Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Favourite quotes...
Quote | Reply
Specifically, from other posters on this forum.

My new favourite Tom D quote is: Those bikes have Q-factor big enough for Anna Nicole Smith.

Heh heh heh...

What's yours?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As we were leaving the wife says to me "it's too bad you don't have legs like that. Then you could shave to!!"

LOL.....sounds familiar;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

One of my current favorites is:

"i guess that is why the japanese can make 5 cylinder roadrace gp bikes that make 220 hp and weigh the same as a bicycle and in wisconsin we make harleys that make 40 hp, weigh as much as a two story house, and use tractor technology from "green acres" by T-T-N
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure if it was on slowtwitch or some other tri website, but, one of my recent favorites was from Scott Molina...

"Moderation is the key to mediocrity."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also from this forum, one way or another..

"Know for a certainty that, that once the gun goes off, all your nervousness will evaporate and, in very short order, will prove to be the least of your worries."

stephen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might not have this exact, but it went something like this: "Dno't kompomize. Innsisst on optimmum phit. Don't buy Cvrello, you brainwahshed, mnidless peeple."

"Why du yuo all gangg up onme?"
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because it's not what you say, it's how you say it. As in anything.

"While pain is inevitable, misery is optional"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A line from a magazine ad last year:

“Obsessed” is a word the unmotivated use to describe the dedicated.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I could find that quote on a T-Shirt I'd buy it in a second. It reminds me of a fav. old tee I once had that someone liked so much it disappeared from my inventory.

"Drugs are for people who can't handle ADRENALINE"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my Fav triathlon quotes is from Mark Allan aka The Grip.

I was interviewing him for a magazine article prior to IMH in 1993. There had been some speculation going into the event about his fitness. He had gone on a bit of a crash course to get ready for IMH that year to defend his title. I asked him what type of training he had been doing to get ready for the race. His response:

"I would tell you all about the training, but then I would have to kill"!

I am pleased to report that he did say this with a big smile on his face, but no further information about the training was given.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me set the stage, its like stage 11 of the 1999 Tdf, Lance just took the yellow on the TT the day before, he's climbing Sestries, and i think it was Paul who said, "Lance is going to win this stage and go minuites ahead of the field because of it tooo." I'll never forget that, i still get goosebumps.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
from Caddyshack [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
said in best Bill Murray imitation about an hour into our Sunday long-ride, rain dumping on us:

"I'd keep going...I don't think the heavy stuff's going to come down for awhile yet."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is on a nike tshirt attributed to Lance Armstrong.

" I now only have good days and great days"

It got me through my back surgery.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"stop whining and hurt yourself for once big wuss"
( a close translation of what Udo Bolts said to Jan Ulrich in a mountain stage of the tour)

but the ultimate one...a journalist in France (I have just forgotten his name, well known for not knowing sh.. and being the riders best friend...) asks to Laurent Jalabert just before a Time Trial of the Tour 2000 (I think it was 2000)

J: "so Laurent, how are you going to do the TT tomorrow"

answer of Jaja

LJ: "with my bike"

a great illustration of a quote in a french movie of the 60s
"je parle pas aux cons, ca les instruit"
(literally, I don't speak to idiots, it educates them)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and Pride and never quit, you will be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [Mark L.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I can do anything through He who gives me Strength."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the beginning of one of the final climbs on a mtn stage of last year's tour de france, Phil Liggett said of George Hincapie:

"Georgie has done fantastic work today. He is sliding off the front of the pace line, and now all he has to do is drag his giant carcass up the mountain..."

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when all is said and done, more is said than done.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [Tommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It is not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings, who knows the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows in the end the high achievement of triumph and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know neither victory nor defeat" Theodore Roosevelt

"Take the day as it comes" Paula Newby Frazer at IM Hawaii

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all" Helen Keller

"No whining" Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have three from my favourite finger puppet character, Son of Bun:

"He's got two arms and two legs, #@$% him!!!! He can get a job!!!"

"Get off the street and off of the bottle, you #@$%ing bum!!!!"

"I'm going to give him a piece of my mind and ask for it back!!!!"
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite quotes... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my favorite:

"If I could only be half the person my dog thinks I am"

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Dave in WI
-----------------------------------------------------
"What you once were isn't what you want to be anymore" - Wilco
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light - not our darkness - that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

- Nelson Mandela, inaugural speech, 1994

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
from the mouth of The Man himself [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just hasn't gotten weird enough for me yet.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a few of my favorites:

"Those things that hurt, instruct." --Benjamin Franklin

"A good way to judge people is by observing how they treat those who can do them absolutely no good." -- unknown --

"Our bodies are our gardens - our wills are our gardeners" -- William Shakespeare

"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before." --Steven Wright

"A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." - G. K. Chesterton

"It is a pity for a man to grow old and never know the strength and endurance of which the body is capable." -- Socrates

"If you don't think you're going too slow, then you're probably going too fast." --Anon

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find how far they can go." --T.S. Elliot

"Know for a certainty that, that once the gun goes off, all your nervousness will evaporate and, in very short order, will prove to be the least of your worries." --Lee Gruenfeld

"...like every writer, he measured other men's virtues by what they had accomplished, yet asked that other men measure him by what he planned someday to do."
Last edited by: Lloyd: Jan 22, 03 8:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next