Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I am looking for a homestay in the region. Normally I go thru Ironman but all the homestays have cats and I am super allergic to cats. You wouldn't be chance know of anyone that wouldn't mind homestaying a pro would you?

Thomas,

Just to let you know, I would offer to host you but I have 2 cats.

Alan

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I am looking for a homestay in the region. Normally I go thru Ironman but all the homestays have cats and I am super allergic to cats. You wouldn't be chance know of anyone that wouldn't mind homestaying a pro would you?

Thomas,

Just to let you know, I would offer to host you but I have 2 cats.

Alan

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. Sounds like a lot of people are cat owners in the raleigh area.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas, I sent you a message over on BT when I saw your post. We are a bit north of town but cat free. Just let me know if you're interested.

Team Zoot - Great Lakes
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [Brooks Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks Doughtie wrote:
If water is that warm after the last few days of this "chill", I cant see it being wetsuit legal now.
temp showing 73 today on the army site. Lots of rain in the forecast over the next few days. Looking like it's going to be a wetsuit race to me.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes absolutely agreed, it won't get above it with the weather this week.

Thank god we dont have predicted temps of 89-92 all week.

Still temps in mid-low 80's, but not the "hot/oppressive" summer heat that has been the last few years the week of Raleigh.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I going in way overweight and under trained. Ill take a nice wetsuit swim and 80degree temps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really hoping the weather report is accurate. Got my 70 year old parents coming out so I'd love to put up a good showing.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [linkslefty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice the water temp went 73/74/75/77 from Friday -> Monday?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you see that? The link I've been using hasn't updated today yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://epec.saw.usace.army.mil/bejrept.txt

Scroll to the bottom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw it. Wow.

Let's hope the rain doesn't cool it off too much

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sits at 73-74 for weeks, and jumps up to 77 within a couple of days. Hasn't it been raining a ton up there also? How is that possible?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You not a fan of a wetsuit swim?
Last edited by: SkipG: May 31, 16 7:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm more concerned that the forecasted temp is shooting up. Was 83, now 88 with a "feels like" around 100. But it sounds like that is par for the course to hear past participants tell it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I've been watching the forecast this week and it's been all over the place, started out with 20% chance of rain high around 80, nor it's 80% chance of rain and high of 90! Gets brutal at that temp. I remember Florida 70.3 in 2008 temps were rediculous. We had a nice cool shower on the bike and mysteriously the clouds parted right when it was time to run. Temps got in the upper 90's that day I think 97, worst day running ever!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct. Can't stand swimming in a wetsuit.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate the feeling of a wetsuit also but getting out of the water 3-4 min faster is a nice feeling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About the only thing I like about the current forecast for Sunday is the WSW 7mph wind.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that good for this bike course? I haven't even really looked at the bike course at all
Last edited by: SkipG: May 31, 16 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Is that good for this bike course? I haven't even really looked at the bike course man at all

Yes.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Raleigh 70.3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Debating what to do on race morning. I'm staying with family up in Morrisville. 30 minutes to T2 for the shuttle or 30 min drive to Vista Point. I'm assuming I could set my run gear up on Saturday in T2 and then just drive to one of the remote lots at Vista Point and come back for my car later. What are the Raleigh locals doing? It comes down to waking up at 3 AM versus 4:30 AM. I guess my run gear in T2 would get trashed if rain is forecasted on Saturday night. Looking like it's a coin flip for wetsuit/no wetsuit.

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It got muggy warm quick and the rain was part of a tropical system straight out of the Bahamas.

Also like it went from 79 to 76 overnight the first year.
Last edited by: triguy1956: May 31, 16 9:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike route on the website appears to go east the whole way, just curious how a west wind helps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
linkslefty wrote:
The bike route on the website appears to go east the whole way, just curious how a west wind helps?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wind direction is reported as the direction the wind originated at , not the direction its going towards.
Quote Reply

Prev Next