Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you the ST police? one post out of 124 from me, and you get your feelings hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tomziebart wrote:
Lance donated his St. Croix prize money to a charity on the island. I'm certain that he will also do the same for his prize money from IM 70.3 Florida.

That selfish bastard

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's nice that Chrissie hung around, but does it really matter you that you can tell your kids you met Chrissie?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [nhoya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever this thread was meant to me, it had become one of the most wince-inducing that I have read on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"if you want to throw a tantrum, fine, but, it should be a fact-based tantrum." - Dan Empfield aka Slowman

Talk about a bar that can't be cleared. Facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts.

cjw

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was getting an award, so I was going to be there regardless, but there were a couple hundred extra people there that were quite upset by this news.

There is a backdoor brag thread in the Lavender Room...
Last edited by: FJB: May 23, 12 4:57
Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to tell you, I feel pretty good about myself for getting 130 responses to my first thread on ST.

To Fleck, I said thank you to every volunteer at the race that I came in contact with. Police on the bike course especially (try contending with cyclists' safety and angry, honking, church-goers) and the kids in the grass skirts and coconut bra's on the run course. I have done that before, and I know how exhausting it is. People can be rough, especially when their day isn't going as planned. So I certainly thank your wife for making the most of a long, hot, afternoon.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I might also expect:

A pro-forum with Q&A before the race
Ability to check out their bike up close and personal.
Maybe share a practice swim
Have a chance maybe to say a few personal words to them
See them at the pre-race dinner
See them at the awards dinner"

Lets see 1500+ AG at a big race expecting 1 min of the pros time = 25 hours. That person will not be a pro very long.

Come on be real. How about if I show up at your work place and interupt you because you are the best at your job. The pro's have a job to do and that is race and finish as high in the standings as they can. Yes glad handing the fans is a part of it, but the sponsors would rather see their product in the winners circle than at the back of the pack because the person they sponsored was on their feet all day best a race. You entry fee is so you can race at the event nothing more should be expected.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to tell you, I feel pretty good about myself for getting 130 responses to my first thread on ST.

Ha ha ha, yes you are definitely in the running for rookie of the year.

By the way, your post above can also go in the backdoor brag thread...LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For all we know he left early not to "train in Kona" (perfect Lance type move BTW) but just so he could maintain his image of Lanceness.

Image of Lanceness?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by BubbaKeg [ In reply to ]
Re: Lance a no-show at FL 70.3 awards [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Have a chance maybe to say a few personal words to them
Lets see 1500+ AG at a big race expecting 1 min of the pros time = 25 hours. That person will not be a pro very long.

There are 40 pros at a given race and "have a chance" does not mean all the time. If they spend a hour or two glad-handing each race I don't think that is absurd. What are the sponsors paying for? I think the sponsors are paying for this glad-handing.

As for the relation to my work. If the people who paid my salary thought public relations were important damn straight I would glad-hand you. Even more directly if you were "paying admission" to my little world I would feel obligated to give you some attention.

Personally I don't crave attention from pros or celebrities. Over the years I went to a free pre-race talk from Chris Legh at a HIM and have had off-and-on words/questions with a local pro in pre and post environments. I did a fantasy camp at LP which was really cool. Tonight I am paying for the privilege of hearing Chrissie talk.

Age groupers in triathlon are like season ticket holders in minor league sports. For those season ticket holders they usually have meet-and-greet with the players, personalized notes, autograph sessions, receptions, etc.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you farking idiots!! who cares about awards ceremony.. were you all oblivious
when he gave this post race interview. you were probably still finishing moron!
haters eat crow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwaAjrBX7Qs

All you need is a dollar and a dream..and a severe f*&%ing beating!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm watching the Giro right now and the race just finished under 10 minutes ago - the groupetto is probably another 30-40 minutes away and they are doing the podium presentation RIGHT NOW...

you know why? because they want people to care, because it's on TV and because they respected the PROs time. These guys will be showered, changed and on their way to the hotel before the last guys even finish.
Quote Reply

Prev Next