: 56.8mi
Elevation Gain: 2230ft
Road Surface: Average (majority good pavement, but ~35-40% chip seal)
Height: 6ā€™, 183cm
Weight: ~180lbs, 82kg
Average Power: 243w
Normalized Power: 253w
Average Speed: 24.4mph, 39.3kph
Bike: Giant Trinity Advanced Pro, Bintrager Aeolus TLR 5, tubeless GP5000, Silca super secret chain was (highly recommended), with a rear disc cover.

Notes: BBB estimated .239 CdA average, .2089 aero position. Probably not exactly on the money, but I was indeed out of the saddle for a good bit of the climbing, so who knows. I figure Iā€™m about .239 in aero and some of the wind conditions helped me out for their calculation. My pacing plan was to bump up out of aero when speed dropped below ~18mph and try to keep the momentum alive at the cost of aero and perhaps ā€œidealā€ pacing. Itā€™s a rolling and surprisingly challenging course.

Edit: I didnā€™t read the rules that well and I donā€™t feel like rewriting it with the proper numbers.
Last edited by: mitchellgsides: Nov 15, 20 16:34
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impressive ride and a great race. Congrats on the AG win.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 263 AP/266 NP
2) Average speed in MPH: 25.3 mph
3) Distance: 55.8 miles
4) Rider weight: 170 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2017 Trek Speed Concept; DT Swiss Dicut 1100 Front; Premier Bike disc in the rear; Giro Aerohead; one bottle BTA, one bottle BTS, one bottle on the downtube
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: A bit slower than I was anticipating, but it was pouring rain for more than half of the bike. I don't know how that impacts aerodynamics, but it is what it is.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) oyou in your aero position.

Training Peaks file.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duathlon. 10mile Bike
Avg 286 NP 302 25.1 mph

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Apr 15, 21 9:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 308 watts (NP 317)
2. 25.5 mph (41 km/h)
3. 9.2 miles (14.8 km)
4. 139 lb (63kg)
5. Quintana Roo PrSix2 size 54 with vision trimax sI bars and vision team 30 wheels, hutchinson fusion 5 all season tubeless 28mm tires
6. Stuck behind van going 5 mph slower than speed limit in starting downhill (ended up doing 48 km/h rather than the 60ish km/h I'd want to do that section at), course is false flat the whole time, mainly down out and up back, though back has a loop on traditional british single track appalling road surface almost gravel lane, position has now been made slightly more aero, and was on training wheels and tires, with aero road helmet instead of aero helmet... thats all for now but I can think of more if required šŸ˜…

strava file here; https://strava.app.link/1wGyTvZsvfb
Last edited by: TommyBTri: Apr 16, 21 9:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The reason I post here is that I feel that the power on this ride is too low for the speed. The course out and back so not downhill, I didn't draft, just passed people as I came out in the back after the swim. One of the explanation is that the wind does build up during the race and helps you more on the way out then it hinders on the way back. Also, the race is done on a closed off lane with traffic next going in the same direction on the next lane.

open to any easy low hanging fruits that you might spot to improve the aerodynamics

Dubai 70.3 - Out and back Fast course with slight head wind on the way out that get stronger on the way back (38.6KPh 217W out - 44.3 Kph 206 back) elevation gain 291m

1) Average watts: 213W NP 217W
2) Average speed: 25.51 MPH 41.1KPH 2:12:05
3) Distance:90.4Km
4) Rider weight: 74Kg 163lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels:
Quintana roo PR3 2016
Tririg alpha cockpit - Tririg Delta cover - Tri rig omega front break
Round bottle BTA in a XLab gorilla cage
Crono elite bottle on the down tube
Fabric tri race saddle
Round bottle Xlab gorrila cage behind the saddle
Favero Assioma left only PM
54T rotor Aero chainring with no FD and and 11-28 cassette
POC Cerebral aero helemt
Swiss side Hadron classic 800 front wheel
Zipp super 9 Disc wheel
Continental GP5000 tires

Tridad
Last edited by: gillesgh: Apr 17, 21 23:39
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gillesgh wrote:

I feel that the power on this ride is too low for the speed.

This could certainly explain it

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
gillesgh wrote:

I agree, your left foot could produce 5% less power. The total power is double the left side power, so add 10% power to give you a better estimate

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This definitely has crossed my mind but when I compare it to my Wahoo, the difference is not significant. But what i thought is insignificant be the reason when it's double.

Tridad
Last edited by: gillesgh: Apr 18, 21 22:42
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For whats it worth, my stages was reading 10% higher than the dual leg sensor I replaced it with. That answered a lot of questions for me as to how I was going slower than I thought I should have been going.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [RossJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RossJ wrote:
Birdmantris wrote:
gillesgh wrote:

I agree, your left foot could produce 5% less power. The total power is double the left side power, so add 10% power to give you a better estimate

I can verify this. I went from a left only Stages to a Quarq on TT bike and it makes more sense now. I still have a left only Stages on my road bike. The difference is enough and verified by doing tests on my Kickr, that I go back and edit my Trainingpeaks data to account for the difference. As 7% or so can mean time in zones is totally off.

So, I do the "ghetto" thing of juicing the road bike rides by 7% power. I don't repost it to Strava that way, as I don't care. But do it for my Trainingpeaks uploads to make things all comparable.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [carrag340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 345
2) 28.7 mph
3) 8.8 miles
4) 158 pounds
5) Cervelo P Series with Tririg Alpha One bars. Roval CLX 64/Hed Disc
6) First time wearing a skinsuit in a race since 2019. Delayed start killed the warmup so I ended up going out at 335 and coming back at 362. Looking forward to warmer temps and thinner air.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [carrag340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you all for the insights, I really didn't think the difference would be that great.

Tridad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lack of racing made me want to try the local TT by myself, also just wanted to try out full aero gear (recently got a disc wheel and borrowed my girlfriends helmet). It was an out and back course with some rolling hills and not too much wind. Tailwind out and headwind back.

1) 276 AP, 278 NP (left side stages)
2) 24,4 mph (39,3 kph)
3) 20k
4) 74 kg (163 lbs)
5) Planet X Exocet 2 with 60mm front and selcof disc back. Poc Cerebel on my head (how do you keep the sweat from the eyes?!)
6) Not too much to complain on other than I have been cycling quite a lot in the spring weather and maybe had some fatigue in my legs. Did 274w out and 280 back and it was a PB both in time and power.

Sadly no picture so you cant see my position but I just cant understand how fast some people are on such low watts!

https://acprestation.se/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did an 8mi TT as part of stage race this weekend

1) 339AP / 340NP
2) 28.6mph (good for 11th place)
3) 8mi
4) 170
5) 2011 P2, Tririg Alpha bars, flo 45 front and flo disc rear.
6) 4mi out and back course. 200ft of little rolling hills .. average speed for each 1mi segment was 26-32mph. Cross wind the entire way. Chipseal road
7)
Last edited by: mvenneta: Apr 26, 21 18:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 St. George 2021. I had starting elevation around 3,000. Snow Canyon around 4,000.

1. Average Watts: 201 NP 215 1.08 VI
2. Avg MPH: 22.8
3. 70.3 STG 56 miles
4 Rider weight 155lbs
5. Canyon Speedmax CF 2018, Tririg Alpha One and Omega brake. DTswiss ARC 1400 60mm front and Premier Tactical Disc on the back. Tubes:latex. Tires Front: gp5000 23, Rear gp5000 25. Tire pressure 90ish.
6. Rudy Project Wing helmet(new one), Huub Anemoi Aero+ tri kit and Huub aero socks. Did not push the power I wanted, not from fatigue just a lot of downhill fast descents so overall time/speed was better than I thought I was capable of. I feel that my aero position if pretty good. I run a compact ring so I spin out on descents and coast a lot and I pass a lot of people on descents.
7. No photos as of now.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [RossJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was curious if the same thing happened to me regarding my vector 3 pedals. They are dual sided but I noticed the right pedal wasn't on since I didn't get a right side reading for some of the data. 22.5 mph seems a bit high for 151w

Half Iron Race: white lake Olympic tri
White lake, NC
Time: 1:14:50
Actual Distance: 28 miles
Elevation Gain: 351 ft
Road Surface: Average (majority good pavement, but ~35-40% chip seal)
Height: 5'6"
Weight: ~155
Average Power: 151w
Normalized Power: 157w
Average Speed: 22.5 mph
Bike: Scott plasma 5 with enve 7.8 wheels
, tubeless GP5000, d2z cockpit with 20 degree shims, molten wax with race wax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) AP 272, NP 285
2) 24.8, 2 hours, 15 mins flat
3) 56.18, St. George 70.3
4) Didnā€™t weigh myself but most likely somewhere around 160
5) Felt IA10, HED Jet 5 front, HED disc rear, GP5000 with latex tubes
6) None
7) Edited to add photo

Last edited by: TriEnduro: May 8, 21 18:47
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local 10 mile TT.

1) Average watts:
472 AP/480 NP

2) Average speed in MPH: 28.7 mph
3) Distance: 10.0 miles
4) Rider weight: 198 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2019 Argon 18 e119; Old HED 90 front; Old HED Disc rear; Giro Aerohead; Kiwami Tri suit
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: 476' of gain, 67 degrees, 11mph cross/tail wind out, 11mph cross/headwind back.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) oyou in your aero position.

I did this last summer in faster conditions and averaged 28.2 on a less aero position and bike, on 458/463, so I think aerodynamics have definitely improved since last year. I didn't even win! A smaller guy than me put out nearly 500W and beat me by about :38.

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Last edited by: DKMNTRI: May 19, 21 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Olympic Tri

1) Average watts: 177
AP/ 185NP

2) Average speed in MPH: 21.5 mph
3) Distance: 25.0 miles
4) Rider weight: 150 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Felt IA4 2019; LG PO9; Champion Systems one piece kit; Boyd 60 front and Roval 321 rear. 25mm Conti 5k with latex
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: none
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) oyou in your aero position. Unsure how to post a pic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never done this before so gonna give it a whirl.

Texas State Time Trial

1) 303 watts AP and NP
2) 28.3 mph (52:50 for 40K)
3) 40K
4) 150 lbs
5) 2016 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro 0. HED Black aluminum clincher wheels and disk. Conti GP 5000 front and TT rear. 25mm tires but the measure 27-28mm when mounted. Latex tubes at 64 psi front and rear. Kogel ceramic BB and pulley wheels. Waxed chain.
6) 10-20 mph winds and some rain. Crosshead and cross trail so disc was a winner.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

PHOTO

Mark Saroni
Last edited by: Mark S: May 24, 21 9:41
Quote Reply

Prev Next