Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pity Carlson decided to use a backhanded put down in the Weekend Box. //

What put down? He said that she cheated Natasha out of an ironman hawaii win a long time ago, and how ironic that is it that se takes away natasha's oldest winner title now too. You may not want to for some reason acknowledge her past drug use, but the rest of us and history will not forget it. I mean the oldest winner title thing is really just a made up thing, like fastest ironman winners. Courses are short, long, and all over the place. But if you don't see the irony in the fact that she is the one to supplant Natasha from this made up thing, after actually being the one to cheat her out of an ironman title finish, well you just don't have irony in your quiver i guess..
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen how close some people sick wheels in a tri? One swerve by the front guy and the second could easily take them both out. Saw it happen at cozumel in fact. The front guy's bike was jacked up and he road the sag wagon back to town.
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus, public shaming is one of the most powerful weapons against doping (and cheating of any kind), and it adds exactly...round the one...$0.00 to the cost of an IM entry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never said CHEATING = LIFETIME BAN. That was you putting those words in my mouth thank you.

You asked me to define cheat and I clearly said it was PED's for the point of this discussion.
Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 24, 14 17:47
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Pity Carlson decided to use a backhanded put down in the Weekend Box. //

What put down? He said that she cheated Natasha out of an ironman hawaii win a long time ago, and how ironic that is it that se takes away natasha's oldest winner title now too. You may not want to for some reason acknowledge her past drug use, but the rest of us and history will not forget it. I mean the oldest winner title thing is really just a made up thing, like fastest ironman winners. Courses are short, long, and all over the place. But if you don't see the irony in the fact that she is the one to supplant Natasha from this made up thing, after actually being the one to cheat her out of an ironman title finish, well you just don't have irony in your quiver i guess..

It was just unnecessary for him to bring it up. It is not ironic just his agenda. She doped in 2004, paid the price, served the penalty. He did not have to bring it up nor do you. Do you really believe no one deserves a second chance? Especially from 10 years ago? If so, pity your newborn twins for the life lessons you will bestow on them.
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The advantages are largely unknown but you can safely make some assumptions;

Consistent training over years and years leads to a huge base and advanced speed and skill over your competitors right?

Well now put in those years on PEDs that allow you to train at an unnaturally high level for years, absorbing this higher level over your none doping competitors. Just stopping the epo doesnt mean a doper loses all their gains. They still put in time at a higher level that can't be taken away.

The part we don't fully know is does the body make PERMANENT adaptations to cell structure with long term epo /ped use?

Apples to oranges to drafting

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
I never said CHEATING = LIFETIME BAN. That was you putting those words in my mouth thank you.

You asked me to define cheat and I clearly said it was PED's for the point of this discussion.

Post 7

"I personally believe that once you cheat in a sport you should not be allowed to complete in that sport ever again. "

You still haven't clarified, any PED?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Aug 24, 14 18:15
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LA isn't allowed to race at ANYTHING but other past drug cheats are allowed to race, and win. Sure hope she had to do more than just pee in a cup!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
Have you seen how close some people sick wheels in a tri? One swerve by the front guy and the second could easily take them both out. Saw it happen at cozumel in fact. The front guy's bike was jacked up and he road the sag wagon back to town.

Sure. By that logic, drafting penalties should be at least as harsh as doping penalties then. Doping doesn't endanger anyone else.

Anyway, you guys would rather be outraged over a non-violent sporting infraction that someone did over 10 years ago and subsequently paid the penalty for. Oh well.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haters gonna hate.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really have a dog in the fight regarding doping. I am just a rules guy. She served her penalty, and in my book can compete. That is up to people with more pull than me to decide if the science behind lifelong benefits of doping is means for increasing the ban. I just had an issue with saying that drafting poses no risk to anyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>LA isn't allowed to race at ANYTHING

LA was offered the same deal as everyone else. He turned it down. Case in point, Nina admitted to her EPO use. LA never admitted to anything. Until it was too late.

Also, he can race at lots of things. Just not anything under the WADA umbrella. I think he raced at some swimming meets recently?
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't talking about you specifically. (In my original comment I meant to say doping rather than drafting, too lazy to edit that post)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries. Quarrel on ST
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, us masters swimming didn't allow him to compete.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>No, us masters swimming didn't allow him to compete.

OK, my bad. I clearly need to follow Lance more closely.
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A 2-year ban is not enough to discourage athletes from rolling the dice.

In case you've not been paying attention the 1st year ban is going to 4 years.

The rest of you need to get over your shit, bc it smells also.

It was 10 or 11 years ago, search the archives we've already discussed this when she won another race, maybe 2. Just go read that thread. Besides this isn't her first win since she's come back from her suspension. She's probably won 6-10 other races. Her talent level pre doping put her among the fastest 1-5 females at the time. it's not like she's come out of nowhere.

She served her time for her crime and is allowed to race. That's the rules of many sports including triathlon, don't like it find another sport.

Put her in a stronger field and she doesn't win.

There are other women's performances of the last 10 years that smell just as much as any of hers.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Aug 24, 14 19:24
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just happened to see it somewhere that he entered and then was denied entry after usa swimming (who is under wada) got wind of it and since us masters swimming is part of usa swimming, allowing lance to compete could put olympic eligibility in question. Probably wouldn't do any real damage, but my guess is they wanted to play it safe.

No idea where I saw that though.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
It was just unnecessary for him to bring it up. It is not ironic just his agenda. She doped in 2004, paid the price, served the penalty. He did not have to bring it up nor do you. Do you really believe no one deserves a second chance? Especially from 10 years ago? If so, pity your newborn twins for the life lessons you will bestow on them.

It's a forum: we brings things up. If you want to live in a bubble, stick to Lava magazine.

There is a huge difference between giving a second chance and ignoring relevant history.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post 13

Quote:
She used a banned substance to win = CHEAT

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC, the only reason she got popped in Kona was she's not too sharp & she got nervous, shot another dose on Friday before the race. If she'd just coasted in with 3-4 days clearance like every other Euro in the race...

Is she still doping? Probably, but stoopid as she is, she's not stoopid enough to screw it up twice.

In other news, remember, doping may work, it may not, but drafting works every time it's tried.
"Chronic drafting is for people too skeerd to dope."

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it when people tell me how nice dopers are...

Collectively ST was very supportive of the guy who wore the dopers suck tshirt at the awards ceremony a few weeks ago, maybe cause that guy was an asshole?

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Post 13

Quote:

Please... for everyone's sake. Don't feed that troll. He'll keep coming back.

The woman is a deliberate cheater and should've been banned for life. The least the triathlon community can do is carefully scrutinize every result she has from now until her death.
Quote Reply
Re: Nina Kraft wins IMKY at 46. [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to thread in general.

Can we get a list of dopers we are supposed to hate? Because I'm confused. Lance we need to hate. Michi Weiss we need to hate. Lisa H again hate. But Nina Kraft we are cool with? Am I missing anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Post 13

Quote:

I believe the point JasonInHalifax is trying to make is this:

Clearly you feel that out of all triathlon rules that exist, using banned substances are in a league of their own and deserve special penalties such as lifetime bans. Fair enough.

The question then becomes, what length of penalty is appropriate for each banned substance. I think he was legitimately asking you for your opinion.

Is any banned substance worthy of a lifetime ban? Should some be lifetime, while others are finite lengths? What about in-competition versus out-of-competition testing? Accidental ingestion versus deliberate? If you are caught with a substance in one sport, does the ban transfer to other sports?

There are many things to take into consideration, simply saying "banned subtances = cheating = lifetime ban" is pretty vague and I think he was just asking for details.

----------------------------------------------------------------
my strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next