Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only been out with mine once, but so far I like it better than my Giro AA. I got a custom job to match the trisuit I'm wearing this year.

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [AdventureRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a P-09, raced with it last weekend and loved it. Really comfortable, and easy to put on and take off. The medium fits great -- my head is 56 cm, for reference. Thanks to all those in this thread who posted similar fit information... that helped me confirm what size I needed. Awesome helmet -- check. Awesome bike fitness -- working on it. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still want to sell your P-09?
Might be interested, PM me if you want to sell.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brynjulf wrote:
Still want to sell your P-09?
Might be interested, PM me if you want to sell.

forgot to update this thread...

the first L helmet I was given felt awkward (don't ask me why) so that is why I wanted to sell the replacement one without even trying it again.

Last Tuesday we had a good (weather wise) day so I decided to wear it for the local TT and since then I LOVE it; the helmet fit perfectly and even the shield feels a bit bigger (maybe the put the wrong visor on my old helmet!??!!?).

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give an update too on my first experiences with the P-09. I previous helmet was a Wingspan, which fit me perfectly. For the P-09, I ordered a size M. Based on comments regarding the sizing of this helmet, I was a little worried. The M actually fits me perfectly and feels like my Wingspan (aka, I don't really notice it). I tried the visor out on one ride and opted to go with my Oakleys for a TT yesterday. I also removed the vent plug on the front. The TT was 40K in dry desert conditions in the mid-70s. The P-09 kept my head nice and cool, I had no sweat drip on my sunglasses (unlike what happened when I tried out the visor). Overall, very impressed with the helmet!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Denmark and am looking to buy the P-09.
It is currently sold out in the Copenhagen area, so theres no way to test, unfortunately, so I will need to buy online somewhere.
I am 57-58 cm head circumference, would you guys go medium or large? I am leaning towards large, after reading this thread.

Amazon is selling for 279USD currently, anyone aware of better deals out there?

Appreciate any feedback!
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arts Cyclery has the best deal with coupon SAVE15, it will come down to 254

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to an earlier post by CW, I now have my very own P-09. Turns out it was labeled as having a "loose" visor, so it was sold as a factory second. No problem for me, I prefer my rx sunglasses. That said, I would still like to try the visor just out of curiosity. It looks to me like it isn't "loose" but in fact that they installed the receiver "port" thingy 180* backwards. I can get the visor to clip in solidly, if I do it backwards. There isn't any catch for it to engage at all if you insert it forwards. Anyone know how to or even if it is possible to remove and reorient that little plastic receiver the right direction?

Other than that (which like I said isn't really a problem at all) I love the helmet. Surprising amount of ventilation, fit is good (L), and it looks great. Except my kids call it a golf ball!
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
With the visor falling off during a ride? Once you get it to click in place you are good.

I've tried to get my visor in place a number of times now and it does not click. I don't think I should have to leverage my weight and use a tool of some kind just to get a visor to click in should I? This is my first aero helmet but I can't understand why they would let these things ship without properly fitting visors. To me this is a QA failure if some are not working and others are.

Does anybody have a solution to get these visors on the P-09 to clip in and stay in place?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally had a chance to try my P-09. I wore the helmet with the visor attached and found it quite warm. Can anyone comment on whether the helmet feels a lot cooler without the visor but with standard sunglasses versus with the visor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I dont know if you are doing the same mistake I was but when I read people saying about the visor has to "click" in I assumed that I just had to push it in the slot and I would hear a "click" I never heard the click no matter how hard I pushed (good thing I didnt break it) it fell out on my on the bike at Raleigh and I did the same (wrong) thing and luckily it stayed in. When I got back to the hotel and was messing around with it i figured it out. Push the visor in then if you look at the part that goes into the helmet you will see a little lever/tab/switch, push that forward or backward I cant remember (I think its forward towards where you put your head in) and you will hear the audible "click". Hope that helps
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [GrapeJuice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on the upper end of the medium sizing, and my current helmet is a medium Bell Javelin. I ordered the medium PO9 and I'll report how it fits when I get it. I think this helmet will suit my head down(ish) position better. I'm tired of losing tts by a few seconds, hopefully this will put me over the top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AdventureRun wrote:
I've only been out with mine once, but so far I like it better than my Giro AA. I got a custom job to match the trisuit I'm wearing this year.

How much did it cost you to get your helmet done? I'm looking for a place to get mine done, even if I need to ship it!
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [DY3VERSITY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$300. It was a lot, but it was a local shop. I like being able to go see somebody face to face if there is a problem.

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winter Park Cycles has them in stock also. Medium and Large.

www.winterparkcycles.com

FYI
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ridenfish39 wrote:
I'm on the upper end of the medium sizing, and my current helmet is a medium Bell Javelin. I ordered the medium PO9 and I'll report how it fits when I get it. I think this helmet will suit my head down(ish) position better. I'm tired of losing tts by a few seconds, hopefully this will put me over the top.

Tried the medium on and no dice. If you have a long and narrow head and are on the edge of sizing go 1 up. The width was fine but no where close on the length.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually prefer the visor to my shades, having tried both. I found the visor still allowed plenty of air flow, plus no blind spots and no glasses slipping down my nose.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find that the helmet is uncomfortable with my Oakleys. I agree that the visor provides a much wider field of view.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just need to come out with darker/mirrored lenses now.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [DY3VERSITY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny, my first impression before I wore it was that the tint was really light. On the day I used it though, it was plenty to keep me from squinting. I'd say it was mostly sunny with a few clouds that day, over a 4.5 hr ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does anybody have a solution to get these visors on the P-09 to clip in and stay in place?

I have a lot of experience with testing that helmet. Leave the visor off and go faster. Put the visor on and go slower.
There are a very few helmets that do better with the visor and the P09 typically isn't one of them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djmercer wrote:
Does anyone know the performance difference between the Vortice and the P-09?

Dave

Old question (and thread), but LG's tests on the vorttice vs a P09 prototype showed 2%. See http://www.lxsim.com/...lio/louis-garneau-4/.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the baseline speed or speeds that you were using for the testing. Its been said plug in is faster up to 37kph then plug out wins above that. I'd be interested to see if you tested different.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [jsamples53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsamples53 wrote:
What was the baseline speed or speeds that you were using for the testing. Its been said plug in is faster up to 37kph then plug out wins above that. I'd be interested to see if you tested different.

Everything was at 30mph and 5, 10 and 15 degrees. It's ingesting to see how it tests better for almost everyone else. It certainly was close on me. Since no plug and sunglasses tested so close to plug and visor at 10 degrees and faster at 15 degrees I've been riding with no plug and sunglasses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next