Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travis_lt wrote:
This entire endeavor was over the day he decided to take it indoors. The elliptical just further emphasizes the fact that he's failed. He's obviously got incredible physical ability but at this point it's just a stunt to see how long he can exercise. Time to admit failure, go back to the drawing board and come up with a better logistical plan for the next attempt.

I may start my own little stunt. 'lliptical exercise 50 minutes in 50 day in 50 states (but maybe not 50 days in a row, depends on the bus schedule).

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you bring up a good point. if i can get 1500 posts out of it then, yes, i think he was blocking duffy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also didn't previously notice, and am now extremely bothered by, the picture of him receiving IV fluids as he rode his bike on the trainer.

Sorry, but if the purpose of going inside is just to make this thing easier (while violating WADA rules) then it just isn't the same thing as what it's being claimed to be.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now Dave L. seems to be well on his way of pissing of Mark Zuckerberg
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
I also didn't previously notice, and am now extremely bothered by, the picture of him receiving IV fluids as he rode his bike on the trainer.

Sorry, but if the purpose of going inside is just to make this thing easier (while violating WADA rules) then it just isn't the same thing as what it's being claimed to be.

Try to bring that point up with people that follow this guy. He can do no wrong at this point. The hero worship is insane for this guy. They'll just reply with "what he's doing is amazing, and you couldn't hope to do what he's doing".

That's one issue that I have with the censorship of the other thread. Either people still following this guy are completely in denial (then sure leave them to their hero), or they aren't aware of all the gimmicks he's pulling now to "progress", which they won't see here due to this thread being labeled the "hater's thread". If it's the latter, then removing all of today's posts didn't help things.
Last edited by: matt_cycles: Jun 25, 15 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [matt_cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt_cycles wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

Try to bring that point up with people that follow this guy. He can do no wrong at this point. The hero worship is insane for this guy. They'll just reply with "what he's doing is amazing, and you couldn't hope to do what he's doing".

That's one issue that I have with the censorship of the other thread. Either people still following this guy are completely in denial (then sure leave them to their hero), or they aren't aware of all the gimmicks he's pulling now to "progress", which they won't see here due to this thread being labeled the "hater's thread". If it's the latter, then removing all of today's posts didn't help things.

Where posts removed today? By Dan? Why?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
matt_cycles wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

Where posts removed today? By Dan? Why?

The elliptical thing got brought up in the other thread, because in at least a few people's mind it negates his "progress" that's being reported.

I understand Dan's point in keeping that thread solely about that topic, but it seemed like it was still worth discussing there. However he's the boss, so I should probably just save my complaints for the cry like a little biatch thread.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [matt_cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would also point out that I repeated my suggestion to duct tape him to a tandem and that was also deleted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it weren't for this thread, I would never have had any idea about the elliptical or the use of IV fluid replenishment while on the trainer. I think what the other thread's done is allowed people to be misinformed about what the IC is doing and how he's doing it. I never understood why we needed the other thread in the first place, and I think it's silly to tell people what they can and can't post there. If people want to know where the IC is or where he's going next, they can just check his website or Facebook.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, for all the things Dan allows to be posted, to delete something that looks like was fact, well. Guess mine got deleted also but I sure thought it
was fair.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:
I would also point out that I repeated my suggestion to duct tape him to a tandem and that was also deleted.

You make me laugh here on this thread and now on facebook! Poor "Leslie" clearly didn't know who she was calling out.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if The IC listens to Milli Vanilli while running on the elliptical?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry. That other thread is dead without me.

They want to delete my posts? Roll the dice and take your chances. I've posted on this site over 2000 times and been banned twice already, so don't think you can come in here, delete my posts, and make me nervous.

We live in a world that has online forums, and those forums have to be guarded by jerkoffs with sarcasm. Who's gonna do it? You? Slowman? Dev Paul? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Iron Cowboy and you curse Dave Luscan. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the Iron Cowboy's elliptical, while tragic, probably saved me from being banned a third time. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes some people shoot beer out of their noses. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places they don't touch on Beginner Triathlete, you WANT me on these forums, you NEED me on these forums.
Last edited by: Dave Luscan: Jun 25, 15 13:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:

They want to delete my posts? Roll the dice and take your chances. I've posted on this site over 2000 times and been banned twice already, so don't think you can come in here, delete my posts, and make me nervous.

We live in a world that has online forums, and those forums have to be guarded by jerkoffs with sarcasm. Who's gonna do it? You? Slowman? Dev Paul? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Iron Cowboy and you curse Dave Luscan. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the Iron Cowboy's elliptical, while tragic, probably saved me from being banned a third time. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes some people shoot beer out their noses. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places they don't touch on Beginner Triathlete. you WANT me on these forums, you NEED me on these forums.

Dammit you're my hero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:

We live in a world that has online forums, and those forums have to be guarded by jerkoffs with sarcasm. Who's gonna do it? You? Slowman? Dev Paul? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Iron Cowboy and you curse Dave Luscan. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the Iron Cowboy's elliptical, while tragic, probably saved me from being banned a third time. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes some people shoot beer out their noses. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places they don't touch on Beginner Triathlete. you WANT me on these forums, you NEED me on these forums.

Where the hell is that "like" button, dammit.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Wow, for all the things Dan allows to be posted, to delete something that looks like was fact, well. Guess mine got deleted also but I sure thought it
was fair..

Haha. Gotta stay to the rules here. Keep it classy!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:

We live in a world that has online forums, and those forums have to be guarded by jerkoffs with sarcasm. Who's gonna do it? You? Slowman? Dev Paul? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Iron Cowboy and you curse Dave Luscan. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that the Iron Cowboy's elliptical, while tragic, probably saved me from being banned a third time. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes some people shoot beer out of their noses. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places they don't touch on Beginner Triathlete, you WANT me on these forums, you NEED me on these forums.

Hahaha +1
Amen brother that was fun ^_^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:

Big-time Golf Clap. Well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
If it weren't for this thread, I would never have had any idea about the elliptical or the use of IV fluid replenishment while on the trainer. I think what the other thread's done is allowed people to be misinformed about what the IC is doing and how he's doing it. I never understood why we needed the other thread in the first place, and I think it's silly to tell people what they can and can't post there. If people want to know where the IC is or where he's going next, they can just check his website or Facebook.

Because there are people that want to follow the guy's progress, and there are people don't understand the people that want to follow him (Dave, stephenj, etc). There don't need to be two threads full of people savaging him. I don't need to hear about Dave Luscan's amazing coaching and athletic accomplishments or his desire to troll for the sake of trolling in two threads. I can get lots of that here.

I'm aware of the IV replenishment, the elliptical, the drafting, etc. They make the accomplishment less valuable than a theoretical someone that does a true 50/50/50 outdoor, but simply doing the exercise to the degree he is is still an accomplishment, and I'm interested in the story of how he does going forward. He also seems like a nice guy and seems to be doing a good thing, and it's not like he's hiding the things he's doing to keep going. As long as the charity donations go to the charity, he isn't hurting anyone, and it's a fun story to follow. To some extent, it's a little triathlon-related soap opera: Will he recover from the toe and hip? Will he have to ride indoors for the next month? Will he stop tomorrow?

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Jun 25, 15 14:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
travis_lt wrote:
This entire endeavor was over the day he decided to take it indoors. The elliptical just further emphasizes the fact that he's failed. He's obviously got incredible physical ability but at this point it's just a stunt to see how long he can exercise. Time to admit failure, go back to the drawing board and come up with a better logistical plan for the next attempt.

Ill wait for confirmation on the elliptical (which may never come), but I tend to agree with you. I thought it was maybe okay that he went inside for one or two days to escape seriously dangerous weather, but thought it ruined the spirit of the attempt to go inside because he was tired or to get out of the heat. And using an elliptical for the "run" would put a nail in it for me. If you can't do the thing you said you would do, that means you failed to accomplish the stated goal.

Maybe next time.

i see what you're getting at but i think his goal is much larger and more encompassing than 50/50/50 i'm not sure what an eliptical is but i'm guessing it isn't a treadmill. i'm guessing because of his hip they used it to keep him going forward so i certainly see the logic. imo it really does't matter to me what he calls it. people call my IMs a marathon and hell they even call the swim from the mainland to Isla a marathon so semantics just don't bother me. i have seen him inspiring so many people that really at this point that is what it is about. doing a really superhuman effort of athleticism and making personal contact with so many kids and adults and inspiring them to get active is how i see it and i can easily admire his incredible achievement without having to get all tied up with semantics and rulers up my ass to meet some random internet computer jockey's idea of what a triathlon is.

so i'm still a fan girl but a bit disappointed that IMO (only), assuming he used not a treadmill for the marathon (because that has not, to my knowledge been confirmed) that he missed the marathon last night. however, i afaic, as long as teh 50 x 3.8k Swim, 50 x 180km bike, and 50 x 42.2 run get done at some point in 50 days then he has achieved 50 Im triathlons in 50 states in 50 days. goal achieved.

like someone said long ago, his race, his rules, he's the race director.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Luscan wrote:

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, all kidding, grandstanding and witty movie dialogue aside, I feel like some thing IS getting hurt here. I can't quite put it into words, but the IVs, indoor stuff, drafting and ellipticals.....it's just bullshitish. It's false. This whole thing is just a big inspiration party fueled by bullshitish falsity. And that somehow takes away from the inspiration. And I think almost everyone knows it at this point. The other thread is basically a ghost town while this one is getting 10-20x the posts.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
travis_lt wrote:

Ill wait for confirmation on the elliptical (which may never come), but I tend to agree with you. I thought it was maybe okay that he went inside for one or two days to escape seriously dangerous weather, but thought it ruined the spirit of the attempt to go inside because he was tired or to get out of the heat. And using an elliptical for the "run" would put a nail in it for me. If you can't do the thing you said you would do, that means you failed to accomplish the stated goal.

Maybe next time.

i see what you're getting at but i think his goal is much larger and more encompassing than 50/50/50 i'm not sure what an eliptical is but i'm guessing it isn't a treadmill. i'm guessing because of his hip they used it to keep him going forward so i certainly see the logic. imo it really does't matter to me what he calls it. people call my IMs a marathon and hell they even call the swim from the mainland to Isla a marathon so semantics just don't bother me. i have seen him inspiring so many people that really at this point that is what it is about. doing a really superhuman effort of athleticism and making personal contact with so many kids and adults and inspiring them to get active is how i see it and i can easily admire his incredible achievement without having to get all tied up with semantics and rulers up my ass to meet some random internet computer jockey's idea of what a triathlon is.

so i'm still a fan girl but a bit disappointed that IMO (only), assuming he used not a treadmill for the marathon (because that has not, to my knowledge been confirmed) that he missed the marathon last night. however, i afaic, as long as teh 50 x 3.8k Swim, 50 x 180km bike, and 50 x 42.2 run get done at some point in 50 days then he has achieved 50 Im triathlons in 50 states in 50 days. goal achieved.

I'm sorry, you seem to be in the wrong place. This is the hater's thread. We are going to need Dan to remove this positive post. It's only fair after all...
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:

This is an elliptical

I get that he's inspiring people and all of that, but he's not doing what the challenge was originally called for. People are still giving him credit for continuing his goal of "50 IM's in 50 days in 50 states". I'll say it again at this point those people are either in denial or unaware of the shenanigans going on behind the scene.

And he absolutely did the whole marathon on the elliptical yesterday. However he's achieved hero worship status to where it doesn't matter anymore in most of his follower's minds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I honestly don't get the point of why he's continuing at this point. He failed. The stated goal is over. I totally respect the effort and can't imagine the hell he's gone through but it's a complete farce in the context of 50/50/50.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next