Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thomas hellriegel is doing really well this year, with some fast bike splits and even solid run performances he never showed since 2002. maybe it's his 2nd little comeback for hell on wheels after his 4th place in kona (2002) and some injuries, that cost him a lot of running abilities.

far time back, 1995 and 1997, hellriegel was not only strong on the bike, he was also able to compete against guys like simon lessing on the short distance (non drafting) ITU races. he lost a little his running skills and speed due his extensive power-oriented bike training...

--
kind regards
Kai Baumgartner
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and then back it up 6 weeks later in Kona with an 8:06 with a 2:46 run....likely the greatest back to back IM performances ever. The amazing thing about Hellriegel's time at IMC, is that the pavement was fairly rough for long stretches, and this was on the old slower bike course that brought you back down to OK falls, before returning to town along the run route on skaha...and he had no motorcade to break wind for him like there has always been in Kona or Roth....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So being an Ironman UK winner, if you were to go back there and try and win again as a past champion and had to pull out right before the race ,could we then speculate that the pressure to win (since you had already won there once before), must have been too great and you were likely juiced up?

Honestly, what you insinuated is beyond stupid. And I doubt very much your sponsors would want you talking like that .

Hi M~
Mate did I say he was Juiced up??? Get a life! Drugs are in our sport and he hasn't won in Germany in years!! It's great to see that Ironman German is doing Blood tests and I'm just say he was talking it up in the last Thread on him then all of a sudden he's a DNS!!!
It's all good stick mate so H.T.F.U!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [CERVELOMAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what I dont get, just like you said, why come on here and talk and hype up his appearance there with his new bike and everything and then DNS...somethings up, injury sounds like back when I played tennis, a cover up!

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well I do hope that Normann picked up his Ironman Germany race number as they are doing Blood test for all pro athletes so if he doesn't get blood taken there will be a huge amount of speculation thrown on Normann!
Food for thought!

I apologize. But just to clarify, what did you mean by the above statement then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It s simply insane to go this fast on that course.... i really wonder if we will ever see such thing again......"
------------------------------------

I totally agree...I can't even imagine how Thomas did that on that course.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [kaihawaii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Stadler. I think he is very underrated and doesn't get the respect he deserves. But am curious. So come October, will it have been 2 years since Stadler last completed an Ironman? He DNFd Ironman Germany '07 and Kona '07 and now will have DNSd Germany '08. That doesn't seem to bode well for Kona '08.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dude....come on...smack talk is great...we all love it...keep it coming. Normann has never failed a single test. Be careful what you say in an open forum. You should not better. It is completely unfair to even speculate and I believe it is against the forum rules. The guy is a 2xKona champion and does not deserve this type of innuendo.
In all due respect, how come you didn't say anything about any of the Micheal Phelps or Dara Torres allegations made very openly and recently here in several threads? Is it more unfair/inflammatory when someone references a triathlete here on ST?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The insinuation is definitely there. Not very professional, but it's your career, huh?

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Shane D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler
As 3athlon.de reports as of today, 2x IM World Champion Normann Stadler will not compete at Ironman European Championship in Frankfurt on July, 6th due an older not complete healed infection/cold.

SRC: http://www.3athlon.de/...it_startverzicht.php
Is infection a code word for "scared shitless of Macca"???
Did you mean to say YOU were scared of Macca?

If not, you should go post somewhere else, like MySpace or something simpler.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Normann need a spot to IM Hawaii ? Or as he is 2x champion, he have spot "forever" ?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that I've even needed to look at these rules... but I think it's good for the next year only. Somebody here is bound to know for sure.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winner are invited to the race for life!

that is why dave scott can show up this year.... and many other pass winnner show up to the race without qualifying...

i think it s a good privilege for winner such race.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See? I knew somebody would know. I must be thinking of AG winners. Thanks jonnyo!

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took that to mean, hopefully he pickup up his number, cause if he did, that would mean, he submitted a test. What Bryan meant, was if he dropped out, after finding out he was going to be tested, it would possibly look like he was hiding something and the accusations would start.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me Hellriegel's '96 IMC race is the single best IM performance. I don't think anyone will best 8:09 on that course. And yes, his Hawaii bike record finally fell to Sindballe, but if I remember correctly, Thomas would still have it if they included transition time as they did then. Can anyone verify this?

Also, didn't Peter Reid win IMC and Kona back to back one year?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [CarlyBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it was the year both he and Lori won
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you implied that.

I would suggest you get your facts straight before you spout off on ST.
If you would have done your homework, you would have come across a snippet stating that he volunteered to get tested even so he will not be racing.

But you are probably mediocre at everything, so no surprise about the half-baked comments and 2nd-grader trash talk.

If you are a sponsored athlete, I bet your sponsors gonna be thrilled about you badmouthing other fellow professional athletes.

Quote | Reply
B honey, you're kind of being a dick.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
B honey, you're kind of being a dick.

clm
Well said.

Quote | Reply
He wasn't implying anything if you can actually read properly which obviously you can't.

There is no badmouthing going on at all.

Normann hasn't finished an Ironman since....well Kona 2006. He has admitted in interviews he made up the stories about Macca drafting in 2006 just to cause a stir. Do you think that's fair and professional? Well I don't. I think it stinks.

I think you'll find he did plenty of bad mouthing but for some reason none of you ever bring that up as your'e too busy trying to kiss Normann's ass. He was bang out of order plain and simple

Macca had the balls to front him up and Normann has failed to answer - DNF in Kona, DNS in Germany. Simple as that and pretty weak.

And he's disappointed a hell of a lot of people by pulling out of this race. He's good at the talk but it seems Macca is the only one to have the balls to walk the walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well I do hope that Normann picked up his Ironman Germany race number as they are doing Blood test for all pro athletes so if he doesn't get blood taken there will be a huge amount of speculation thrown on Normann!
Food for thought!
he was for sure at the pre-competition testing, as all of the attending pros as well. as well they're tested not only right before the race, also during the preparation, starting in early 2008 - "Eiserne Transparenz", "Iron Transparency" with their blood testing methods incl. off-score, etc. is a good move in the right direction...

--
kind regards
Kai Baumgartner
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [CarlyBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For me Hellriegel's '96 IMC race is the single best IM performance. I don't think anyone will best 8:09 on that course. And yes, his Hawaii bike record finally fell to Sindballe, but if I remember correctly, Thomas would still have it if they included transition time as they did then. Can anyone verify this?

Also, didn't Peter Reid win IMC and Kona back to back one year?

i would say the same, because:
1. old (slower) bike course
2. incl. t-times
3. the streets didn't had the new tarmac and pavement big island is now offering to their ironman. it's the same at IM lanzarote. also lot's of improvements on the streets the last 1-2 years...

--
kind regards
Kai Baumgartner
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [kaihawaii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks Kai
Thats what we wanted to hear!! You were there so would know a lot more than us!I really think this is a great move forward in Triathlon racing!! It's got to be done like this so there is no actuations!!
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He says on ironmanlive that he's racing in Lake Placid....2 weeks. Lets see if he shows or lets see if his infection clears by then :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next