Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any experience with this suit? I'm competing in my first year of triathlon and still need a suit. I was considering this one because it has sleeves and my first races are going to be relatively cold outside. I would also use it as a skin suit for the local time trials as well.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/...ctCode-13111105.html

thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [ldub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great suit, great fit. Chamois dries quickly out of the water.

No issues for me with it at all.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noticed a great deal on these atm on line so wanting to buy one but worried about being between sizes L & XL. I'm 6'2 and about 200lb. By their size chart I'm top of L and bottom of XL in chest and waist but hips are closer to top of M bottom of L. They don't seem to coincide. Im thinking probably L but want to use for bike and run in tri's so don't want too tight for run (will be under a wetsuit)
Are they true to size or do they size big/small?
Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2", 180lbs and wear a medium. I would say I have large legs, small arms, and medium torso and so the M suit fits very well with minimal wrinkles.

You should be able to make it work with a number of sizes, so go with the one that gives you the least wrinkles in the arms and shoulders.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I can't find these in stock anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazon

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a similar suit and I've read on here this should be one of the fastest options for all around tri performance.

Has anybody closer to 6'0" and 160lbs or so worn one of these and comment on size? I'm obviously smaller than the guy that wears a medium but I don't know if I can squeeze into a small!

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [BBAddict] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBAddict wrote:
I'm looking for a similar suit and I've read on here this should be one of the fastest options for all around tri performance.

Has anybody closer to 6'0" and 160lbs or so worn one of these and comment on size? I'm obviously smaller than the guy that wears a medium but I don't know if I can squeeze into a small!

I'm 6'0" and 165-170 lbs. Wider than average shoulders and bigger than average legs. Medium fits me great. The small is probably not long enough for someone our height.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my in today in a small. I'm 6'1 and 157-160lbs. Its tight but it fits. I don't have any of the bunching going on that was mentioned on the aero camp thread that makes the suit actually slower for some people. I'm going to order a medium to compare it to though because with it being so tight I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to run in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a medium that I have only tried on but not race in yet. I am 6'0", 165-170lbs depending on the time of year. According to the size chart, all my measurements fall right on the line between small and medium. The medium fits alright most places, but when in aero position there are quite a few wrinkles in the armpit and hip areas. That pretty much defeats the purpose of the suit, so I just ordered a small to try out. If I can wear it comfortably, that's what I'll go with.

Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
I just got my in today in a small. I'm 6'1 and 157-160lbs. Its tight but it fits. I don't have any of the bunching going on that was mentioned on the aero camp thread that makes the suit actually slower for some people. I'm going to order a medium to compare it to though because with it being so tight I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to run in.

I'm 6'2" 167lbs. What do you think the odds are that I could fit into the size small?
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:

Where were you guys a month ago when I was going through the motions of deciding on/ordering mine!?!? I burn easy, so I'm going to welcome a little additional sun protection on my back/shoulders. I'm 5'9, 135lbs, and did all the measurements to figure out size. Reading this thread makes me think I should've gone with small. So...who wants to swap small for medium for a fit test (black and red color scheme)? :) I've only tried mine on...haven't put any miles on it yet. -j
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' 0.5" ~152lbs and could not physically fit into a small. It simply wasn't long enough for my torso. My legs and torso are fairly normal length for my height. I had to hunch over to get it over my shoulders and even then it wouldn't come close to zipping up. I'm fairly skinny, but I do have a little bit of upper body mass from a swimming background. I ended up going with a medium and it fits well, although it is a little loose around my upper arms. No wrinkles or anything though.

I'm kind of surprised at the sizes that some of the taller/heavier guys are able to fit into. It felt like the small would have burst apart at the seams if I had attempted to zip it up or do anything like swimming or running in it. I recently tested the medium in the wind tunnel and it still performed far better than a sleeveless two piece tri suit and slightly better than a long sleeve cycling skin suit. I could hear the sleeves moving a little bit in the wind and thought it probably wasn't going to be a great result, but it still worked out really well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
ffmedic84 wrote:

I'm 6'2" 167lbs. What do you think the odds are that I could fit into the size small?

I think you can fit but it be real close and being comfortable on the run after would be my concern. Right now I'm 8-9lbs less then you and thats my concern. I just order a medium to see how that fits. I'll let you know how it compares.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [dkidwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose some of what isn't captured in the sizing is the leg/torso length. I have long legs and a short torso. I'd love to squeeze into a small, but I would like to be able to stand up straight as well!

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you guys make me feet fat! 6'1 189 pounds! Everyone says I'm skinnny! I ordered a Large and it should be here Saturday

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where'd you find a medium? I've been looking everywhere...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon and Trivillage has them even cheaper now. $209
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SHUT UP!!

That's precisely why I'm looking to pounce on one now...but is it because something faster is coming out?!

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I paid $188 on Amazon :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were in the market to buy a tri suit to save time, and I am, I'd wait until late this year.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
you guys make me feet fat! 6'1 189 pounds! Everyone says I'm skinnny! I ordered a Large and it should be here Saturday

I'm a little taller and heavier and fit in the medium (6'2.5", 194#) The large was a little less snug, but baggy in the arms. Just a heads up on that. I'm hoping to race whistler in the mid-low 180s.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I know there will be new technology coming...I just don't want the inevitable sunburn that will also be coming. If anything, I'll sell the suit. Pearl Izumi told me that there will be no new Octane Tri suits on the market until 2015. Therefore, we are stuck with the red/black or the blue/black.

Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard rumblings that there will be a lot of new suits this year as manufacturers are learning. I don't want to have to give up the time on this springs races. I guess I'll add this to the list of aero things that I will be selling for a loss at the end of the year.

I figure there will be a lot out this year and it will take time to see any data from testing, so it will really be 2015 race season before one can buy confidently.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone is interested in saving a few bucks over amazon, I'm selling my medium red/black. Band new, just tried it on once. I had gotten two for Christmas and forgot to return it when i was able to
Quote Reply

Prev Next