Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [linkslefty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
linkslefty wrote:
The bike route on the website appears to go east the whole way, just curious how a west wind helps?

Lets make America great again!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [JTPATE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live west of the swim start. In 2013 I took the shuttle from T2, and 2015 the shuttle from White Oak Beach. There was a 10min wait, but would do the White Oak shuttle again. At packet pickup, I dropped my running shoes at T2 covered in a saved IM special needs bag.

T2 and those buses at 5am were a bit bananas for my preferred quiet pre-race. Extra sleep + shorter porta potty line = white oak.

Note the biggest logistical hurdle was inflating your bike tires in the morning. They don't have enough pumps for 2300 people so you might plan to hit that line 1st, prior to the porta potty line.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [Slick_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL fair enough, now I can see how that question seemed dumb, but for someone who doesn't know, how would you know?

Okay I'm done for today!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
linkslefty wrote:
LOL fair enough, now I can see how that question seemed dumb, but for someone who doesn't know, how would you know?

Okay I'm done for today!

The little arrow is helpful.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [jmkizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously I wasn't using a site with the arrow.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [GoPro Hero4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG...the Face Palm is awesome. I have just had the best laugh of the week. Sorry to the poster; I know it was an honest mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water temp being reported as 78 by US Army Corps of Engineers today.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome! Hoping for a non-wetsuit swim

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A "WSW" wind describes wind as coming FROM that direction. So it's "heading" easterly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see 77 not 78... not that it really matters right now. With the weather forecast the way it is right now, I think its going to be non wetsuit. Even though rain is expected, the high temps expected are just too high for the water to "cool" off a couple degrees. If anything, I think the water is going to be near 80 degrees on Sunday.

It looks like its going to be wet on Sunday. Hopefully the thunderstorms hold off.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I see 77 not 78... not that it really matters right now. With the weather forecast the way it is right now, I think its going to be non wetsuit. Even though rain is expected, the high temps expected are just too high for the water to "cool" off a couple degrees. If anything, I think the water is going to be near 80 degrees on Sunday.

It looks like its going to be wet on Sunday. Hopefully the thunderstorms hold off.

You have to scroll down to Wednesday June 1st. It says 78.

The top of the page will display the data for Tuesday May 31. It was 77 yesterday.

ETA: I'm not too worried about the rain. Forecast (Weather.com) says cloudy early with thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. But look at the wind:

SW 12mph !!! Yahoo !!!

Last edited by: japarker24: Jun 1, 16 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

It's on http://epec.saw.usace.army.mil/bejrept.txt, no the dailyreport one.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I just wasted $50 on a wetsuit rental.

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [jmkizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scroll to the bottom... definitely says 78
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
awesome! Hoping for a non-wetsuit swim
Guess I need to actually put the Roka skin on and try it out in the water. I thought for sure this was gonna be a wetsuit race.

I had the wetsuit on yesterday in the pool getting a feel for it, did a 1000 in it. Got out and took it off and got light headed. Got a little too hot I think.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [JTPATE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
race directors know where to find the cool water
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:

Yep.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TriTamp wrote:

Yep.
do they dump a bag of ice in the water around where they test or is there hot and cold spots scattered throughout the lake
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
TriTamp wrote:

Yep.
do they dump a bag of ice in the water around where they test or is there hot and cold spots scattered throughout the lake

I'm not saying they'll find it this time but they either know the cool spots which would be deeper parts which they can easily know and/or they round down a degree or two.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Headed down early Saturday AM from DC. I think the athlete guide said there is no organized swim on Saturday, but is there somewhere to get in a quick swim, either at the swim area or nearby?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
TriTamp wrote:

Yep.
....or is there hot and cold spots scattered throughout the lake

This.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
SkipG wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
TriTamp wrote:

Yep.
....or is there hot and cold spots scattered throughout the lake

This.
weather channel app showing scattered thunder storms am Sunday and says more frequent in pm. 90% chance of rain
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [RIVTDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RIVTDC wrote:
Headed down early Saturday AM from DC. I think the athlete guide said there is no organized swim on Saturday, but is there somewhere to get in a quick swim, either at the swim area or nearby?

Thanks!

I emailed Ironman and was told you can swim on Saturday provided you're abiding by local rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim and bike fast then! It's looking like rain on the run which is fine by me!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [RIVTDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seaforth Beach is also a good place for a swim at Jordan Lake.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply

Prev Next