Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Currie looks like he's working really hard at the beginning of the race...

He always looks like that. He moves his head round lots on the run too
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
BMANX wrote:
At what bike split do we see LS and SK on the board

At the moment: 4:16:33 for LS/SK is predicted
Sub 8 is going down today! If they post that split they will just need a sub 2:50 for sub 8. I think we could see >7:55 today.
Looking at some of the contenders and when they will likely arrive in t2
LS/SK: 5:10
Guessing Frodo will post a 4 min slower split and reach t2 at the same time.
Lange and Nilsson will be 2-4 min behind
I think we will see Frodo pushed to his limits today! Really I think anyone of Frodo, Sanders, Lange and Nilsson can win this one. Would be awesome if they took down both the bike record, run record and the course record!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
JBell wrote:
BMANX wrote:
At what bike split do we see LS a and SK on the board

At the moment: 4:16:33 for LS/SK is predicted
Sub 8 is going down today! If they post that split they will just need a sub 2:50 for sub 8. I think we could see >7:55 today.
Looking at some of the contenders and when they will likely arrive in t2
LS/SK: 5:10
Guessing Frodo will post a 4 min slower split and reach t2 at the same time.
Lange and Nilsson will be 2-4 min behind
I think we will see Frodo pushed to his limits today! Really I think anyone of Frodo, Sanders, Lange and Nilsson can win this one. Would be awesome if they took down both the bike record, run record and the course record!

Yeah man, this is bonkers! Never had more fun watching the race unfold.. And the coverage + the tracker is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
SO we have the catch, do those 3 take off, or does the group settle down now that it is all together? I think guys start to think about taking fliers, but unless it is a heavy hitter it will be neutralized..

Cam is there to f&%$ shit up so no way he stays in the group. (I don't think he is there to win) and no way lionel lets someone ride away from him which may be a huge mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LS/SK can't maintain that the whole time. If they catch the lead they will back the effort off and hope they can still run. They are HAMMERING right now.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pete Jacobs already spat out the back, last Kona for him I'd say
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frodo pushed to his limits would be a scary thought.
Remember his first Kona? Didn't he run a scary fast split, while occasionally stopping to vomit? The guy is tough and a true competitor. I think that first run was as close as we have seen him come to "pushed to the limit" in long course racing.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So going back to the swim, this is how I handicap the race and conditions. It appears there was a slight side/tail current going out, which made it easier for Josh to break off so easily. Times out were smoking fast, but of course it then becomes a head/side current on the way back, so have to pay the piper.

This is why at the turnaround there was no real split of that huge lead pack, with a head current it is just too easy to sit on. That coupled with the two guys side by side creating a perfect draft for the trailers, no surprise that so many came out in that zip code.

So really not a fast course as swim courses go here, Josh would certainly break the old longer course record on a neutral day. Lange was really good to stay up there, he is quietly using the old Mark Allen strategy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too many tech problems in comparison to other years...

And much more time advertising...it's getting pretty annoying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I stream this now that nbc coverage ended for a bit? googling live ironman coverage gave me about 10 bad sites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
LS made up 1:12 to a Jan now through 19 miles.

Lionel has been at the lead of the Kienlel, Wurf chase pack for the last 3 bike checkpoints. Unless they have been trading off between checkpoints, he needs to race with his head and let someone else take the lead for awhile.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [xtianspuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone have coverage? mine's been out for a while

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [xtianspuma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only had one tech problem, so far. If commercials are needed to pay for the coverage, I'll take it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
LS/SK can't maintain that the whole time. If they catch the lead they will back the effort off and hope they can still run. They are HAMMERING right now.

I don't reckon LS has to, SK might however.

This could be a pretty tight top 5-8.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
JBell wrote:
LS made up 1:12 to a Jan now through 19 miles.

Lionel has been at the lead of the Kienlel, Wurf chase pack for the last 3 bike checkpoints. Unless they have been trading off between checkpoints, he needs to race with his head and let someone else take the lead for awhile.

Good think about LS is that he always check in powermeter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Frodo pushed to his limits would be a scary thought.
Remember his first Kona? Didn't he run a scary fast split, while occasionally stopping to vomit? The guy is tough and a true competitor. I think that first run was as close as we have seen him come to "pushed to the limit" in long course racing.
That is why this has the potential to be one of the great races ever! Frodo is so focused and determined, he will rather faint than back down. Same with Sanders, lots to prove! Less pressure on the Patrik's, which could play to their advantage. I have a hard time seeing Kienle winning, but who knows, his run keeps getting better.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agreed. this is definitely, so far, the most exciting kona in a while. There is just so much firepower on display, all within striking distance. Will be interesting to see it unfold through the day.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were do things stand with Hanson and O'Donnell?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LS had a brief interview last night and showed a very good headspace and perspective for race day. I was surprised by the maturity of thought. If he doesn't abandon it, I really like his chances.

Also.. So far, Lucy is holding off Ryf!!
Last edited by: JBell: Oct 14, 17 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim O with frodo according to tracker , hanson just behind sanders group
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Oct 14, 17 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were do things stand with Hanson and O'Donnell?
---
Hansen is sitting in with the Sanders/ Keinle group. O'Donnell is sitting 8th and riding in the Frodeno/ Hoffman group.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually looks like Boris Stein is the guy who's had his nose in the wind in that group through the last couple time checks...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lucy’s gap now to 5:40!! Damn is she blowing herself up or is something wrong with Ryf? Or is she just that good?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Actually looks like Boris Stein is the guy who's had his nose in the wind in that group through the last couple time checks...
Ah you are right, Boris took the lead of that ground after the 2nd checkpoint.
Quote Reply

Prev Next