Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by lschmidt
Last edited by: lschmidt: Jan 12, 07 16:59
Re: I'm looking for a triathlon coach [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich Strauss at cruciblefitness.com has a complete tier of service from standard programs to very customized advanced personalized coaching. Look at his website for all tiers of coaching...I'm using a standard plan but he has personal coaching also....

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should consider D3 Multisport at http://www.d3multisport.com/. Mike Ricci is fantastic as are his other coaches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm coach-shopping too - if you look on the next page, I posted a thread titled "How much...." yesterday that addresses the $$$ issue.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello lschmidt,
Saw your post while looking for interesting news in the forum...I'm a USAT coach and recently moved from CO to WA to open a tri-camp and coaching business in conjunction with a wellness focused B&B. I'd be happy exchange email if you have any questions about finding a coach...don't worry, no pressure. There are lots of good coaches out there. I offer three coaching options and we also hold training camps at our place on Whidbey Island in WA. My web portal is www.wildeberry.com (...heads up though, I'm still working on it). Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

*** wildeberrysports.com ***
tri-camps & coaching on whidbey island, wa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would suggest you to also look at www.pstriathlon.com paulo is accepting a few athletes right now of any caliber from begginer to pro. he as a lot of experience and probably one of top coach there is at the moment....as work with many pros...one of them ran 2:43 marathon at ironman hawaii...but i cant remember is name??? if you need a coach....get the best one right away....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Last edited by: jonnyo: Jan 12, 07 17:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes......the one and only!!!!

look on his website....he as been coaching a lot of pro on slowtwitch like me and sergio but also a lot of age grouper and he is one very nice guy to work with.....a lot of knowledge to give,

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok...you didnt read the website carefully.......to say that paulo is a awsome athlete will be ridicoulous.....sorry paulo!!!! he is a coach/engineer/quzios fan....and then.....he will do once awile a run or a bike ride.....but please....dont call him a athlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Francois Modave for 6 + months. Great results so far. After my May crash and visit to the ICU, and being unable to swim, ride on the road or run for 6+ weeks, I won my AG at the Kahuna (1st HIM), won a local OLy (with a PR) took second at SOMA (HIM) losing in transition. His biggest strengths are run and bike both coaching and competitively, as far as I can tell. PM him <Francois>

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with jonnyo on this one and give a recomendation to go with Paulo. When Paulo started coaching me a year and a half ago I was 21 and although I was strong in one sport (running) I was pretty weak in the other two. However, I have seen huge improvements in my biking and swimming and have even gained some fitness on the run. Paulo does a great job personalizing schedules and assigning the right kind of training to make YOU the fastest you can be in your 'A' race. In this way the schedules are both catered to your strengths and weaknesses as an athlete and towards the race you want to do well in (IM vs sprint). Let me know if you have any questions and good luck with your search.

--------------------------

Team Timex 2014
@ajhodges
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read through this thread carefully:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20coaching;#1091037

There are several good recommendations, and one that I am very partial to.

;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm looking for a triathlon coach [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should contact Jason at digittri.com I start training with him and its great, he doesnt have any limit as far as how many phone call or email, if you need to know something you just have to call him!

good luck!

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only speak from my own personal experience.
I'm 22... I've been training for a year now with Kurt Perham. I've had a really amazing experience so far... Wasn't really any kind of an athlete before 2 years ago... I rock climbed before then and climbing competitions were about the extent of my outdoorness.... before that I was a math geek. So far I've put in the work and have seen really good result. Have took top 5 (20-24) in some good size races... I've also got some really good results in the cyclocross circuit here in the Mid Atlantic (and was able to upgrade).
I'd give him a shout... or check out his website: http://www.pbmcoaching.com/ ..... he also post alot here under Trukweaz. Some of the New Englanders know him.

My only recommendation is to find someone who can relate to. Good coaches are hard to come. If a coach knows all the data in the world it won;t do much good if he can't push his/her athlete to take risks and use the knowledge they may have... good luck in the search.

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: I'm looking for a triathlon coach [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
ok...you didnt read the website carefully.......to say that paulo is a awsome athlete will be ridicoulous.....sorry paulo!!!! he is a coach/engineer/quzios fan....and then.....he will do once awile a run or a bike ride.....but please....dont call him a athlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!! Fortunatley for Paulo, you don't have to be a great athlete to be a great coach.

lschmidt: You probably have learned through your years of swimming what makes a great coach. They are more than just schedulers. I see all too many beginner and intermediate triathletes paying way too much money for someone to build them a program, and take all the credit when that athlete gets faster. My point is this: If you're new to the sport, and you begin putting in some serious volume, you WILL get faster, regardless of the coach.

IMO, a good coach will sit down with his/her athlete (in person, via phone, messenger, whatever) once a week(ish) and listen to how the athlete is reacting to his/her new program. Not just physically, but psychologically and socially. Endurance sports, if you're serious about them, take over your life and they have huge impact on relationships and day to day responsibilities. It is your coach's job to be you mentor and your sounding board, not just your trainer (else they'd be called trainers).
Your new coach should also be conscious of your nutrition regime, both day-to-day and race-day. They are very different in nature, but are equally important to producing results.
Here's where I'd go: www.ironguides.net

Good luck!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe I should put something nice here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I took a look at this website, not only does he appear to be an awesome athlete and coach but PhD in engineering! Maybe he can even help me with my calc 3 and linear algebra homework.
Let me know what make you think from my website that I am an awesome athlete, I'll edit those parts out. As for helping an undergrad with homework, the price is +5k/month and a tenure-track position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a guy by the name of Sharon Aharon, located near you, in Chicago. Great guy. Lots of knowledge about the sport. Very accesible. Here is his contact info:

http://www.wellfitinc.com/coaching/sharone.html

http://iron-boom.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
L~

You've had many good suggestions.

I would ask what are your goals? I think every coach feels that he has something special to offer his athlete. You should try to match your goals and proposed areas of improvement to a coach he feels particularly good in that area.

Finally, what are you able to afford? That is equally important.

Best of luck. You have a great background to succeed in the sport. Find a mentor that can help you achieve your potential.

J

Jeff Shilt
Last edited by: lschmidt: Jan 13, 07 14:49
Quote | Reply
I have been using Vision Quest Coaching since September and I have been really happy with them. They are located in Chicago and have rides all the time right on the Illinois Wisconsin border. All their programs are customized. The owner and head cycling coach is Robbie Ventura who is an x Postal Service rider. All the tri coaches have been in the sport for a long time and are extremely knowledgable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you count the coaches that are full/unavailable from that list that will recommend me, I win by a landslide ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use Roch Frey....why not the best?

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lschmidt,

I would agree with Dr. J for the most part, however I would also add that it's important to find a coach that matches your personality and philosophy.

When it all comes down to it, one of the most important things is that you believe that if you follow your coaches plan that you will get the results that you want. That is a big question, what's it going to take for you to believe? Scientific justification? Proven results from his/her athletes? Proven personal results? Enough personal contact that you feel that he/she knows you? etc.

I would recommend searching some previous posts of the coaches you mentioned above. You will get a good feel for their personality and philosophy from that and be in a better position to determine who meshes best with your own personality and training philosophy.

IMHO, it is far too important a decision to be determined by a popularity contest.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alan.

trigeek76@triathlontrainingsurvey.net
http://www.triathlontrainingsurvey.net
Fill out my training survey to receive a copy of how Slowtwitchers really train
Quote Reply

Prev Next