Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [Bernoullitrial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bernoullitrial wrote:
Oh I know...I have seen my friends...numerous world champions...people that were trying to help.,,,run off by all the assholes on this forum over the last decade or more that hide behind the veil of the internet. There are still very knowledgeable people around ..but they are a minority.
I wouldn't use this forum to gain accurate information. There are many better resources.

they say Troll's have a dark side to their personality, very very dark. It's almost as if they were bullied as a kid and/or feel very insecure so in order to make themselves feel better they have to put others down.

In another thread for instance, a forum member was asking for running advice, he wanted to go from a present half marathon time of 1:52 to 1:30 in just 3 months. Anyway, several people basically in one form or another

1. Build up your base slowly, run a lot, and you will nail your time goal
2. Run Run Run Slow but a lot, you don't need any speed work, you will hit your time goal.
3. Run Run Run slow, but run run run a lot

I told the OP on that thread to not listen to those who are advocating you don't need any kind of structured training. Then all these guys were using word play to prove to me you don't need any formal half marathon training program unless you are an elite.

It was so ridiculous because there are many great running coaches who have training programs for all levels, beginners, intermediate, advanced, and elites. I can't think of one athlete who is serious like the OP wanted a specific time goal, that just goes out and wings it, no training program, not taking any advice from people who are qualified. I have never heard of anybody wanting to hit a time goal, that just goes out and runs slow with no speed work to hit a specific time goal. I wasn't advocating he train like an elite, but to follow a training program appropriate for ones level I felt was good sound advice
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [Bernoullitrial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bernoullitrial wrote:
Yeah...In my day...we crushed crits...with an 808 upfront and a 1080 on the back.... fastest combo I ever experienced...but we were all running 175mm....

Wow that is insane. The 808's seem to require the legs of the hulk to get moving quickly. I am sure there are guys with lots of watts that can make these wheels go fast, but I don't have the leg strength. I primarily am a runner and not a cyclist and not to say runners can't be good cyclists, but for me at least I don't have a lot of leg strength to spin a deep wheel set
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
marathonrunner wrote:

But I have to also ask myself, do I really want to ride with a guy who rides through the bike trail so recklessly? the way he attacks those corners i feel it will only be a matter of time before he hits a stone or a twig and wipe out. I also don't like how he goes though corners not knowing who is behind the blind corners. That said, it would be foolish I feel to continue to ride with someone who is fast fast fast because I think the faster you go on a twisty bike trail, it will only be a matter of time before a crash occurs. I always ride slow through the trails.

I am totally with you on this.....

Otherwise you are totally worrying about the wrong things:

You should be worried about having the right skinsuit, aero helmet and shoe covers way more than about wheel depth.

Skin suit on a road bike? My bib I wear has pockets in back and I am sure the breathable fabric is creating drag. I may look into getting one but shoe covers? Holy cow maybe 6 nanoseconds for a 50 million mile ride?...lol.... but yeah I think riding just to keep up with this guy seems childish. He is a serious competitor and races locally. But he is seems bent on making sure I know he is faster and when he passes me after I get gassed on a gentle rolling hill, he always tells me how fast he was going while getting passed. Anyway once I get my Carbone back on, hopefully I will be more competitive on the hills if I choose to ride with this guy.

But the other part is saying no way, this guy is going to cause an accident. He almost biffed it going up a bridge. A guy was adjusting his chain, he finished and then started without warning to turn his bike and himself and wheel it 360 degrees. He almost caused this guy I rode with yesterday to crash.
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [BergHugi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BergHugi wrote:
I race crits with 808, no problems with them to become fast in the sprints. In order to corner fast short cranks are important.

Looking at your picture, why is the frame so much smaller than the seat height? Wouldn't it make more sense to get a frame size that is nearly as tall as your seat height? Does choosing a small frame offer the best way to save weight and get in a more aero tuck? My bike seems to fit me fine but then again I was never fitted. I just read that your back should be 45 degrees while on the hood and knee slightly bent while extended down
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What picture? What bike? My P2?

I don't care about weight for flat crits. I also don't care much about "fits". I do care about aero and a short head tube is good to get low! Reasonable short cranks are good to pedal through corners, which is sometimes necessary to follow a fast lead out. With this bike I don't do centuries.
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
Jctriguy wrote:
You can't ride with deep wheels and a round tube frame. That is a tragedy. Get an aero road frame and hide all this silly cables.

are you being serious? I never heard of anybody putting it quite like that, that you can't ride using deep wheels with a tubular frame.

I'm not sure why you don't know this. Everyone knows that 808's and round tube frames cause an anti Kama tail design that causes turbulent flow and increases drag by a minimum of 12.19%. Explains everything that you are experiencing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the red decals. Everyone know that red Zipp decals are slow.

You'd look much cooler on the bike path with a 10 inch flat handlebar and really tight jeans!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP: TL;DR.

But, is that C-dale for sale?

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Op is def the new h20runner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:
Have you considered a trispoke?

I have Hed3 Plus on order and when I get them hopefully by end of this month, they will be on this bike not my Roadie.

your floor is a mess and you lack matching stickers on the oven.
you should be banned from ST for at least a week.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

You'd look much cooler on the bike path with a 10 inch flat handlebar and really tight jeans!
Lol!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
marathonrunner wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

I have Hed3 Plus on order and when I get them hopefully by end of this month, they will be on this bike not my Roadie.

your floor is a mess and you lack matching stickers on the oven.
you should be banned from ST for at least a week.

LOL....OK I will have to get one of you guys to come over and clean it up for me.
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jctriguy wrote:
marathonrunner wrote:
Jctriguy wrote:
You can't ride with deep wheels and a round tube frame. That is a tragedy. Get an aero road frame and hide all this silly cables.

are you being serious? I never heard of anybody putting it quite like that, that you can't ride using deep wheels with a tubular frame.

I'm not sure why you don't know this. Everyone knows that 808's and round tube frames cause an anti Kama tail design that causes turbulent flow and increases drag by a minimum of 12.19%. Explains everything that you are experiencing.

I wasn't aware of this but if my memory serves me correctly, the Tour De France riders I think many of them had a similar frame set like the Cannondale EVO(carbon version of aluminum) and they had like 404's on them.

So then the issue now remains, do I want to put the Cosmic Carbone's back on and actually have a road bike that may give me the best chance to keep up with some of the guys who have high testostorone and need to show me they can out ride me up a gentle hill or would I rather be a bit slower but look really slick. Either way the 808's seem pretty ridiculous on a road bike. Yes I know people do race on them but the vast majority of Riders I watched at Tour De France didn't have hoops that deep unless they were on a time trial bike
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

I think you brought up a valid point. Zipp decals are probably not as aerodynamic as someone wearing jeans over unshaved legs...lol
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Op is def the new h20runner!

Maybe more like Kiley's Pube's alias. So an alias of an alias...?

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I look at the pic of that bike for more than like 3 seconds it makes my eyes flicker, like when looking at one of those optical illusion things
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to get a frame size that is nearly as tall as your seat height? Does choosing a small frame offer the best way to save weight and get in a more aero tuck? My bike seems to fit me fine but then again I was never fitted. I just read that your back should be 45 degrees while on the hood and knee slightly bent while extended down

For most people, having a frame that is as tall as their seat height is going to be too big, the height might be ok but the bike is going to be long.
Last edited by: iruntrails: Jul 26, 17 5:30
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philly1x wrote:

No not selling it. If I sell this then I am stuck riding my speed concept all the time. I like this one because it is great for just tooling around the bike trails. I have to resist the temptation to take on another rider who wants to go fast fast fast through the corners.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
philly1x wrote:

No not selling it. If I sell this then I am stuck riding my speed concept all the time. I like this one because it is great for just tooling around the bike trails. I have to resist the temptation to take on another rider who wants to go fast fast fast through the corners.

I hope you have the matching kit for tooling around the bike paths. It always bothers me when people ride expensive bikes and have some shitty kit on the MUP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

Fair enough. Do you race? I find that having to spin up the really deep rims gives me too muscular legs.
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm not sure why you don't know this. Everyone knows that 808's and round tube frames cause an anti Kama tail design that causes turbulent flow and increases drag by a minimum of 12.19%. Explains everything that you are experiencing."

I called Zipp and they told me they never heard of such a thing you are describing above. Do you have any documentation or articles supporting this? I have seen plenty of 60mm dished rims on road bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
"I'm not sure why you don't know this. Everyone knows that 808's and round tube frames cause an anti Kama tail design that causes turbulent flow and increases drag by a minimum of 12.19%. Explains everything that you are experiencing."

I called Zipp and they told me they never heard of such a thing you are describing above. Do you have any documentation or articles supporting this? I have seen plenty of 60mm dished rims on road bikes.

Are you joking?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel!
Quote Reply
Re: On my Road bike me and my Zipp 808's got dropped by a guy on 60mm Cosmic Carbones [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, is he isn't trolling, I would have loved to have listened to that conversation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
marathonrunner wrote:

Are you joking?

I know very little about cycling so if JTtrig was being a smart A$$ then I guess I am gullible. People who don't have questions generally will most likely not find a reason to post threads. I am just trying to figure out the best methods for a road bike setup.
Quote Reply

Prev Next