Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lake tahoe full is still there for 2015
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt this has anything to do with it. It might be to help the swim be wetsuit legal, but I doubt WTC cares about wetsuit companies profits. They care about participants being able to wear wetsuits... likely increase their registration numbers.

I'm more likely to do it if it's in October. The summer was too hot for my family to be comfortable. They would gladly go again if the temps were cooler. Me, I don't care one way or the other.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I think you might be kidding yourself if you dont think WTC cares about how its "client companies" do. Remember, WTC is just another Facebook. They make their money off ads. The product they "sell" is age groupers willing to spend a fortune on stuff for their hobbies.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that, but I wonder how many people who do IMLOU in August don't own a wetsuit already. I'd be interested in how many people buy a new wetsuit for an Ironman. either because they don't have one, or decide to upgrade for an IM/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can usually pick up an Xterra sleeveless for $100 if you wait on the deal. I us it for tri's in the South.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Moving Louisville to October just created a full Iron distance of Augusta (river swim, rolling course and pancake flat run. The heat is what scared people off. It will go from barely selling out to selling out in under a week. I am just glad I did in the sweltering heat of 2012. I liked the fact of how tough it was.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced Wisconsin in 06. I will take 90 over that cold/rain every day of the week
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.Me too, 2012 was brutal and I actually wanted to repeat it next year. Maybe still will, see how the first race in Chattanooga goes.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
noofus wrote:
What do they do for B2B?

Looks like sunrise on that date in Louisville is 0748. There should be just enough daylight to start the swim at 0700

The 140.6 is a mass start right at 7AM and then they do the 70.3 in waves about an hour later.

From the link about dates, it looks like IM Maryland is also a go for 2015. I like Louisville being in October, I may consider it.

B2B Full starts at 7:30. They changed the time starting last year.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link on ironman.com is still there. Scroll to the bottom, under "All Races" click "Race Open Calendar".
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [mshawgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mshawgo wrote:
The link on ironman.com is still there. Scroll to the bottom, under "All Races" click "Race Open Calendar".

You are correct. Just much more difficult to find now.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the same feeling after the heat of American Zofingen 2012 and then the cold rain of 2013. While it sucks and feels miserable to race in the heat, it's a lot better than shivering on a rainy descent.

That being said, avg of 70deg sounds pretty damn great.
Last edited by: MSUtri: Jul 28, 14 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off topic, how technical is the descent down the Bodenberg?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably should have clarified that it was American Zofingen, now Powerman Zofingen.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see South Africa on that list. Did I miss something there?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What would be the anticipated water temp in October?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well this will be my first time doing IMlou..guess I can include "and I did it the last year it was held under the devils nutsack"?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [MarkM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you. I love how people want to race Ironman's, but then complain about heat. We can definitely see who the girly IM types are in this thread.

"Oh, I'll do it now, they've made it easier now!!" What a bunch of winers!! Maybe you all should do cross fit!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If these Louisville cool temps continue will they have an asterisk this year too? :) High of 74* here today!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, everyone from 2015 should have an asterisk unless they did it prior to 2015 and just returning to race again.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Yes, everyone from 2015 should have an asterisk unless they did it prior to 2015 and just returning to race again.

Wah! Sounds like sour grapes to me. Cozumel is still there for those who want the heat and humidity...and the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think about it IMLOU could have just became the place to go and KQ. Think about it: full year of recovery, and everybody who is fast is already in Kona

Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
If you think about it IMLOU could have just became the place to go and KQ. Think about it: full year of recovery, and everybody who is fast is already in Kona

x2

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lou moving to Oct [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could say that about Chattanooga and IM Maryland :)

Prev Next