Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see him go after Hellriegel's monumental record at IMC...now THAT is an amazing record.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree sub 8:10 on that course is amazing. As good as a low 7:50 in Roth.. Lieto might have ridden faster but to run well on that hilly course afterwards takes a lot of strength.
And didn't he go for a 100+km ride the next day..
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I agree sub 8:10 on that course is amazing. As good as a low 7:50 in Roth.. Lieto might have ridden faster but to run well on that hilly course afterwards takes a lot of strength.
And didn't he go for a 100+km ride the next day..
SteveMc

I wonder though, does anyone who goes 8:10 at Canada even stand a chance at winning Hawaii 2 months later? Personally, I think anyone who qualifies at Canada should get deferred entry to Kona to the following year. Especially the pros.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree but those were the days when Thomas trained and raced himself sick.
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'd like to see him go after Hellriegel's monumental record at IMC...now THAT is an amazing record. "
--------------------------------

I believe that it is now Chris Lieto's "monumental record at IMC".

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, Hellriegel went 8:09 at IMC 1996 and then backed it up with a second overall 8:06 at Kona including a blazing 2:46 run off a 4:2x bike....so perhaps most athletes don't stand a chance, but when you lose to LVL's 8:04 Kona record, that's as good as it gets
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [CERVELOMAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly my point too but I've been told my opinion is bollocks. The facts show that when the going get's tough Macca thrives on it, others melt under the pressure.

To me that's a true champion.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow....that I did not know. That's crazy!!
I wonder if he was able to tap into a training regime that REALLY worked for him in those two months or if he just got lucky? Either way, that is impressive .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His approach back then was to "train HHHrd, wery hhard"
Lots of 40plus hour weeks which worked for a time and then.. not
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazingly enough, he posted a career best 4:16 bike at Roth last year....

M~, there was nothing magic in between IMLP and Kona...actually I believe it was his 7th or 8th ironman in a span of ~18 months (Lanzarote-Roth-Hawaii-NZ?-Lanzarote-Roth-IMC-Hawaii). We can confirm once the xtri.com race database is working...seems a bit flakey right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mean IMLP or IMC ?
Although it isn't nearly the same, I always feel better when I race myself into shape rather than training myself into shape. ;)
Still, how those guys were able to do that to their bodies is truly beyond my comprehension. My little flabby boy body just couldn't take that abuse!
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's his running that hasn't been great recently. Shame as he really was the Ironman personified. Good news is that he's meant to be fit and strong this year.
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Exactly my point too but I've been told my opinion is bollocks. The facts show that when the going get's tough Macca thrives on it, others melt under the pressure.

To me that's a true champion.
Man, you're tough. Normann's first DNF came from flat tires. His second came from a stomach virus. I hardly call that "melting under pressure".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I meant IMC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I meant IMC

Got IMLP on the brain eh? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just looking forward to seeing what Normann can do at IMLP....what will be the final pecking order between Hellriegel, Larsen, Stadler and Bjorn as LP Uberbiker????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That will be exciting. Tell you what, I will give you a split time coming up Papa Bear as to where you are with respect to the Normannator. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goal as always is only to get onto run loop 2 before the first pros finish. 2 years ago I was leaving Mirror Lake drive just as Dr. Tommy and Victor came flying up
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"I'd like to see him go after Hellriegel's monumental record at IMC...now THAT is an amazing record. "

Haim

I'm talking about the real record...the one where you back it up with an awesome run..CL went fast, but nowhere near the 8.09 of Hellriegel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm talking about the real record...the one where you back it up with an awesome run.."
---------------------------------

Ahhhh...my bad.

i guess I have a hard time imagining Normann pulling off a sub 2:50 run after riding a record/near record bike pace in order to go 8:09.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Mighty Mouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be cheering for Michael Gohner...I'm interested to see how he'll stack up against Macca. ...and for the AG's, good luck to Team Free Radicals.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [kaihawaii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be rooting for the "Prince" (Faris) and the "Combine Driver" (Niclas B.)

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Haim

like francois said.... Hellriegal IMC course record is in my opinion the greates ironman performance of the history of the sport. It s simply insane to go this fast on that course.... i really wonder if we will ever see such thing again......

Lieto did put a on a amazing bike split but didnt go anywhere near as fast overall....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I taught him everything he knows..haha.

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]