Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will see the 30 km split, hopefully it was just an uphill section. Coincidentally (or not) seems about the same point where Mark Allen started struggling with the pace too.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He’s done.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
stefan justus run a 2,18 marathon the year before he finished runner up world champ in the world series 2010. In todays shoe currency likely a 2.15 2.16ish

so stealing this term!!!

well looks like so far he is sticking to goal plan and im out on my prediction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no uphill the 2nd half of Cim, it’s dead flat except for one bridge further up.

Most cim first timers blow out their quads on the first half downhill and the 2nd half will be tough. I’ve tun many cims with a best under 2:40, I know the course with my eyes closed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just posted a 5:40. Might get ugly now.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was thinking more like headwind. Nice job on the sub 2:40, been chasing sub 2:40 for awhile now and will try again in Spring 2024.

But yeah, wheels are off. Still sticking to my prediction of sub 2:25 though.

It's crazy how many of us screw up downhill courses over and over again. In a marathon or half, that quad pounding going downhill seems to wreck your system a lot more than the extra cardio load of keeping a steady pace on a flatter course.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Net downhill with a hilly section between miles 6-11

Pwraddr wrote:
Not familiar with the course. Seems a tad earlier for the wheels to fall off. We will see shortly.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i see others I know in the OTQ pack also falling a part pretty bad
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummed for him, was hoping he could salvage something here today. Tough season for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
picked it up at the end for a 2:22 - definitely a solid effort though i suppose he'll be bummed not to get the 2:18.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

He still ran a 2:22:57, pretty solid performance in my view. Remember our argument about his time predictions ? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
synthetic wrote:

He still ran a 2:22:57, pretty solid performance in my view. Remember our argument about his time predictions ? ;-)

So he end up in the mix of the "all time IM pro" open marathon times.

Just out of curiousity, who is the heaviest person to run under 2:15. What about sub 2:10?

I got these stats on Rox Dixon (2:08 at NYC 1983....anyone know his size...he must have been well over 150

https://worldathletics.org/...d/rod-dixon-14343226
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Funny how people are putting him down. 2:18 is the B standard. He should be able to execute,if anything 2:30 run 140.6 guy closer to 2:12. My prediction 2:15

I don't think anyone is putting the guy. What do you mean by B standard? I thought the Olympic trial standard was 2:18.

No way he will run closer to 2:12. He will go sub 2:25. 2:12-2:15 are not 160 lb guys with swimming and biking muscles.

2:12 is 3:08 per km pace. That is 31.20 10km.

How fast does Matt run in an Olympic tri ? I don't know, I am just asking.

Didn't Ryan Bolton and Christian Bustos run 2:23 range and that's about as fast as we have ever seen from a pro triathlete? Of course they were done in the pre spring shoes era, so that SHOULD help the 160 lbs pro triathlete.

At 140 lbs when Salazar was running sub 28 min 10km open, he was only doing 2:11 at US Olympic trials if that provides some perspective on how fast the scales are.

A French duathlete just ran 2.07 at Valencia https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg Billington...2:16
Steffen Justus....2:18
Christian Bustos...2:19
Adam Bowden...2:20
Ty Butterfield...2:21
The Marathon PRs of Pro Triathletes – Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Funny how people are putting him down. 2:18 is the B standard. He should be able to execute,if anything 2:30 run 140.6 guy closer to 2:12. My prediction 2:15

I don't think anyone is putting the guy. What do you mean by B standard? I thought the Olympic trial standard was 2:18.

No way he will run closer to 2:12. He will go sub 2:25. 2:12-2:15 are not 160 lb guys with swimming and biking muscles.

Didn't Ryan Bolton and Christian Bustos run 2:23 range and that's about as fast as we have ever seen from a pro triathlete? Of course they were done in the pre spring shoes era, so that SHOULD help the 160 lbs pro triathlete.

At 140 lbs when Salazar was running sub 28 min 10km open, he was only doing 2:11 at US Olympic trials if that provides some perspective on how fast the scales are.

A French duathlete just ran 2.07 at Valencia https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

And Nan Oliveras, former trainer partner of Jan Frodeno, ran 2:18 after exploding in the last km. I think last year he still was trained by Jan

https://www.triatlonweb.es/...8-48_286701_102.html

Sorry it's in Spanish
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slower weather day for CIM compared to past years. Not bad but just off by a little bit can make a huge difference in marathon times. Low-50s with high humidity and a small headwind. You often catch low-40s with no humidity at CIM. That's when it can be super fast. 31 under 2:18 today versus 42 under 2:18 in 2022. Guessing he had something more like a 2:20-flat in him today but was all-in on taking an OTQ attempt. Probably 2:18ish with perfect conditions. Showed he can run right around that kind of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

adam bowdens pb is 2.17. 14
just to give an idea how well researched this article is ...
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

You clearly didn't read the article.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
pk wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

You clearly didn't read the article.

i had not
but i have mark buckinham 2.21.42 a couple seconds faster than tylor while still being a triathlon guide that took a 3 min google search where i typed in christian prochnov and mark buckingham marathon pb
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 2:07 is extremely impressive. But duathletes don't count in a discussion about fast triathlete running performances in my view because they don't have the handicap of the swimming training and a bit of muscles getting in the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anakinpm wrote:
fulla wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
synthetic wrote:

And Nan Oliveras, former trainer partner of Jan Frodeno, ran 2:18 after exploding in the last km. I think last year he still was trained by Jan

https://www.triatlonweb.es/...8-48_286701_102.html

Sorry it's in Spanish

f.cking hell a 1.04 flat for the first half ....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ty Butterfield...2:21 //

I had thought that Tyler went in the mid teens somewhere? You can add:

Mark Sisson 2 ;17
Benjamin Parades. 2;10
And a shit load of really top 5k and 10k times from athletes that just never ran a marathon. Low 13's to 27+ highs.
Last edited by: monty: Dec 4, 23 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Matt Hanson running CIM [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And a shit load of really top 5k and 10k times from athletes that just never ran a marathon. Low 13's to 27+ highs.

wait. ali brownlee went 28:32 on a track, in spikes. gebreselassie never broke 27 low on the road in a 10k.

who's in this shit load of triathletes running 27 high?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post race thoughts..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
synthetic wrote:

So he end up in the mix of the "all time IM pro" open marathon times.

Just out of curiousity, who is the heaviest person to run under 2:15. What about sub 2:10?

I got these stats on Rox Dixon (2:08 at NYC 1983....anyone know his size...he must have been well over 150

https://worldathletics.org/...d/rod-dixon-14343226

Luke Puskedra ran a 2:10 at 167lbs. I doubt many heavier people have run faster than him.
Quote Reply

Prev Next