Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How much would you pay [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About $20 per session with a chance to buy a 'bulk' block of say, 10 sessions at a discount would work fo rme.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've paid 20-30 for this when traveling for work.

Examples:
Total Cyclist in Charlotte NC
Energy Lab in Atlanta
Quote Reply
Re: How much would you pay [daswafford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daswafford wrote:
captain-tri wrote:
If I were presented the option when on vacation to go someplace where I could ride a real bike (that you provide), and follow a TrainerRoad work out from my in progress plan, I'd be willing to pay up to $25 for that. Nice to travel with out a bike if you're only going to 2-4 workouts while away.

^ I really like that idea. I would love the ability to ride a real bike even if it's not mine. And, being able to keep up with Trainer Road workouts (even if it's not my own, but group led, that would be awesome!).

Thanks the plan is to have Tri and road bikes of various sizes for people who do not have a bike.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$12-15 depending on production value

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to give you an idea of costs in other cities, in Boulder you pay $10 per session, in San Francisco the place I know about is $35 per session. There is no way I would pay that, but obviously other people do.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a tightwad. Vacations are expensive enough. I'm not going to spend extra, just to get in a workout.

However, this is ST, so you'll probably make a killing separating lawyers from their hard earned money. Just make sure you put the words "carbon", "aero", and "VO2" in your marketing :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I'd probably pay no more than $0. If I'm n a non cycling vacation and I don't bring my bike and I need a workout, I'll run.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do triathlon for several years now and when on holiday with may family always look how to do at least some bike sessions.
However, I always do this in the hotel I am, almost every hotel has its fitness center.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth we had a tri shop (Human Motor Works) that had a Computrainer lab. I'll ballpark the numbers, though FYI they closed within the past week or two.

8 trainers

Session was $10-20. Monthly pass was ~$100-150.

They also had a morning training class that was led by Zach Ruble, a local/former pro. I don't know the pricing of those sessions, but I think it was something like 3x a week for 6 weeks and $100-150. Unsure if this was paid to zach directly and he paid the shop for use of the lab, or if the money was paid to the shop and they paid zach.

There were some people who liked to make use of the lab. One nice thing about it was that they offered bike storage for their monthly members so it made it easy for people wanting to work out before or after work without having to worry about their bike. They also had a single shower/bathroom available, bring your own towel. Lots and lots of fans in the suffer cave. Decent amount of mirrors for people wanting to watch their friends suffer or to just check themselves out while suffering alone. All trainers hooked up to racermate software.

Like I said though, shop closed after 4 years. It's a little unclear on the reasons why short of speculation.

not quite an edit since i haven't posted yet, but it appears they updated their numbers prior to closing:

New membership pricing options!
1 month unlimited – $50
3 month unlimited – $125
6 month unlimited plus free bike storage – $250
12 month unlimited plus free bike storage – $450

Drop-in price: $10.
Bike Storage – $40/month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait: are you asking how much would a reasonable person pay, or how much would a triathlete pay?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fraser Bike in Michigan has a pretty popular "Cycle Lab". I think the original location has 16 Computrainers and also bike storage. http://www.fraserbicycle.com/...d-cycle-lab-pg62.htm

It looks like they have 3 levels, but pricing seems reasonable $12 weekdays, $24 weekends.

The upper levels let you reserve lab time, and store staff would retrieve your bike from storage and set it up on the CT, and return it to storage afterwards also.
Quote Reply
Re: How much would you pay [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
wait: are you asking how much would a reasonable person pay, or how much would a triathlete pay?

Good catch, but he's talking Jersey, so "reasonableness" is a dubious quantity/quality here

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
So i live in a tourist town and am thinking of starting my second business of an indoor virtual cycle center.

Similar to a computrainer studio.

We will have multiple wheel on trainers, a few erg controlled cyclops bikes and also loaner bikes for out of town folks who may want to get a workout in.

I know most on here have their own smart trainer so they do not need a place like this, but how much would you pay per session when on vacation or to be able to suffer with others?

Also the town would be considered to be on the upper end of the income scale. (though i am not lol)

if you're trying to catch the seasonal summer crowd i would think anyone coming out of town would likely bring his / her bike to do a ride or two...or at least that is what I do..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a cycling studio near me that was open less than a year and just closed. I think location is key and how weather effects attendance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dislike training on generic gym stationary bikes on vacation so I'd definitely consider it. Prob $20-25 is what I'd pay. SoulCycle is considered pricey and it is about $35 per session. The big question is how would you market it? How would you find those of us who'd be interested?
Quote Reply

Prev Next